• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AP PROCESSING - DV 2020

Hi Alain
I live in Abu Dhabi and in future my interview will be in Abu Dhabi , for my case i dont have a sponsor is it enough to show my savings and proof of funds during my stay in US .
Thanks
Hey,
It absolutely is okay not having a sponsor. Now for the exact amount i am unaware of but if you are alone, 10,000USD should be more than enough IMO. I showed about 4000USD and an I134 from my sponsor.
Also make sure to let them know on the interview date that you will be getting an Air Bnb or Hotel when you land.
All the best.
Alain

Hey,
It absolutely is okay not having a sponsor. Now for the exact amount i am unaware of but if you are alone, 10,000USD should be more than enough IMO. I showed about 4000USD and an I134 from my sponsor.
Also make sure to let them know on the interview date that you will be getting an Air Bnb or Hotel when you land.
All the best.
Alain

I hope no one follows this as legitimate advice. It would be idiotic to risk a case this late in the year by not preparing well for the interview. That means getting a valid I134. You were ok because you had an I134, not because of the 4k.

I hope no one follows this as legitimate advice. It would be idiotic to risk a case this late in the year by not preparing well for the interview. That means getting a valid I134. You were ok because you had an I134, not because of the 4k.
Hello Simon
Me and my wife got selected , we don't have sponsor so we cant fill I-134 , But we can show very good saving money ,
Please advise .
Thanks

Hi, I also have my interview in Abu Dhabi, but I don't have sponsor. My only friend in USA cannot help me due to personal issues (she is not earning enough money). My husband and I are Engineer with a Masters and long record of employment. We also have savings. do you think I still require sponsor?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, I also have my interview in Abu Dhabi, but I don't have sponsor. My only friend in USA cannot help me due to personal issues (she is not earning enough money). My husband and I are Engineer with a Masters and long record of employment. We also have savings. do you think I still require sponsor?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
To be honest , no one can give you right answer , i saw some cases here in UAE & Saudi embassy they didnt ask for sponsor but they show some good savings , and same embassy asked for sponsor for other people , it depend on your case officer.

To be honest , no one can give you right answer , i saw some cases here in UAE & Saudi embassy they didnt ask for sponsor but they show some good savings , and same embassy asked for sponsor for other people , it depend on your case officer.
It depends on your CO AND your personal circumstances. Probably more the latter. But thank you for confirming that not everyone is asked for a sponsor.
@77Carol I would think qualified engineers with decent work history and savings should be good.

Thank to @SusieQQQ and @husain for your advice. However, I will try to get an sponsor (I hope I can find one) just to make sure I get the visa on the interview date.. for us 2020 winners we don't have much time to go.. Imagine an interview at the end of September and they say that you are in AP! I could die!

Thanks again :)