Applying Green Card For Spouse

satlampa

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

• Got my green card in 2001 based on employment.
• Got engaged in 2002 to a girl from India.
• My Fiancée applied for F1 Visa based on I20/PhD Admission from University during early 2003, but her visa got rejected since she did not had fellowship.
• Had to marry in mid 2003 to the girl, because the date was already fixed…
• She however got the fellowship in mid 2003 after our marriage. Then she reapplied for the F1 visa in mid 2003… hiding the marital status (fearing that her F1 Visa could be rejected based on the marital status)…However, she was granted F1 visa and came to US in mid 2003 …
• She however accidentally got pregnant and returned to India for delivery during late 2003 stating health and visa reasons and residing in India until now.
• The baby is born mid 2004.
I love US and firm to get my citizenship by mid 2006 and plan to bring her and the child immediately afterwards. I have been a diligent tax payer for last 8 years…I have 7+ years of experience as a Sr. Software Engineer in US… She has Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and has 4+ years of experience as a Sr. Engineer. Hence, I am planning to sponsor I130 immediately for wife & child and K3 Visa/Green Card (after I get my citizenship) for her and child to enter US.
Would my wife face problem in getting K visa/Green Card (Stating the reason that she misrepresented the marital status while applying for F1 Visa)?
If any problem occurs, could she be granted waiver and K Visa/Green card on the basis of humanitarian grounds based on the following reasons:
• As an US Citizen and need to unite with my wife and child.
• Though she hid the marital status in getting the F1 visa, she did went back to India within six months, which is the intent of getting the non-immigrant F1 visa.
• She maintained her F1 Visa status in good standing during her stay in US.
• My mental, psychological and physical health will be severely affected, if my wife and child are not allowed to enter US.
• Will take an extreme measure of ending my life voluntarily, if my wife and child are not allowed to stay with me in US.

My wife just does not believe in applying for I130 and Green Card and she says that she cannot tell the consulate that she misrepresented (frauded) the information to get her F1 student visa and says she will be black marked by consulate and her reputation / career will be affected… She says she CANNOT apply…
When I say, at the worst case they will only reject the visa and we can apply for the waiver… she says they will record her as a fraud person and could even send it to companies which then will affect her career, reputation etc., I don’t know what to do? I firmly believe what is the problem in giving a try!
Any amount of convincing I do, fells in a deaf ear and have a hard time in our relationship… Please suggest will INS black mark her as a fraud and will it try to affect her career by releasing that information to outside parties…
All these frustrations makes me to think about suicide/sanyasi life/divorce and remarriage etc.,

Please help!!

satlampa said:
she says they will record her as a fraud person and could even send it to companies which then will affect her career, reputation etc.,

Please suggest will INS black mark her as a fraud and will it try to affect her career by releasing that information to outside parties…

Please help!!

Now, that's just silly. INs has nothing to do with the companies and carreers, and reputation, etc. She has nothing to fear in this regard.

They may not even ask her about hiding her marital status on the F-1 application.

You and your wife clearly have some issues and this problem should have been considered BEFORE she lied to obtain an F-1 visa. She should apply for a GC and if necessary apply for an i-601 fraud waiver. My suspicion is that there is more going on here that what you have told us.

You should seek professional help for your mental condition since you clearly have thoughts that need to be addressed immediately.

Seriously dude you need HELP, i mean Professional Help. Immigration is not your issue here, you are crazy and sick!!!

Success Percentage for K Visa / GC Approval

Could you please suggest what is the percentage chance that my wife's K Visa or will be approved

a. Without waiver
b. With I601 waiver

what is the percentage chance that my wife's GC will be approved

a. Without waiver
b. With I601 waiver...

Appreciate your help!!

satlampa said:
Could you please suggest what is the percentage chance that my wife's K Visa or will be approved

a. Without waiver
b. With I601 waiver

what is the percentage chance that my wife's GC will be approved

a. Without waiver
b. With I601 waiver...

Appreciate your help!!

I think her chances are 15.324 per cent in the first case and 64.785 per cent in second. Margin of error is 4.15 per cent. :rolleyes:

Suggest percentage? Man, take a break from work!

I've been participating in various immigration forums for a while now. There are many nice people who share their experiences and try to help each other. What I've also noticed is that generally, they are honest people seeking help to navigate the web of immigration law. People who commit immigration fraud make it more difficult for the rest of us and I think you're wasting your time here. In other words, I think your chances of getting even sympathetic feedback here are about 0.0019 per cent with the margin of error 0.0000325 per cent.