AP and H1

sdrblr

Registered Users (C)
Can one of you confirm that this legal to do and will not have problems entering on AP.

Current Status: H1/H4 (expiring early 2009)
EAD: expiring in 4 months
AP: Did not apply last year.

Can I apply AP in next few weeks and travel say year end and enter back on H1 still having an AP in hand without using it.

Would it be a problem next year when I travel and enter on an AP. (I know I can apply for AP later but wanted to apply for both now since company is paying for it and I don’t want to ask them to pay for USCIS fee every few months.)

Any information is well appreciated.

Can I apply AP in next few weeks and travel say year end and enter back on H1 still having an AP in hand without using it.
Yes.
Would it be a problem next year when I travel and enter on an AP. (I know I can apply for AP later but wanted to apply for both now since company is paying for it and I don’t want to ask them to pay for USCIS fee every few months.)
No.

keep this in mind..if you use AP next year, then you might lose your H1 and you might have to work on EAD

keep this in mind..if you use AP next year, then you might lose your H1 and you might have to work on EAD

This is completely untrue. If you use AP or H visa stamp for reentry you stay H as you are and you have the option to use EAD or not if you want.

*If you have unexpired H stamp in passport, just use it and do not bother to apply for AP whoever will pay for it
*If your H stamp already expired or going to be expired while you are overseas, apply for AP especially if someone is going to pay for it, and do not waste time, money, possibility for delay or denial from the ebmassy overseas to get H stamp
*Do not do, as many, to have H stamp, AP,.......to secure your re-entry. This will not help if they want not let you in.