• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Anyone with two type of German birth certificate?

Gerindo

Registered Users (C)
Anyone here have 2 German birth certificate? The German version and the International version.

I recently recieved my internationalen Geburtsurkunde from the Standesamnt where I was born. I requested one because I thought my parents lost my original German birth certificate.

My parents recently found my original birth certificate, and now I have two version. Which version should I present to the U.S Embassy? should I pick one or should I give them both?

Does anyone who was born in Germany knows about this?

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe ;)

Anyone here have 2 German birth certificate? The German version and the International version.

I recently recieved my internationalen Geburtsurkunde from the Standesamnt where I was born. I requested one because I thought my parents lost my original German birth certificate.

My parents recently found my original birth certificate, and now I have two version. Which version should I present to the U.S Embassy? should I pick one or should I give them both?

Does anyone who was born in Germany knows about this?

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe ;)
Take the original German birth certificate that you found.

It does not matter! You can present either one. I showed them the international one and it was just fine (even though I had the original one with me, too). I would bring both of them just in case. It is better to have more than less, ey? However, either one should be just fine. Make sure you make copies of the birth certificates (and all other documents for that matter) though. They want to see the originals and they keep the copies. Hope that helps.

US consulates seem to be a bit suspicious about recently issued birth certificates. It's probably better to submit your original birth cirtificate if is is and either/or situation. You can try submitting both thugh.

That is not the case in Germany. Therefore, the statement is not valid for German consulates. You can show either the original or international birth certificate in Germany (as long as they are documents with original stamps on them). The guys in the consulates in Germany know EXACTLY how the German birth certificates/international birth certificates/police certificates etc look like. They see hundreds of them every week. However, bring both certificates to the interview...again...better to have more than less. You are not limited to the amount of papers/documents you can bring to the interview....so just bring both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventhough I was born in Germany, my country of residency is Indonesia. My family lived in Germany for 15 years before they moved to Indonesia. I'll be getting the interview in Jakarta, Indonesia.

I think I will just go with showing the original german birth certificate. The only problem is that I also need to bring a certified english translation of the birth certificate. I don't think the people over the U.S embassy in Indonesia can read German. I'll carry the international birth certifcate as backup.

I kinda like how the German International birth certificate looks compare to my original German ones. The German ones is very simplistic and it is only 3/4 of a page, while the International ones has full page front and back with 3 different languages (German, English, and French).

Thanks for all the input! :)

Can you tell me what the difference is?
Does the German one list names of your parents, place of birth with full administrative division, and date of birth?
If that is correct, it is more than enough.

You might still require a German one if you show the international one. Not vice versa.

They both contains the exact same information: Name, date of birth, city of birth, and parents name.

The German birth certificate ( Abstammungsurkunde ) looks the same for anyone who were born in Germany. It is a 3/4 paper with all the informations on it. They haven't changed the format for almost 50 years except for those who were born in East Germany. I was born in West Germany.

The International German birth certificate ( internationale geburtsurkunde ) is a new type of birth certificate that the German government issue. I think they made this after Germany became part of the European Union. It has the same information as the German ones except they are written in 3 different languages (german, english, and french).

Here are an example how they look like:

German birth certificate:
http://www.atuahene.de/images/abstammungsurkunde.jpg

German International birth certificate:
http://www.bremerhaven.de/sixcms/media.php/339/Geburtsurkunde_Vorderseite.gif

Gerindo,

It did not know that you will have the interview in Indonesia. Obviously the folks in Indonesia DO NOT normally know how the German birth certificates/police certificates etc. look like. However, it does not change the scenario: bring BOTH certificates just in case (and yes, by all means, I would get the original certificate professionally translated...better be safe than sorry).

If in doubt, contact (call/email) your consulate in Indonesia. They might be able to tell you if the international certificate will be sufficient. Have a good one :)

Anderungen der Eintragung

I have been asked to translate a German birth certificate into English but I am stuck on the best English for "Aenderungen der Eintragung". I am trying to find the correct way to say 'Changes / Adjustments' from the Entry - meaning, perhaps, changes to the original entry in the birth record? I appreciate all your help in clarifying this for me.

Thanks in advance!