• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS and returning of documents to KCC

kamrooz

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have won DV-2006 and intend to apply for Adjustment of Status, but I'm somewhat confused about the documents received from KCC. In the instructions including in this package it was mentioned that if we want to go through AOS we need to contact USCIS and KCC will not contact us any more. So I thought that I didn't need to return the completed forms to KCC. On the other hand there is a section in the form DS122 in which we are asked to mention if we choose AOS instead of CP.
I have also seen some experience from the past winners saying that they had asked KCC and were requested to return DS-122, and then KCC transfered their case to USCIS. What does"transfer" mean in this case? Does it mean that USCIS will not proccess our I-485 until they recieve a notification from KCC? I have also read someting about" if you return the forms to KCC it will initiate a CP process". Could somebody please help me understand this issue?

I'm not sure that there are any rules in this game. I know exacltly how you feel about it because it is rather confusing. When I received the "congratulation" letter for 2005 I went to see my lawyer and she told me that I didn't have to do anything before my number becomes current. Since it sounded weird I found a guy who went throught the whole procedure a year before and who told me that I have nothing to lose if I send my papers back to KCC. I filed all the papers and after a certain time got the first recipt notice in which they asked me to pay $100 . All that was the indicator for me that I did the right thing. After that everything went more or less smoothly. In order to double check this, you can go to the local USCIS but you really have to be patient for I got the right info only after third visit.
Good luck!

you have to send DSP-122 to KCC with the fee. They'll send you a receipt.

You do file for AOS with USCIS when your case number is current.

LucyMO,
Thanks. Is it the state department fee, which used to be $100 and is $385 (I think) now?