AOS Interview Timeline

YVILLANUA said:
Do you guys get the interview notice in the mail or do you get an email notification? and....does the interview notice tell you what information to take to the interview? thanks for your replies!!!

Eugene176 here,

I didn't get any email notification regarding interview. I only received a notice indicating schedule, location and what documents to bring. Hope this helps.

runaway73 said:
Here is my timeline. I have been a silent reader but thought I might share this with you

March 1, 2006
I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765 all to Chicago Lockbox
Receipt Date is March 6
Checks Cashed March 10
Finger Printing Notice Received March 17
Finger Printing taken on April 6 (Code 2 and 3)
Interview Notification May 3 to be on June 20.
EAD and AP arrived June 1.

Runaway73,

Did you receive a separate EAD notice and a card and how far apart did you get them in the mail? Just curious....I'm also assuming that you received your alien petition approval prior to interview. Anybody here who received their AP (1-130) notice of approval prior to interview?

Thanks...just wanted to make sure that everything is going smoothly with my timeline.

Are there any Cherry Hill, NJ applicants? So far on the list I've only seen Newark, NJ.

Compared to others, mine seems to be taking longer than average! (see signature for timeline) NYC seems to be the only one with a longer wait?

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package mailed today 06/07/06.
DO San Diego (trying out a new pilot program)

It will be interesting and informative to see how my case turns out. I am a USC, my husband is Australian and we have a daughter together. My husband had a DUI in 1995 and a Wet/Reckless in 1999. He no longer drinks alcohol (at all), thank goodness.

But please wish us luck...we ended up getting a lawyer after all because of the 2 arrests and a couple other things we needed an experts advice on...

I will keep udpating my timeline...

eugene176 said:
Runaway73,

Did you receive a separate EAD notice and a card and how far apart did you get them in the mail? Just curious....I'm also assuming that you received your alien petition approval prior to interview. Anybody here who received their AP (1-130) notice of approval prior to interview?

Thanks...just wanted to make sure that everything is going smoothly with my timeline.

I have received the approval letter today for the EAD. So between the EAD card and the approval notice of hte EAD, I'd say about a week.

What is an "alien petition approval" mean. I am not sure I understand your question

eugene176 said:
Anybody here who received their AP (1-130) notice of approval prior to interview?

Hi Eugene,
I received AP approval 3 months after sending package in, which was before I received notice for FP! (I still haven't heard for EAD or interview, just passed 6 month mark)

runaway73 said:
I have received the approval letter today for the EAD. So between the EAD card and the approval notice of hte EAD, I'd say about a week.

What is an "alien petition approval" mean. I am not sure I understand your question

Alien Petition is I-130 approval. Thanks for the info about EAD.

I just received my interview notice. We are scheduled for July 26th. I hope we get it shortly thereafter coz we are planning a trip back home in November. I would love not to have to file the travel document. Wooo hoooo.

I love Friday!!!!!

eugene176 said:
Alien Petition is I-130 approval. Thanks for the info about EAD.

My understanding is if you file the I-130 concurrently with the I-485, then you obtain the approval when you do the interview. I am not aware that there is a seperate approval notice for the I-130 unless filed seperately from the I-485.

Anyone filed the I-130 concurrently with the I-485 and received a seperate approval for the I-130?

Just wondering

Just Wondering that I am sponserd by LPR and my PD is NOV 13 2001 and as of now it is retrogress to april 10 2001 and now I have recived interview date on july 31 is it posible to get interview and also get GC when it is retrogressed please help me to understand this.

EAD Renewal

Hi All,

I have filed for my ead renewal (May 25th, 2006) and received NOA (June 1st, 2006) from USCIS.

NOA indicates that they will schedule the biometrics appt and notify me with exact date, time and place for biometric/fingerprinting appt.

For my first EAD, I scheduled the appt by myself.

Does anybody have any experience with this ? Can I schedule the appt by myself again ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My timeline

Here is my timeline. Thanks You everyone for all your help in getting facts stratight before sending the package to Chicago lockbox.

March 28: I-130, I-485, I-864 all to Chicago Lockbox

Receipt Date is May 31
Notice Date: June 7
Checks Cashed June 8

Same dates for both I-130 and I-485. Lets see how long is it gonna take.
Thanks everyone again.

Is there an LUD on the USCIS website when the interview gets scheduled or you just get the letter in the mail with no LUD date online?

LUD on the USCIS website or whatever you see on the USCIS website a lot of times has nothing to do with the reality. Like in my case, it said my interview was cancelled 2 weeks before the interview. I never got a letter about it, so I went for the interview, it went smoothly and they never knew about it. The worst part is if you call the 800 number, they will just repeat to you what you can see online on their website already and nothing more.

