Applying for Citizenship and GreenCard-Renewal

Rattancode

Registered Users (C)
My green-card will expire on March 2014. (10 year anniversary)
I would like to apply for US Citizenship asap. Let us say January 2013. What is the average time taken to get a citizenship? In any case, if it takes more than an year, I may have to renew my green card, by September 2013.
Will this cause complications?

-Rattancode

If you apply for naturalization with more than 6 months remaining on your GC, and then your naturalization is still pending when your GC expires or is about to expire, you will be entitled to free I-551 stamping in your passport. So if you apply before that 6 month mark you won't have to worry about GC renewal.

thank you

If you apply for naturalization with more than 6 months remaining on your GC, and then your naturalization is still pending when your GC expires or is about to expire, you will be entitled to free I-551 stamping in your passport. So if you apply before that 6 month mark you won't have to worry about GC renewal.

thank you Jackolantern,
For the sake of confirmation, I will ask this question around in some other forms as well.

Don't waste your time. This is a straightforward issue. Apply for citizenship and don't worry about GC renewal.

thank you Jackolantern,
For the sake of confirmation, I will ask this question around in some other forms as well.

See the FAQ in the Guide to Naturalization: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Q 24.
If my Permanent Resident Card expires while I am applying for naturalization, do I still need to apply for a new card?
A
If you apply for naturalization 6 months or more before the expiration date on your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Card or “Green Card”), you do not have to apply for a new card. However, you may apply for a renewal card if you wish by using an “Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card” (Form I-90) and paying the appropriate fee.