Applying for EAD and AP for my spouse on my own

Cal Dude

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Since my company does not pay for the AP and EAD for my wife, I\'m planning to apply for that on my own. Has anyone done this on their own, is it simple?
From my initial research, the EAD looks pretty simple, but for the AP we have to submit the for 131 along with a letter justifying to INS on why we require the AP. I\'d appreciate if you could provide some input on this (is you have a sample letter or something) and things that I should look out for.

Thanks.

No Title

immihelp.com has a sample letter.
It is a letter which should state why you need AP. Having to go to a marriage, visit a relative , visit parents are all genuine reasons...
Make sure that you write the receipt number, Alien number, name in bold letters on all the documents using a separate colored ink (except for the forms) ...

I looked on immihelp and under sample Documents, but not available

Jaxen,

Thanks for the feedback, but i looked on immihelp and I could not find the letter under sample documentation, could you please send the URL for the sample letter in immihelp, I\'d really appreciate it.
I was looking under...
http://www.immihelp.com/forms/sample.html

No Title

Check with your local INS office if they can do it and what are their requirements. In Philly, all you need is the 485 receipt to get EAD on the same day and AP in a week.