AP renewal question - teravelling to India

Maverick007

Registered Users (C)
I am travelling to India in 3 weeks. I have few questions. Please help with information.

- My wife's AP expires on May 22, 04. We have filed for EAD/AP renewal 4 weeks back.

- I understand that my wife can re-enter US without any problem.

Question:
What happens to the AP renewal, if it is approved when we are in India. Is it ok? or do we need to worry about that?

regards

Originally posted by Maverick007
- My wife's AP expires on May 22, 04. We have filed for EAD/AP renewal 4 weeks back.
- I understand that my wife can re-enter US without any problem.

Your wife can re-enter the US without any problem any time before May 22nd. Atfer that things get dicey unless she has a valid H visa and is eligible to re-enter based on that status.

immigration-law.com has a recent news entry that indicates that BCBP is under no obligation to admit someone to the US if AP was approved after their departure. Your mileage may vary, but there are no guarantees here.

Thanks a lot for your reply. We will return under ALL circumstances before the AP expires.

I am concerned about the AP renewal. We filed for AP renewal 4 weeks ago. If this AP gets approved while we are in India, is it OK?

2) Our EAD would have been expired while we re-enter. Does this impact the re-entry?

Thanks again in anticipation.

Originally posted by Maverick007
I am concerned about the AP renewal. We filed for AP renewal 4 weeks ago. If this AP gets approved while we are in India, is it OK?

Maybe. Probably - if you use it after you re-enter the US.

2) Our EAD would have been expired while we re-enter. Does this impact the re-entry?

Maybe. Planning to work when you re-enter?