• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS problems

Redderivative

Registered Users (C)
I recently was inform i won the Dv lottery. I am a student on an F-1.I have inquired with USCIS and also other private services on how to do an AOS. I was out of status before on my F-1 and i was reinstated recently in February. I called the USCIS and they told me that as long as i am in status there should not be any problem to doing an AOS. But the private services(imigration services/lawyers) has inform me if i was out of status before i could not do an AOS and would have to do it by CP. Who is right and who is worng. Each of them are telling me other party does not know what they are talking about. If i am to return to my home country to do the interview i would have to renew my visa and go home as it has expired. my number is very very low in the As000001XX. Please help me need information soon. If i am to return home then i got alot to do as i need to miss a semester of classes.

Are you DV2005 or DV2006 winner? If you are DV2006, with a low number you will be done pretty fast either CP or AOS. But if you are DV2005, why did you wait for so long?
About your status, there has been lot of discussion about that and my understanding is that if you are in status when you submit your AOS paperwork, you shouldn't have any problems. LucyMo, your comment on this?

if you are in status at the time of AOS submission, you shouldn't have any problems related to being "out of status". Any other problems - who knows....

In your case, you can go with either option.