• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Anyone with high number never got GC?

impauk

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I want to know if anyone received NL with high number for Asia and choose AOS did not get GC at all? Does anyone you know have that kind of situation?

We received NL with 2008AS96XX. We are already in the US and CP is out of question. We are so worried right now and can't even enjoy the Congratulations letter. :confused:

Thanks

Hi there,

Please enjoy your congratulations letter, at least for the CHANCE, not certainty, of receiving a GC. That really applies to every winner.

In my online AOS group for 2006 there was one family who didn't get their GC, not from AS but from SA. Their number was current in September and they got caught up on absurd bureaucratical glitches. Time ran out and unfortunately they lost their chance.

In your case a slow background check could be a problem. It is not impossible to beat the system but you have to stay on top of it before and for sure after your interview.

The good thing about uncertainty is that you may very well make it easily!

Very best of luck

Barbara

MY AOS EXPERIENCE: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911

hello

1st of all congratulation. your case numb seems higher rank but do not worry .
when you check for current number of dv 2005 in october. the case number was very higher one but later it changed more small case number for the further months. so in this case my openion is as you have got such rank number in early time so do not worry you will get appointment earlier.... :):D

Thanks so much Barbara and J&G for your encouragement and wishes. I am relieved to some extent. We'll try our best and remain positive.

in my experience people from Ukraine last year got a separate cut-off queue, and when visas for Ukraine ended in May, a lot of people were left with nothing, even though their numbers weren't that high.

Historically, quite a few people with high case numbers found themselves without visas because their number never became current.

I wasn't even called as my number was never current. I think it was DV2004 or 2003.. I still have that false hope piece of paper.

Hi impauk,
My case number is 2008AS93xx and like you I am currently in US. We pretty much are in the same boat! let's keep in touch to see if any good comes out of this.

ImpaUK and Mosaud

Impauk and Masoud24,
Congratulations and good luck! Fill out the approp[riate forms and don't forget to choose CP. Now the waiting begins...... You will have to wait at le4ast until july/aug 2008 for your visa # to become current as it is comparatively high.

Impunk,
You can forget about doing AOS processing as your visa# won't be current till july/aug 2008 and the only catch in DV lottery is IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR VISA PROCESSED BY END OF FISCAL YEAR ( sept 2008 in your case), YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LOTTERY.

As Barbaralamb mentioned above AOS process takes at least month or two due to bureaucratical glitches. In other hand, CP takes less than 2 weeks to complete. In CP everything (including background check) is done by KCC right after they receive your application, so it will be ready when your visa # becomes current. so, when your visa# becomes current, you just have to go to your country and get the visa. In AOS, your processing starts after your visa# becomes current and the processing takes at least 1 month.

So, think about it. Choose AOS, if you think you can beat the system. Choose CP if you want to play it safe. And you can always change your processing from CP to AOS but you can't change from AOS to CP in case change your mind before your visa# becomes active.

Good luck!!!

Thanks guys for all your inputs.

LuckyMo: Thanks for the info.

Seebeyond: Sorry for your case. That's why we are holding ourselves from jumping up and down out of excitement and joy. Hope you win again with nice low number.

Masoud54: Welcome aboard to coming 1 1/2 years of anxiety. Let's keep each other posted. Best of luck to you.

Udi : Thanks for your advice. We are asylees so CP is out of question for us. You have a very good chance of getting visa as you can do CP. Good for you and best of luck to you too.

Thanks udi for the advice, I did not know that I can not switch from AOS to CP! I appreciate your advice. By the time that my case becomes current I will be on H1b visa and I hope I can get 2 month off to travel to Abu Dhabi for CP.

impauk: I agree that we will have 1 1/2 year of anxiety, but I still consider it as a blessing. I have not seen my family in 4 years and this will make me to visit Iran because of CP :) I do not care if I don't get the GC. Stay in touch.

Thanks udi for the advice, I did not know that I can not switch from AOS to CP! I appreciate your advice. By the time that my case becomes current I will be on H1b visa and I hope I can get 2 month off to travel to Abu Dhabi for CP.

Masoud54,
I don't think you would need two month for CP. it took only 2 weeks for lucyMo for CP processing. But in other hand since you are doing it in U.A.E. it might take longer than that. You shoud take 2 month off just incase you case takes lil longer.

Impauk and Masoud24,
Congratulations and good luck! Fill out the approp[riate forms and don't forget to choose CP. Now the waiting begins...... You will have to wait at le4ast until july/aug 2008 for your visa # to become current as it is comparatively high.

Impunk,
You can forget about doing AOS processing as your visa# won't be current till july/aug 2008 and the only catch in DV lottery is IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR VISA PROCESSED BY END OF FISCAL YEAR ( sept 2008 in your case), YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LOTTERY.

As Barbaralamb mentioned above AOS process takes at least month or two due to bureaucratical glitches. In other hand, CP takes less than 2 weeks to complete. In CP everything (including background check) is done by KCC right after they receive your application, so it will be ready when your visa # becomes current. so, when your visa# becomes current, you just have to go to your country and get the visa. In AOS, your processing starts after your visa# becomes current and the processing takes at least 1 month.

So, think about it. Choose AOS, if you think you can beat the system. Choose CP if you want to play it safe. And you can always change your processing from CP to AOS but you can't change from AOS to CP in case change your mind before your visa# becomes active.

Good luck!!!

hi !
i'm also from iran,cn:2008 as 14xxx
i have a question:we see that in the last 2 month, we may see current for all asian winners.
what does it mean?for example can i go to embassy for interview without the second letter?
plz help me.i'm so confused

for example can i go to embassy for interview without the second letter?
if an interview hasn't been scheduled for you - no, of course, not. If you don't have an appointment, they will not let you in.