I Had my interview today, in the DO of Atlanta, GA at 10:00. I was really stressed. The officer who called us was a nice young lady in her mid 30's. We took the Oath to tell the truth, she asked for IDS for both, marriage ceriticate, previous divorce certificate, she asked where my husban worked, she verified our address and phone number. She asked us if we had kids in our marriage, we said no...and then she asked if we had kids from previous marriage. My husband said yes and showed the officer a picture of his son with us the day of our wedding, hes 6. She asked if he lived with us and we said no, he lives with his mom. And then she joked that they (my husband and son) looked so alike. She also looked really fast at some pictures we had of our wedding asked us for one where we appeared with the preist and went to get some copies.

When she came back she finally asked for most recent taxes for my husband and jpint sponsor. We had a bit of a problem with the taxes because we didnt have the most resent tax return/w2 for my joint sponsor or my husband for 2005.
She insisted we needed those documents but thank God the officer was really nice. She gave us a fax number and asked us to have someone fax that information to her directly. We went outside for like 40 minutes, and as soon as she had the fax in her hand she let us back in her office.

After going back in her office we imagined we would continue with the interview and the officer would ask us for more supporting docs. Its weird because she didnt ask for anything else. We had prepared for the interview countless utility bills, lease, contracts, bank statemets, 2 full albums, and letter from friends, copys of I-94, my husband birth certificate or mine....etc.. But she didnt seem interested in that. She stamped my passport and told me that i would receive my green card in the mail in less than a month. She also said that i could go to the SSA with my stamped passport to apply for my ss number (I had explained to her that i had gone before to the SSA with my work permit and its been a month and still no social in the mail). When the interview finalized i finally started breathing. It was so releaving and to say that we spend more time in the waiting room than the actual interview.
The only thing im not sure is if i got conditional residence or permanente. I ve been married for less than a year. I forgot to ask and the stamp on my passport only says: Processed for I-551 temporrary evidence of lawful admission as a permanent residence.

Oh they also took away from me my work permit, she said that i wouldnt be needing it to work anymore and that with the stamp on my passport i can already travel!! yeah. No more worrying for know. My ND was 02/13/06....and my residence approval was 06/15/06!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky

gaby_flaks said:
I Had my interview today, in the DO of Atlanta, GA at 10:00. I was really stressed. The officer who called us was a nice young lady in her mid 30's. We took the Oath to tell the truth, she asked for IDS, marriage ceriticate, previous divorce certificate, she asked where my husban worked, she verified our address and phone number. And finally she asked for most recent taxes for my husband and jpint sponsor. We had a bit of a problem with the taxes because we didnt have the most resent tax return/w2 for my joint sponsor or my husband for 2005.
She insisted we needed those documents but thank God the officer was really nice. She gave us a fax number and asked us to have someone fax that information to her directly. We went outside for like 40 minutes, and as soon as she had the fax in her hand she let us back in her office.

After going back in her office we imagined we would continue with the interview and the officer would ask us for more supporting docs. Its weird because she didnt ask for anything else. We had prepared for the interview countless utility bills, lease, contracts, bank statemets, full album, and letter from friends, copys of I-94, my husband birth certificate or mine....etc.. But she didnt seem interested in that. She stamped my passport and told me that i would receive my green card in the mail in less than a month. When she said that i finally started breathing. It was so releaving and to say that we spend more time in the waiting room than the actual interview.
The only thing im not sure is if i got conditional residence or permanente. I ve been married for less than a year. I forgot to ask and the stamp on my passport only says: Processed for I-551 temporrary evidence of lawful admission as a permanent residence.

Oh they also took away from me my work permit, she said that i wouldnt be needing it to work anymore and that with the stamp on my passport i can already travel!! yeah. No more worrying for know. My ND was 02/13/06....and my residence approval was 06/15/06!!
You all got a nice interviewing officer as compared to mine hence your case was approved.I had documents just like you all even though the interviewing officer took my I94 but she was not nice and constantly contradicted herself.My passport was not stamped or anything.

New Case

Posting my timelines. Just received notices for 485, 131 and 765 in the mail today. My wife and I live in different cities because of our current work situation, so hopefully she will get the notice for the I-130 by tomorrow.

FedEx to Chicago Lockbox : June7 (130, 485, 131, 765)
Received at Chicago : June8
Recieved notice (797C) for 485, 131,765 on June15 with:
RD of June8 and
ND of June13