AP Approval Tracker

m2002,
are you still keeping track of approved APs in your spreadsheet. please post the updated sheet.

Thanks.

Sinjeti,
what was the approval message you saw on INS website.

Mien is approved as of 4/23/04 but i checked it today only.

"On April 23, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

I guess this means it is approved but this message is very different for the message i saw in 129/EAD applications etc.

M2002 Please udate your spreadsheet to indicate my approval dates 4/23/04.

Not Received AP Yet

The online status said that the AP (3rd) for my wife and I has been approved on 04/20/04 but we still have NOT received it yet .
Does anyone in this forum wait more than 10 days to get the AP?

Thanks.

RFE for my AP

RD April 9, 2004
ND April 9, 2004
RFE April 23, 2004 (received RFE letter April 29)

RFE is for photo ID. sent copy of passport April 30. contacted Senator's office to help expedite AP because of family emergency. seems to work because of RFE generated. flight on May 19. hope to get the AP soon!

how to contact senator

Hi talongganisa,

I applied for my AP in Dec (Dec 19,2003, VSC). Haven't received it yet. Need to travel. My whole family is leaving except me this Friday. Can you please tell me how you cotacted the senator and whom you have to speak to and what to tell them. Help highly appreciated.

Thanks
Krishnaa

Hi krishnaa:

I guess you do not need AP if your family has H4 visa. If you do not have H4 visa then you certanly need AP. If your dependents leave USA with out valid H4 or Ap then they will be denied entry into USA on their return.

go to
www.aila.org
and type your zip code andyou will be able to get the contact information your local congressman.senetor.

hope this helps. good luck

cheers
M2002

hi Krishnaa,

im in Colorado. made a letter (and brought it to) to Senator Allard asking help to expedite AP. i attached copy of my father's medical certificate signed by his doctor. his staff was very accommodating, and seemed to have contacted INS right away. INS sent RFE day after the Senator's staff contacted them. Senator/Congress office have obligation to help their constituents about problems with federal offices. they can invoke a "congressional inquiry".

you can also fax an expedite request to your Service Center and put "EXPEDITE REQUEST" on your cover letter.

hope this helps.

AP received

Applied for renewal of AP on Feb 24, 2004, and just received it today on 5/3. The website sent me an e-mail on 04/30 to notify me of a change (the new feature seems to be working), and I went and saw my record was updated on 04/29.
On the actual AP I got today 5/3, I saw the approval date was actually 04/26, so it just took a week to get it by mail from Nebraska to Pennsylvania.

Hope this info helps, and good luck to all !

Some problem with Dec 19,03 cases?

Hi

Thanks to m2002 and talongganisa,

Unfortunately, I cannot travel on H4 because my I485 is pending. But today morning I randomly checked a number of applications in the BCIS website in and around my application (+/- 4000 added to the last 4 numbers of my receipt number) and I found out to my dismay that a number of applications pertaining to dec 19th (which is my date too) have not been approved. This is understandable for AP because the processing date at VSC for AP is still Dec 10,03. Surprisingly, I found ALL the of the unapproved EAD cases showed a notice date of Dec 19th and I mean ALL. I cannot speak for cases that have been approved as these dont show the receipt dates.

This is very shocking because the EAD processing date at VSC is Jan 20th and almost all the people I have read about in the forums have got their EAD's applied for in December.

Has the VSC lost or forgotten a whole bunch of cases applied for on the Dec 19th. I hope not. If there is anybody else who has applied for EAD or AP on this date at VSC, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Krishnaa

Hi krishnaa:

You can travel on H4/H1 even if you have your I485 pending. The AP application form very clearly states that you do not need AP if you have a valid H1/H4. Hope this helps. If you need clarifications please post also ask your lawyer about this.

Regards
M2002

H4 expired

m2002,

Unfortunately, I am not on H4 either. My H4 expired in 2002. My husband has already got his GC, so he can travel. I cant, cause my H4 status has become invalid with his getting the GC.

Thanks anyway for helping.
Krishnaa

how many days to receive AP after approval

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me how many days it takes to actually receive the AP by mail once it has been approved from VSC. I live in Jersey. ALso, my lawyer tells me that is is not advisable to travel till you have actually received it in hand. How true is this. DO they ask for the AP while leaving the country? Otherwise, I was thinking I could ask her to mail it to me later once she receives it as the immigration officers ask for the parole only on arrival back into the States. Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Krishnaa

leaving the country without approved AP is tantamount to abandoning the 485 as a spouse of my co-worker recently found out.

also, mailing the AP outside the country is illegal i think. so please do some re-search before you leave the country.

prashant.

AP approved and received

Finally guys. Received my AP by mail today. Was approved on the 30th.
RD - 12/16/03
ND - 12/19/03
AD - 04/30/04

2nd AP RD 03/12/2004
2nd AP RD 03/16/2004
2nd AP Approved 05/07/2004

Still waiting for Spouse's AP approval (with same RD/ND).