AOS Interview Question

snalion

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I have my AOS interview (through marraige) in July in Detroit. One of the requested papers to bring along is spouse's(US Citizen) employment letter and paystubs. Now my spouse recently joined another company and will be starting in the first week of July. Since the interview is in the second week of July, she will not have any paystubs from her new company. Will that be a problem? Any advice, or help would be appreciated.
Thank you :confused:

If you have a job, you can provide your job letter and pay stub, because your income counts in the family's income as long as you 2 have been living together for more than 6 month. Also, to be secure, you can find a co-sponsor.

snalion said:
Hello, I have my AOS interview (through marraige) in July in Detroit. One of the requested papers to bring along is spouse's(US Citizen) employment letter and paystubs. Now my spouse recently joined another company and will be starting in the first week of July. Since the interview is in the second week of July, she will not have any paystubs from her new company. Will that be a problem? Any advice, or help would be appreciated.
Thank you :confused:

It will depend on the value of the assests that your sponser has. I think I am correct in saying that you have to prove that your income is 125% above the poverty level (for 2 people). In my own case we had to prove that my husbands assests amounted to 5 times the poverty level as he is retired.This is explained in more detail in the insturctions for filling out the Affidavit of Support. Their concern is that your spouse can support you and you will not try to claim any benefits from the govenment.

Good luck with the interview.

Thank you for your replies. My sponsor and I are both working and make more than the 125% property level. I am just worried since she will be starting her new job, she won't have any paystubs thats all. We can get an employment letter from her new job stating her salary etc, along with her old job paystubs, but we were concerned if they wil create problems since we wouldn't have the new job paystubs. But I guess we'll just have to see. Thank you again!

snalion said:
Thank you for your replies. My sponsor and I are both working and make more than the 125% property level. I am just worried since she will be starting her new job, she won't have any paystubs thats all. We can get an employment letter from her new job stating her salary etc, along with her old job paystubs, but we were concerned if they wil create problems since we wouldn't have the new job paystubs. But I guess we'll just have to see. Thank you again!

I don't think you will have a problem as long as you have a letter from her employer.

Best of luck