Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

When you get card how does it look like? my son got it today and it is paper saying that application is approved,

do we get plastic card or anything like that, or that's just it?

When you get card how does it look like? my son got it today and it is paper saying that application is approved,
do we get plastic card or anything like that, or that's just it?

oh, that is just approval letter notice, you can't use it as EAD card.
The EAD card will look like a driver license card (made from plastic the size of credit card).
it will came later, perhaps 1 week later.

but you can already use the letter notice to show to prospective employee that you will soon received the real card.
unfortunately that letter will not work for applying for social security card,
so you got to wait just a bit longer :)

oh I see, I checked USPS tracking and it will arrive tomorrow, It's for my kids

me and my wife probably get cards before 20th

I received for my kids, for me and my wife cards are already made and waiting for USPS to be picked up,

today I went to marketing company for interview and they really hired me, I must provide them with SS # before Next months which is quite possible.

I received for my kids, for me and my wife cards are already made and waiting for USPS to be picked up,

today I went to marketing company for interview and they really hired me, I must provide them with SS # before Next months which is quite possible.

my kids EAD also in the process of waiting for USPS to pick it up...
my guess is, you should get your EAD by early next week, then you will need to go to SS office and then get the SS card in about 1 week later at the latest... so it should be arrive at your home by end of this month :)

my kids EAD also in the process of waiting for USPS to pick it up...
my guess is, you should get your EAD by early next week, then you will need to go to SS office and then get the SS card in about 1 week later at the latest... so it should be arrive at your home by end of this month :)

Hi Bro,

Any news on your asylum interview?

Hello everyone, can plz someone tell me will I be able to check my case status online before I got approved and before I can send EAD application? Sorry for asking this question in this thread, I just see that you are very talkative in here :)

By reading from the previous threads, you will not be able to check your case status online only until your case is finally approved.

Hello everyone, can plz someone tell me will I be able to check my case status online before I got approved and before I can send EAD application? Sorry for asking this question in this thread, I just see that you are very talkative in here :)

Once you get your fingerprint notice you can check online using the ZAR number on the notice.

Thank you. That's what I thought myself, just wanted to make sure I understand it correctly!

No, you cannot check your status online using ZAR after the fingerprint notice. You can only track it after you gave the interview and you are approved and you EAD card is being processed.
If you apply for EAD, after 6 months since the initial receipt date, the EAD receipt number will be different and would be something like WAC1200.....which you can track but not the ZAR.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you cannot check your status online using ZAR after the fingerprint notice. You can only track it after you gave the interview and you are approved and you EAD card is being processed.
If you apply for EAD, after 6 months since the initial receipt date, the EAD receipt number will be different and would be something like WAC1200.....which you can track but not the ZAR.

Thank you. So summing up all the answers, a person who applied for asylum and went through the interview will be able to track his or her status only after his or her EAD is approved, which basically means tracking EAD.

Not really.
You can track your ZAR only if your case is approved and get a EAD card based on approved asylum.

You can track your WAC EAD card all the time which is based on pending asylum.

Dear Friends

Today I checked my EAD case status on the USCIS website and saw that my application was approved. My application was received by the USCIS on 6th of January. So after 24 days it got approved. But nothing about the interview notice. Already 185 days passed since I applied for asylum in Los Angeles but haven't been scheduled for interview yet.

Dear Friends

Today I checked my EAD case status on the USCIS website and saw that my application was approved. My application was received by the USCIS on 6th of January. So after 24 days it got approved. But nothing about the interview notice. Already 185 days passed since I applied for asylum in Los Angeles but haven't been scheduled for interview yet.

you are so lucky because for most of us took more than 2 months to get the approval for EAD , congrats. I applied for the asylum 300 days ago in LA and yet no interview, will pray for everyone to get their case approve as soon as possible

Guys,

As an asylum seeker with asylum case still pending, do I need to pay fee in order to apply for EAD?
USCIS says 'The filing fee for Form I-765 is $380.'

Thank you.

Guys,

As an asylum seeker with asylum case still pending, do I need to pay fee in order to apply for EAD?
USCIS says 'The filing fee for Form I-765 is $380.'

Thank you.

If this is the first time you are applying for EAD based on pending asylum application you don't have to pay that fee. You will have to pay it when you renew your EAD later.