Anyone with pending NAME CHECK??? over 15 mths

WACWSC

Registered Users (C)
I was informed two weeks ago that my name check was cleared. Today I called they said name check is still pending. I dont know what to do?? I am about to file lawsuit against USCIS and FBI!!

Please advice

------------------------------------
RD: 02/02/2008
PD: 02/02/2008
FP: Notice: 02/15/2008
Name check started: 02/24/2008
FP Done: 03/02/2008
Stuck in Name Check::::::::::::;;
Case Transferred to National Benefit Center: 03/17/2009
Name Check Cleared: ??????
Interview Checklist: ??????????????
Interview letter: ??????????
Int Date: ??????????
Oat Letter: ?????????
Oat date: ??????????????/

Have you approached your Senator?

Have you written to David Hardy at the FBI?

I was informed two weeks ago that my name check was cleared. Today I called they said name check is still pending. I dont know what to do?? I am about to file lawsuit against USCIS and FBI!!

Please advice

There is multiple ways you can take action. I see several people here who wrote letters, file law suit etc. They still waited as long as they need to wait.
I did nothing but wait and after 26 months got my interview and passed. It is up to you.

You need to file the lawsuit. Unacceptable. :)

Please advice

I have send a FEDEX to National Benefit Center and Ombudsman Office. Its basically a letter to Ombudsman Office with a CC to NBC. I will wait until May 20th, then lawsuit will proceed against 40 different officials of FBI/USCIS/DHS Deputy Director. I have also contacted a CNN New Editor in LA to bring Name Check Issues Publication issued on USCIS web site, which states FBI/USCIS are done with all namechecks pending over 180 days. False Press Report

Last edited by a moderator:
It could very well be that FBI has completed the name check, but that USCIS hasn't updated all their records to indicate this..hence the flip flop answer you receive from them.
USCIS Ombudsman is a first step..seriously consider filing WOM if nothing comes of it.

It could very well be that FBI has completed the name check, but that USCIS hasn't updated all their records to indicate this..hence the flip flop answer you receive from them.
USCIS Ombudsman is a first step..seriously consider filing WOM if nothing comes of it.

Bob, I received a letter from the ombudsman office regard my interview descheduling stated an official inquiry was sent and I should receive a response within 45 days. This is the same answer I received from the senator. I am wondering if both inquiries are the same. Who has more access to USCIS? ombudsman or the Senator.

Have been stuck in name check since Dec '07. Submitted the second set of fingerprints a couple of days ago. USCIS still maintains that background check is not complete. I am hoping this is a communication gap, since getting the second fingerprint notice is sometimes a sign of some activity.

Bob, I received a letter from the ombudsman office regard my interview descheduling stated an official inquiry was sent and I should receive a response within 45 days. This is the same answer I received from the senator. I am wondering if both inquiries are the same. Who has more access to USCIS? ombudsman or the Senator.

They both have different channels to USCIS, but I suspect both outcomes will be the same.

I got the same problem, they told me my NC is cleared but later on they said it was pending. I do not know what it is with USCIS?.

I suspect that the discrepancy lies in the way different IOs interpret fields in the USCIS system differently due to training (or lack thereof). For example, one IO may interpret a field to mean that the name check is complete, but in reality it is completed and USCIS has not updated the applicant's file with that information.
During my process, one morning I called USCIS 5 different times and got 3 consistent answers and 2 different answers regarding the same question. This tells me that some IOs rather tell you anything than tell you they really don't know or need to ask someone else for help.

I think Bob is correct. FBI recently announced that they have completed all name checks pending over 6 months. So it must be USCIS who has not updated their system record promptly.

Have been stuck in name check since Dec '07. Submitted the second set of fingerprints a couple of days ago. USCIS still maintains that background check is not complete. I am hoping this is a communication gap, since getting the second fingerprint notice is sometimes a sign of some activity.

Getting second fingerprint notice is %99 percentage is good news and after your second fingerprint done in a month you may receive your interview letter. It happened me and tens of people recently.

Good luck.

Ya, BOB is right. There few types of systems with USCIS, some officer can tell: Name Check is pending or not without asking and when the case was assigned to officer or whats the last update.

Some officers will give me information like " Its pending and we are working on it, so please wait", when you ask how long, they will say " oh allow us 2/3 months and check back after 2/3 months".

FBI have done their work but USCIS contractors are not updating their records.

Question for you BOB: After name check is cleared, Do a person have to stand in line as other with DO for interview or they are given special preference.???

Question for you BOB: After name check is cleared, Do a person have to stand in line as other with DO for interview or they are given special preference.???

From what I have seen, they are placed in interview queue just like anyone else..there's no priority placed on how long a case has been pending.

Bob, there is some exceptions like mine. I received a different interview letter than regular one and interviewed Thursday (SFO office closed that day for regular interviews).

Getting right info is really about who you are talking on the phone. First ones just contractors and they cannot see anything more then you can see on web site. Second (if you can make yourself transferred) ones have more ability to see data about your file but in this case it is about that person, if he/she willing to resarch and find an info he/she can and give you right info. After long time wait after my first interview descheduled I give couple of calls and most off them told me wait, wait and wait. And one day one officer told me he will place a request to schedule my interview ASAP. Be honest with you I did not believe at that point. However in a couple days I received an email from SFO office tells me my interview will scheduled soon. After 1-2 weeks I received my interview letter and as I mentioned above a no interview day I passed my interview and been told will receive my oath letter between 3 weeks and 6 weeks.

Hope this help.

I just called again, Officer was very friendly, he said: look all OK I don't know why they didn't transfer the case to local office. He said may be they are missing some info from Service Center. He said anyway, give us 30 days more before you take any actions. He did say, that contacting Ombudsman office was right thing to do and He said I may be getting second FP notice in mail by next week as my FP is expiring.