Anyone with similar experience please post.

sm2000

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires this Friday.
I applied for 3rd EAD & 3rd AP. I got my AP. But no sign of EAD. It\'s not yet 90 days to go to local INS.
What should I do? Anyone with similar experience please post.

No Title

First, this is the answer that I got from an IIO from TSC. You have 2 choices: ask your employer if it\'s okay for you to work and tell them that you already applied for renewal, or you can go to a local INS center to get one.

When we applied for our 3rd EAD (2nd expired on Feb 13, 02), I got mine around January. However, my husband didn\'t get his (not even now). At first, his attorney and HR said there would not be any problem. So my husband continued working until Monday (Feb 18), his HR called and said there might be a problem for him to work without an EAD. The HR didn\'t say he can not work but left the option for him to decide. Then my husband said his I-485 already got approved but the HR said she must have some paper document to prove it. So my husband started taking days off since yesterday (Tuesday). We got the approval letter yesterday and went for passport stamping today. My husband plans to return to work this afternoon.

I think you talk to an IIO and see what they say, so if something goes wrong, you could say that\'s what you were told. Then consult your attorney and ask your employer to see if they have a problem with it. If so, then just take a few days off in the worst of the cases.

By the way, our 2nd EAD came almost a month after the 1st was expired because our attorney told us no need to rush for the renewal. Therefore there was some gap in between, but we still got our I-485 approval. I\'m not saying you should not worry, but to show you we had the same problem. However, it might affect your case so just be careful with it.

90 days

Do you think it is worthwhile to go for EAD at local office of INS (which is Oklahoma City in my case) before 90 days after applying? I read in this newsgroup that some guy who went to local office was given an appointment to go there again 3 weeks later. It seems his EAD had been under processing for 5 months or so.

No Title

Your best bet is the District INS office. Find the nearest in INS site. Info about oklahoma city can also be found in ins site... If it says Interim EAD is not entertained then you can save time.

can I work with expired EAD?

I really don\'t know how long I\'ll have to take leave. My lawyer said will try for something temporary EAD/document realating work permit. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Same here

I am also wondering if I could work with an expired EAD. Last two times I applied for an EAD I got within 45 days. This time it is almost 50 days and no answer.