Application approved but not received receipt.

Sam789

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for "V" Visa. As per online status my visa application has been approved in Jun, but still I have not received approval-reciept(with I-94).

After 30 days I have asked them to resend it.

Any advice, what could worst happen?

Please share your experience.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here

I am also waiting for my approval notice...had my interview on 6th July and the USCIS officer said I should get the letter...so far no sign...did u contact anyone in USCIS for info ???

Thanks.

Noodle

Yes

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I did contact USCIS. They took my information and told me to contact after 30 days if I don't receive any letter.

Do you have "V" visa application? b/c I don't think they asked for interview for me. I had applied for "V" visa and EAD. I did receive EAD.

I was referring to AOS interview...

Married to USC ....is V visa different ? Where did u file ?

Noodle

Sam789,
Can you give me a few details about your v-visa approval . I am also waiting for my v-visa approval , but I was asked to go for fingerprinting 4 times . When did you apply ? Please reply and we can probably start a thread on v-visas . Do you have to go out of the country and get a visa stamped ?

I applied for V visa in Dec-2003. I believe I got call for fingerprint in Jan-2004. My application got approved in Jun-2004 then the process got stuck. I have not received approval notice since 40 days. The online status says it is approved.

I applied for change of status while staying in US.

Well, atleast your application was approved . Congratulations !!!!
I applied for a change of status in Jun 2003 and still did not get approval .

Here's my 2 cents on your approval >>>
I think NSC takes a long time to respond to our inquiries and send out notices or replies . I get a letter from them after about 2 months after I call . So I think you can relax and wait for the approval .

After approval it took only two days to deliver EAD card from NSC.
I don't understand why I-539 approval notice is not coming?

To: GCWaitforever,

Oh you said Jun-2003! If you follow NSC waiting time it is 12/22/2004. Wish you best luck!

May I know on which phone number you called?

Thanks

Its look like USPS did not deliver my approval letter b/c someone with same last of mine requested "forward notice" to his new address and USPS forwarded my approval letter. I don't think I will get the approval notice.

Any suggestions, what should I do now.

I don't have an answer but I do have some suggestions ...

1)Call INS help line and ask them for a copy/Duplicate .
2)Write a letter to the address where the notice was sent to . You could request the USPS to give you the address or maybe have them write a letter on your behalf .

Again, I am not sure if either of these suggestions would work . Did you try contacting an attorney ?
If nothing works , I suggest you also consult with Rajiv and he might be able to help . It will cost you about $350 but it will be worth it .

Sam789

Same thing happened to me. My "V" visa was approved (on line) but I didn't receive it by mail. I did receive the EAD.

I sent two letters to the USCIS. One letter sayd "we mailed it to you. Check with your local mail office". The second one sayd that it was mailed to me. If I wanted a copy I should fill the form I-824. I filled the I-824 paid the fee but you won't believe it. Never got it.

Weird, isn't it. Did you finally receive you "V" Visa?

apartment number and street number

Not yet, I will file 824. It looks like they got confuse between apartment number and street number. If you see any document. They have weird way to put those numbers in the print out.

Can anyone from the forum, provide feedback with apartment number and street number issue?

Thanks,
Sam

SAM789,

Thank you for your prompt response. As I said above, I filled the I-824 but again, I never received a copy of the I-539 aproval. Just in case, I have copies of all of the USCIS responses/letter stating that my application was aproved and mailed to me.

I did get my EAD. I found in this forum yesterday that if your I-539 is approved, it means you are in V status. It's different from getting a "V visa" stamped in your passport when you request it abroad.

And my understanding is that V status allows you to be here legally and work untill you can file for adjusment of status (I-485).