Applying for visa the second time

piscean.

Hi,

My cousin and his mother were denied B2 visa last year (Dec'10). They were planning to come for my graduation ceremony and I had provided them with invitation letter from my university.

Now their family wants to apply for B2 visa, including father and sister. In their family, their mother is a house wife, sister (21) is pursuing MBA (first year) and the brother (24) is working with their father (family business). Please help us with the following questions:

i) Is the risk worth taking?

ii) Can the rejection from last year affect this decision (for 2 of 'em or entire family?)?

iii) Is informing the officer about your relatives settled in US not advisable? They would simply state that the purpose of trip is tourism, which is true also.

Thanks

A1: Re-applying for a visa should not be considered a risk. If you do not apply for a visa, you will never get one!!!
A2: Possibly, but not neccessarily
A3: If the relatives in the US are those asked for in the form DS-160, they must be mentioned. Cousins, uncle and aunts are not on that list when I last checked.

i) Is the risk worth taking?

ii) Can the rejection from last year affect this decision (for 2 of 'em or entire family?)?

iii) Is informing the officer about your relatives settled in US not advisable? They would simply state that the purpose of trip is tourism, which is true also.

if unfortunately you visa rejected one, don't worry you can try once more.but this time keep a good documentation...carry as much documents as possible.don't commit any blunder during interviews and stay calm.