EB2, China, priority date - jan 2000, AOS WAC - 01-250-*****

AP approved : Aug. 27th
EAD approved : 11/04/01

FP rcvd : Dec. 13th, 2001
FP done : Dec. 14th, 2001
FP scheduled for : Jan. 10th, 2002

AVM says approved on January 8th.

Waiting for Approval Notice in the mail

Congrats! But it may not be a good news to Mar/April folks ...

You know INS has a bad "habit". They often skip some "old" cases, pretending to be fast. Old timers know I\'m not kidding.

no, I was checking my message every 2 -3 days.

I checked on Jan 6th, it was still "your FP was collected on Dec 19th and pending review." Then last night I checked again, it was "approved".

I know lots of people from May/April are waiting. But I have no idea why mine is faster. sorry.

No Title

congrats, enjoy.
Other guys, it may have to do more with a country of birth.
they are probably doing other checks on guys from countries like india, pakistant, etc.

fatcat, do you have any children who applied with you and are approaching 21 years of age?..

That would explain expedited processing as an age-out case. Otherwise its inexplicable that you did your FP in mid-december and you got approved in 3 weeks. I would have thought that your case would still be waiting for background checks. Please let us know. But, enjoy your new status.

No Title

Dee Rod..i think that fatcat must be slim and young-:) , he might not be that old to hacve 21 year old kid.

Jony, I sure hope s/he is young enough to not be an age-out case. That will give us new hope.

No Title

also feifei (may rd 5/14, july nd 07/13) gor approval and was from china.
so it DOES depend on country as well.(more time for background checks)

I don\'t have any kids and it\'s not an aged out case.

I sure hope INS didn\'t make a mistake and changed the voice message on the wrong case.

I checked with FBI on Jan 5th, they said they sent back my FP on Dec 15h.

it seems china is taking lead over other countries.... based on few cases we have seen recently

That is not necessarily true.

I am also from China (EB2) and still waiting... I think henrysh has the same situation

RD: 4/23/01
ND: 6/21/01
FP: 11/28/01

Thanks for your confirmation. I hope there has been no AVM mistake in your case....

In a trail blazing case like yours I think holding the approval notice in your hands will only ease any nagging doubts. Hope you get your approval notice fast.

Hi guys, stop that. A few isolated cases don\'t form solid evidence supporting the country-based the

I was born in China too, yes the Mainland China, Communist China. But I\'m still on "processing resumed" stage.

However, it\'s logical to say it now takes more time for Pakistanis but have we seen any facts suppporting this?

Like Pump said, "Before Indians and Chinese, we are all human beings." Hah, hah!

No Title

Not true. I have seen a Pakistani getting approved with RD of 3/01 about a month ago. But then we dont know how many Pakistanis visit this board...anf therefore judging anything based on this board only will be difficult.