AP request for evidence

jlsbr

Registered Users (C)
Gentleman,

Things are getting pretty ugly. I just check the status of my wife's
AP and they said that they sent in a RFE yesterday. Also a friend of mine received a RFE on the advanced parole for his son.
Now the question is: After six months they say they need more info or evidence just for an AP that was filled in the proper maner because this is her second one we know the application was correct and there was nothing missing. Imagine the GC that is sitting in there for 27 months know.
My friend's problem is that they lost the photograps and they asked him to resubmit all the process again.
Lets see what is wrong with my wife's.
Any comments are welcome.

Regards,

JLSBR

I am in exactly the same position - I think it is just a competence issue. I will post RFE details when I get them.

Jlsbr

Guys my wife situation is the same I have had 2 RFE and I responded both and her AP has been pending since December 02. First RFE was about her I-485 receipt and second was about I-140 since I am the primary applicant so I had to send mine. Back in March I found out that our files got separated and whoever worked on mine approved me but RFE my wife.

Please let me know about your RFE??

I sent them few letters but no response

I-485
ND 5/01

My experience with AP

I applied for my 2nd AP on Sept 11th 2002. They sent an RFE in November saying they need a copy of 140, 485 and photos. (Thank god, not fees again). I sent them and they never acknowledged that. I called again in February, 03 about it. IIO asked me to resend those documents again. After doing that they approved within a week. For the AP I applied in Sept 02, I got an approval in March 03.

My experience.

As per my Attorney... a general RFE for AP or EAD is I-140 copy and a clear photo ID PhotoID. I dont know about I-485 reciept notice. If they ask for one then may be they are thinking of approving some... :D :D ... Just a HOPE... All the best.

file again

what about filing AP again.
I did some thing like that last year, when they lost papers of my wife's application.

after this two APs came one after the other.

EVEN God does not know their work ethics and methods.

I think you should claim expedite 485 processing..

Since it is an "Service Error" to loose the Photographs. What all you need is to write strongly worded letter support your request.

You can always point out that 485 is bottom line application and it needs to be decided on..

Let me know what you all think...

American Desi

Re: I think you should claim expedite 485 processing..

Originally posted by american_desi
Let me know what you all think..
Well, here is my obiter. In my interactions with people, one thing I have found is this: If you dare tell somebody how they should be doing their job, they get testy. They may be the most insipid creatures, but yet, when you tell them that they are wrong or they should be doing something different, it seldom works because it causes great amount of friction. Think about it! They want to cause us more pain. So, those schadenfreudes are deriving sadistic pleasures by issuing RFE even for a second time, third time AP (at least I-485 makes sense...AP??? come on give me a break) applicant. The point is, even they know what is rationality and irrationality and settle for the latter, because they think it is rational for them by being irrational to us. Now, do you want to feed fuel to the flames by pointing it out in a direct fashion as you have suggested?

In my mother tongue, they used to say:"If you don the role of a dog, you have to bark!" Likewise, like it or not, we have submitted our applications and cannot dictate terms to the adjudicating agency. Out of human passions, I will second your notion, but out of sheer pragmatism I will reject the same, because it will not comport well with the powers that be -- in this case the perpetually bungling and bollixing agency called BCIS or INS.

Patience is the only pragmatic approach all of us can take. Of course,even the inchoate demands of maverick folks to spearhead a class-action suit campaign against the BCIS falls as a dud because of an inquorate response from folks of this forum. Reason again varies widely. Those who do not want to support that campaign have their own reasons and even those who spearhead such campaigns know that they will not stand until the last. There was one inspired folk of this forum called TRU, who was like a Messiah or a David against a Goliathan BCIS. But, the sad truth is TRU is nowhere to be found, since then. He did all the groundwork, but disappeared all of a sudden. We do not even know if he got his approved, before falling as a dud.

