• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS rejected! What to do???

Katsia

Hi! I need your help!
My number is EU 218**, it is not current yet.
I filed application for AOS on Oct. 6th, 2004. Did fingerprints on Nov. 29th. On March 28th my husband and me went to our local USCIS office to find out about the status of our FBI name check. They told us that my husband had been cleared by the FBI, and I had been probably cleared as well. They told they were working on our case. We thanked them and left home.
Several days later we received rejection letter from our local office stating that our applications are rejected, because "your numbers were not available, when you filed, and they are not available as of the date of this letter". The date of the letter was March 28th -- the date we went to talk to them!
We were shocked, because we specifically asked local immigration lawyers when should we file for AOS, and they advised us to file as early as possible, on October 1. What to do now? Our numbers are not current for June, we hope they will become current in July. But if we repply again, we won't be in time to complete everything. Scheduling fingerprints took us 2 months, and FBI name check took 6 months! And now we have to repeat everything!!!?
Could we switch to CP processing at this point in time? What to do??? Please, help!

Stupied lawyer !

You can not file AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE !!!!
You had to file at the time of current number. The good thing though that you passed FBI. You might have time still. File AOS second time, and this time they should not ask for your fingerprints.
And it will take them a month to call for an interview.

Actually, my first AOS was rejected before I filed before Oct 1st (because I have no lawyers to advise me) and I had to refile - I was asked to do fingerprints again!!!!