AP renewal pending and travel outside country

nk2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have a valid Advance Parole document until late Sept. I am about to send the renewal. Now can I go out of the country using my current valid AP - will be coming back before its expiry. My thinking is since the current AP is valid until late Sept, I can use it whenever coming back into country, the renewal is for any future travels.

Wanted to make sure that my understanding is correct. Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Hi,
I have a valid Advance Parole document until late Sept. I am about to send the renewal. Now can I go out of the country using my current valid AP - will be coming back before its expiry. My thinking is since the current AP is valid until late Sept, I can use it whenever coming back into country, the renewal is for any future travels.

Wanted to make sure that my understanding is correct. Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Yes you can use it and come back before its expiration (regardless the status of your renewal).

Yes you can use it and come back before its expiration (regardless the status of your renewal).

I don't think so, according to the current rule (or as my lawyer informed) you cannot leave the country while your AP application is in progress.