AP approved but approval lost in mail

goodsaint

Registered Users (C)
This happened with my friend's wife case.

Its been over 5 weeks since the approval. There was no address change or anything. Either INS mailing office screwed up or it is lost in mail.

Is there anyway to get it again from INS ?

Watch the AVM

It should say if the document was returned to INS. If travel is imminent it is better to apply for a new AP.
Does the automated system says something was mailed on such and such date??

It happenned to me, I received the AP approval for myself and my wife, But didn't received for my daughter even after 2 month.

So I went to our local office and there they cross checked the address on which was supposed to be delievered which was correct.

As per the INS officer, It is assumed that you have received the approval if they haven't received it back.

So I had to apply in fresh for my daugther at the local office because it was emergency travel.

Sayed

Hi, how long did you wait for new AP,?

Hi, how long did you wait for new AP,? I have similar sytuation,
I got AP and my wife, but two kids didn't, and my wife have to leave with kids for a while in two weeks. We have though valid H1
and H4 visas till the end of November, is it save to leave without AP ?
thanks

Lets all send an email/mail to this news paper action line. I read this regularly and they seem to resolve lots of issues (they talk to INS personally ). Don't forget to give your receipt number and address.

Mail: Action Line, San Jose Mercury News, 750 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, Calif. 95190

E-mail: actionline@sjmercury.com

maybe they never sent out.

My case was approved on 2nd Aug and till now i have not receivd the AP yet. It canot be a mail problem. I have told my laywer to inquiry about my case. lets see what happens

Its already 11 months

Oh, I been waiting from long long time to get my AP.
Me and my wife got AP approved on Sept 17th 2001.
My wife got it and I didn't.
Even if I call now, automated message still says it has been approved on Sept'17 2001.
I already sent two notices to INS regarding the status. Nope, Nothing,Not even now .

Anyhow AP valids only for one year. So I applied a new one in Jun 2002 and also my wife. Still waiting to get my AP and EAD.

I can't leave the country untill I get my AP, Since I am working on my EAD.

Ravi.

rvonguru:

You are a perfect candidate for the emergency AP that the nearest district office can give...

my kids' AP were lost in mail, its already 3 month and we didn't get it. I applied again for them but I don't understand why I have to pay again for something I didn't get? This country is going down...

My kids travel for now on H4 without AP, but visa expires in November.

How do you know it was lost in mail ?
My belief is that it was never sent from INS at the first place. How come USPS is losing only APs and not anything else. Why do we always lose mails coming from INS, but never lose any bill or similar.....

On top of that, no matter how you try, they never send it again.

This is shameful for INS commissioner and other higher ups.

Yes, you're right. How can I know that AP lost in mail,
they probably didn't send it at all. The worse is that we cannot do anything about it.

I wander if somebody already used AP when traveled, any problems, additional checkings? I hope that the length of travel doesn't matters, because my son and wife want to be gone for 10 months.
thanks

I am in the same boat too...

My wife's AP has been approved in June but we never received it. As per local INS it has been mailed in June and to the correct address.
But, I received my AP without any problem.
-Ramesh