AP got approved, but not yet received. I need to go out of country.

rcreddi1234

Registered Users (C)
My AP got approved on 10 Feb 2004. I didnt received it yet.
I need to go out of country immediately.
1) Is there any problem while going without that document.
2) When are they going to check the status while going or coming back?
3) Is it going to be a problem while coming back with new AP documents??

Thanks,

My AP got approved on 10 Feb 2004. I didn’t received it yet.

----- If lawyer filed AP it will come to lawyer, if it was filed directly by you then it will come to your home address
I need to go out of country immediately.
1) Is there any problem while going without that document?
----- When you are departing your AP is approved from BCIS online status and take the printout of BCIS online that says APPROVED on ABC date and keep that print out with you as evidence that your AP WAS approved BEFORE departure from US and request your lawyer to send the AP to you by FedEx on correct address so that you can receive before you come back. If I am in your situation I will not leave US before I get AP in my hand because it can be lost in mail in US or if lawyer receives then again it can get lost and one need to take precautions, and I have seen many times in past that BCIS online status shows wrong info also and you cant sue the BCIS for wrong info. Do you remember 3-4 months back BCIS online status check was showing that I-485 will be approved in 30 days? And then it was discovered that it was computer glitch
2) When are they going to check the status while going or coming back?

------ When coming back or you appear at POE
3) Is it going to be a problem while coming back with new AP documents??

---- If you receive the AP then no problem show the AP. just keep your I-485 filing receipt with you and show I-485 filing receipt if asked

I am in the same situation. I have to travel overseas for business, my current (2nd) AP is valid until august. I will apply for renewal soon - so once my 3rd AP is pending, if I go overseas for a week and come back on my 2nd AP, will my 3rd AP be cancelled? Can I not travel at all while my 3rd AP is pending? I don't have H1B..