Apply for citizenship 90 days before 5 year anniversary?

ludhianvi

Registered Users (C)
My GC was approved in March 2008, and so I still have a while before I can apply for citizenship. I am aware that one can apply for citizenship 90 days before 5 year anniversary, which in my case will be in December 2012.

I was living in Michigan when I applied for my I-140/485 and have subsequently moved to California (CA). I did send my address change form within the time frame.

I was recently told by my uncle that since CA has a huge immigrant population, it might be feasible to apply for citizenship earlier than 90 days requirement. I am not sure if this is true or not, I have searched for it, but no luck. So here I come to the experts looking for advice. Being a CA resident, can one apply for citizenship earlier than 90 days or it is same for everyone?

Thanks,

One can't apply for citizenship anytime sooner than 90 days period time frame. It's the same nationwide. When you apply for citizenship, make sure you do the 90 day thing, not 3 month earlier because some months have 31 days and some have 30.

Thanks speakamericano and Bobsmyth.

Will read that guide now, Your replies give me plenty of time now :)

do not apply 90days in advance of 5th anniversary of GC date of "PR since". USCIS have fuuny ways to count days and number of people have been rejected for applying early. As per them they applied exact 90 days in advance. My advise apply 85 days in advance. That one week wouldn't matter much, but you will have peace of mind.

do not apply 90days in advance of 5th anniversary of GC date of "PR since". USCIS have fuuny ways to count days and number of people have been rejected for applying early. As per them they applied exact 90 days in advance. My advise apply 85 days in advance. That one week wouldn't matter much, but you will have peace of mind.

There is a USCIS Early Filing Calculator on USCIS website. Enter the 3 or 5 year anniversary date and it will tell you the earliest date you can file your N-400.(Assuming you met all other requirements)