poongunranar

You are right, we have not heard fro TRU in a long time. I do not think he was approved because they way he participate in this Forum he would tell us about his approval for sure. I think that he gave up and let the case to rest because off all the stress this is causing to us.
Many times I also think about do not come to the forum anymore because we see very few approvals and a lot of problems that let us to think how fragil our situation is and how impotent we are to get out of this rolercoaster in a successful maner. I have lost many nights of sleep surfing this forum and another sites searching for a way or for hope that our cases and suffering will have a solution soon. However instead of hope each time I find more barriers and examples how BCIS is kidding with everybody lives. Sometimes I even think that this whole thing is a plot to make us to desist and go back to our home countries.
I have wife and three kids been the oldest 9 years and to go back now would be a big trouble for us. However this week I caught myself surfing my country sites looking for house prices and jobs. Can you believe it?
May be TRU could not take it anymore and decided to forget about it for while. For sure days pass faster when I do not think about the processing and do not count the days like I am doing now.
Sorry for bring all this anger and disappointment to the forum, but that is what I am felling right know.

Regards,

JLSBR

Same here, jlsbr

jlsbr:

You were pretty candid about your situation. I cannot talk about others, but sure, am in the very same situation as yours. And when I saw another posting by longgc asking what his status is, I freaked out. Situation is getting worser day by day, that we are even unsure about what status we are in, when they either don't send RFEs correctly (as in arcdocs case) or do reject the 485 without a NOID (as in longGC case). I am very convinced that they want us to understand that this is how they will be and make our own arrangements in our parent countries. Until then we all should just be hanging in there with hopes.

Called my lawyer today and they have the RFE for my wife - the gist of it was "on what basis is the applicant entitled to an AP"

(like they could not look up her A- number)

so they have sent in copy of my I140 and marriage cert

also my kids got RFE's too but they have not arrived at the lawyers yet guess that will be bcert and my I140

both these are renewals

AP RD for wife 3.24.03

This country does not deserve us !!

They seem to have lost my wife's first AP too. Then approved the 2nd one. Now the 2nd one is expiring and she needs the 3rd one... God knows if BCIS gonna approve it or just simply lose it!

Gentleman,

I did not received the RFE yet but I noticed that lot of folks have the same problem with the AP and all them appaer to be filed in March this year. I wonder what is the BCIS plot now? Why this sudden RFE rain on many AP files. I am not aware we had this in the past.
Something just does not smells right...

Regards,

JLSBR

jlsbr

Last December 2002, when AP took 55 days, BCIS issued a RFE for my wife. IT was her first AP. They asked I-140 details. Once they got it, they approved hers.

I imagine the guy who approves AP's was out sick and they need to action some cases to keep below the 180 days so they just RFE'd the rest - puts off the problem.... well for them anyway

To all

My wife AP case has been pending since Dec 02 and after filling out 2 inquiries with NCSC I got letter today that they have assigned an officer to her case.

Does anyone know how long will it take now??.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I got AP for only 4 months

Mine was similarly pending since Oct of last year. I too called NCSC and they sent a similar letter and then approved it promptly in 2 weeks and even sent it by FedEx overnight (ever heard of that?). HOWEVER, THEY PRE-DATED IT TO JAN 2003 WITH THE RESULT THAT IT EXPIRES IN DEC 2003. So it was vailid for a miserable 4 months only. All I could do, instead of complaining was apply for another AP immediately and now wait another 6 months to receive it. WHAT A LOVELY CYCLE !! God Bless INS, I mean BCIS, I mean USCIS, I mean CIS. I don't what I mean? Does anybody?

2001 Case let us know how long your AP is valid when you get it?

we got APs today

Hi guys,

We just picked up our yesterday's mail and at last we got our APs and are valid till 9/5/2004 for myself, wife and daughter. I applied in march of 03 for our 2nd EADs and APs. EAD got approved in july03 after a RFE for I 140 Approval which was approved in feb of 02 and I am still working for same employer. Can't give any sensible explaination to INS/BCIS/USCIS's actions. Just learned to hang in there thanks to this great forum.