Appointment date at Passport agency before becoming USC?

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
My interview is on the 28th and I am hoping I get the same or next day Oath. Is it safe to set an appointment at National Passport Center for the 29th...I would like to travel on the 30th to see my family overseas.

Will I be accused of "claiming" to be a Citizen If I set the appointment before I become a USC? Just want to make sure! I think they ask for your SSN when you make an appointment.

I don't think there will be any problem with making the appointment, but you may not get the passport on the 29th it may not be issued until the 30th.
I'd try and put some wiggle room in your plans.

My interview is on the 28th and I am hoping I get the same or next day Oath. Is it safe to set an appointment at National Passport Center for the 29th...I would like to travel on the 30th to see my family overseas.

Will I be accused of "claiming" to be a Citizen If I set the appointment before I become a USC? Just want to make sure! I think they ask for your SSN when you make an appointment.

It will be touch and go since you have only 1 day. Usually, they will accommodate same day passport if A) you show the proof of travel, B) they are not overloaded, and C) your appointment is early in the day. However, having an extra days provides you some safety which you do not have now.

Anyway, there is no issue in making an appointment before oath. You are anyway not signing the form claiming your citizenship status until you reach the passport agency counter. You start checking availability 2 weeks before your needs.

i made an appointment before my oath day, its safe to do that

if you wait for the last second, all the appointments availability will be taken

if you called for an appointment and the customer service told you that there is no availability at the day, try to use the automated service center,

there is an option the computer will ask you to select the date and the time
you like to apply for passport

whe i applied for passport at the agency, i discovered that most of the people on the line had no appointments, the security allowed everybody to go inside

There's no requirement to make a claim to US citizenship when making the appointment, so no issues in making an appointment before oath.