Approaching "Naturlizaion" (drastic shift since 5 years)

TrinPrince

Registered Users (C)
Path: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?216698-I-130-(situation-has-changed)

Since addressing my immigration problems I have used the 5 years down to the second:
-attain my Degree
-now a Visual Effects artist have just finished work on this movie: http://disney.go.com/tron

Living in Los Angeles now, I'd like a comparsion to New York per the wait times for filing the Form N-400.

I will procced by:
Applying 5 years from the "Resident" date.
(You can file the application 90 days before the residence requirement is met.)

My Resident Since: 11/20/06
My date to apply is: 11/20/11 (less 90 days is 08/23/11. Send in application on 08/23/11)

Is there any other things I need to watch out for?

Please advise,
Regards

Namecheckvictim is 100% correct. Also, how many days have you been out of the country during the past 5 years?

namecheckvictim, cfiler

Thanks for responding.

To answer your question, I have maintained residency in the US for the 5 year duration.

~Trin

Living in Los Angeles now, I'd like a comparsion to New York per the wait times for filing the Form N-400.
Since you must apply to the district area you are currently a resident of and all DOs have an average 5 month processing time, any comparison of DO processing times becomes a moot point.

Since you must apply to the district area you are currently a resident of and all DOs have an average 5 month processing time, any comparison of DO processing times becomes a moot point.

fair enough, I'll expect to wait around 5 months but not counting on it.

Since NY & LA are both entry points to "american dreams", I figured they'd be about the same.

Regards,

Send the application on the 08-30-11 to be on the safe side.

I personally believe 3-day allows room ample enough to cover 1-day calculation disagreement if that occurs. So it is safe enough for the OP to apply on 08-26-2011.

Actually, it is safe enough to narrow it down to 2-day difference. So I would apply
on 08-25-2011 if I were him