Anyone with tax deliquency and payment plan, approved for citizenship?

cbarus

Registered Users (C)
I read a lot about setting up a payment plan with IRS and make consistant payments as a way to demonstrate good moral character if you have delinquent taxes.

Did anyone have luck getting approved this way? I filed my N-400 yesterday with delinquent taxes, payment plan and regular payments. But am nervous as I have not read a single case that says they got approved. A couple of cases where they rejected the petition, in fact.

Thanks

I read a lot about setting up a payment plan with IRS and make consistant payments as a way to demonstrate good moral character if you have delinquent taxes.

Did anyone have luck getting approved this way? I filed my N-400 yesterday with delinquent taxes, payment plan and regular payments. But am nervous as I have not read a single case that says they got approved. A couple of cases where they rejected the petition, in fact.

Thanks

It is useless worrying. Just wait for USCIS to give you an answer. That is the only authoritive
answer. My gut feeling is that you will be Ok.

The worst scenario is to reapply when your tax issue is otu of the 5 year window.

Thanks

cbarus, I was in a similar situation and was approved. As long as you have the documentation and have been making payments your are fine. So do not worry about it. Good Luck.

Thanks a lot for your responses herewego and mesbahul. This makes me feel better now. Will keep you posted on my status.

Help?

Thanks a lot for your responses herewego and mesbahul. This makes me feel better now. Will keep you posted on my status.

I am in the same boat. Submitted my n-400 with a payment plan about 8K owed. Please let me know how did you interview went. Hoping for good news.

Thanks