AP renewal - RFE Need help!

bm_2003

Folks,

I'm a new user to this forum and need some help with the AP RFE I received yesterday on my daughter's AP application.

I applied EAD & AP renewal for me and my wife and AP renewal for my daughter on Jan 15th 2003, and i got receipt notice for both of us and a RFE on my daughter's(minor) application .

RFE states as below
"Service records indicate you already have been issued an i-512 travel document which is valid until june 10 2003. Based on your early filing, the service hereby requests that you advise us whether you're requesting a renewal of your current i-512 or if you're seeking a replacement of the previous I-512"

My question is why INS has this doubt when i've marked clearly in the application as renewal, also what kind of documents we need to attach in this kind of scenario along with a letter stating the purpose of the application.

Experts please advice.

Thanks,
BM:confused:

Just a letter. Seems innocous request, I dont see any grandiose plan against you or your daughter...

In the letter just mentioned that your are requesting for renewal.
And, it's also good to mention that as you had realized from various immigration sites and discussing with attorney that nowdays INS processing time longer than expected, that's why you applied early.