AOS approval while out of country on AP

nobody10

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I'm trying to find out if someone has any experience with their I-485 being approved while out of the country on a valid Advanced Parole (AP)? Could this cause any problem during reentry? My wife who is on F-1 (I-485 RD Nov 9, 2006 at NSC) needs to travel out of the country this August for about a month. She already has her AP and EAD. I have been advised that its best to not travel around when I-485 is approved, but could this scenario cause any problem? Can anyone please share their experiences? Thanks a lot!

Hi, I'm trying to find out if someone has any experience with their I-485 being approved while out of the country on a valid Advanced Parole (AP)? Could this cause any problem during reentry? My wife who is on F-1 (I-485 RD Nov 9, 2006 at NSC) needs to travel out of the country this August for about a month. She already has her AP and EAD. I have been advised that its best to not travel around when I-485 is approved, but could this scenario cause any problem? Can anyone please share their experiences? Thanks a lot!

and how u know that her I485 will be processed by august? u r too sure. the i485 process is like a loto my friend, u never know when u win it.

and how u know that her I485 will be processed by august? u r too sure. the i485 process is like a loto my friend, u never know when u win it.

Thats exactly what I'm worried about! Since nobody knows when its going to be approved, what does actually happen if you're out of the country when it gets approved? Do they make a fuss about it at the port of entry? Can they reject entry?

Thats exactly what I'm worried about! Since nobody knows when its going to be approved, what does actually happen if you're out of the country when it gets approved? Do they make a fuss about it at the port of entry? Can they reject entry?

if someone checks ur mail, then if u she gets her green card by mail during her travel, then let someone send her by DHL the green card. maybe it will work and maybe not.

after inquiring..

Hi,

I had this same question and my att. suggested me to travel on AP. Once after your AOS is approved your H-1 will be invalid so you cannot re-enter on a H-1 but, if you have AP you can enter into the country and enjoy GC. In a case if someone mails you the card and if it happens that the immigration officer checks your departure date then he may quarantine you out.

just my opinion..cannot be brought under law

If you are outside the country and your pending I485 approved, you are one of those cases
case#1 You have valid H stamp with no AP: Will not be allowed to reenter because the H already expired in the same day of I-485 approval

Case #2 You have AP: allowed to reenter with no problem at all.

Case # 3 you got your GC by any mean (mail or person): You may be in trouble because it is approved after the day of departure. (no one, even the post office, can forward this document to another adress except the USCIS and it is not allowed for any one to open or deal with this document except the etitioner)

Because of that, it is advisable for any one with pending AOS even with valid H visa to have AP in case his case get approved while he is abroad.

Travel on AP while in AOS for my daughter

My daughter currently on H4 (EAD in hand not used /will not use also) is a Fulltime student. She got her AP/Travel document. Her H4 expired may2005. Can she travel to Hyderabad, India and come back using her AP. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Also does she need any transit visa at 'Dubai" for flight change to Hyderabd bothways back to NY....

My daughter currently on H4 (EAD in hand not used /will not use also) is a Fulltime student. She got her AP/Travel document. Her H4 expired may2005. Can she travel to Hyderabad, India and come back using her AP. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Also does she need any transit visa at 'Dubai" for flight change to Hyderabd bothways back to NY....

Yes she can travel with valid AP, She should take the EAD in case. I have no idea about the transit visa, call the arirlines or the embassy or UAE.

If you are outside the country and your pending I485 approved, you are one of those cases
case#1 You have valid H stamp with no AP: Will not be allowed to reenter because the H already expired in the same day of I-485 approval

Case #2 You have AP: allowed to reenter with no problem at all.

Case # 3 you got your GC by any mean (mail or person): You may be in trouble because it is approved after the day of departure. (no one, even the post office, can forward this document to another adress except the USCIS and it is not allowed for any one to open or deal with this document except the etitioner)

Because of that, it is advisable for any one with pending AOS even with valid H visa to have AP in case his case get approved while he is abroad.

It makes sense. It is why they give a AP before I485 is approved.