Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

485 pending since 08/30/2002, looking for a DIY "Writ of Mandamus" template

Anyone has a DIY template for filing "Writ of Mandamus" against USCIS? My case has been pending since August 30, 2002 and I just don't see it coming out of dark anytime soon. The name check is holding it up pretty good. I may just have to file a lawsuit to get USCIS moving.

Hi all,
My application for the I-751 is under 103.(2).b.(18) after we(My spouse and I) had an interview for the I-751. It has been 2.5 years since the interview, and up to date I got no answer form the USCIS. everytime I went to the USCIS office, they tell to come back after six month.
Does any body here has an idea what's 103.(2).b.(18) other than "Withholding
adjudication" Poem, what is about? is it for name check only or it could be for any other reason? is it something bad that will end in denying my application, I don't care about the waiting, I like to know what is it for?
Thank You!

hi momocho

what exactly is the 103.(2).(18) means cause i have the same problem i751 filed two years back had an interview but still no answer .waiting .........

dreamcatcher,
You can start at this link: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_Name_Check There are links to sample templates on that page. Hope that helps!

Anyone has a DIY template for filing "Writ of Mandamus" against USCIS? My case has been pending since August 30, 2002 and I just don't see it coming out of dark anytime soon. The name check is holding it up pretty good. I may just have to file a lawsuit to get USCIS moving.

momocho and Helphelp1,
If USCIS is following the law then they must have documented reasons to withhold adjudication and if you file WOM, you can ask them to prove that proper procedure was followed and it was not just verbal excuses to just get you off their backs. Were you given this reason in writing at the interview or were you told that this *may* apply if you don't get a decision? It's true that this could apply to any application but that doesn't mean that it's very common. In most cases, USCIS doesn't take proper steps to withhold applications but rather the application just lingering in CIS's limbo and not even being looked at.

You can ask USCIS to provide proof that if they have been reviewing the application at six month interval and have decided to hold further processing until six months. I bet they won't have that proof because most likely they have not done anything to the application. Sad but that's the most likely scenario.
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...=div8&view=text&node=8:1.0.1.2.6.0.1.2&idno=8

Code:
(18) Withholding adjudication. A district director may authorize withholding adjudication of a visa petition or other application if the district director determines that an investigation has been undertaken involving a matter relating to eligibility or the exercise of discretion, where applicable, in connection with the application or petition, and that the disclosure of information to the applicant or petitioner in connection with the adjudication of the application or petition would prejudice the ongoing investigation. If an investigation has been undertaken and has not been completed within one year of its inception, the district director shall review the matter and determine whether adjudication of the petition or application should be held in abeyance for six months or until the investigation is completed, whichever comes sooner. If, after six months of the district director's determination, the investigation has not been completed, the matter shall be reviewed again by the district director and, if he/she concludes that more time is needed to complete the investigation, adjudication may be held in abeyance for up to another six months. If the investigation is not completed at the end of that time, the matter shall be referred to the regional commissioner, who may authorize that adjudication be held in abeyance for another six months. Thereafter, if the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement, determines it is necessary to continue to withhold adjudication pending completion of the investigation, he/she shall review that determination every six months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denied Case

My Case has been denied and i am thinking about filing a lawsuit.
Is there any Lawyer out there that helps for free?

jekforn

this means if uscis wants they can hold the case even you have filed the WOM aginst them as i did in my case i have given the interview of n 400 and pass the test but the i751 file is still held by the i751 officer thats why no decision can be made as per by the n400 officer she didnt have my i751 file

USCIS has to have a valid reason for withholding the adjudication on a case. They cannot withhold adjudication just because they feel like it. According to the regulation you mentioned in your previous post, if USCIS decides to withhold adjudication, they have to follow certain procedures and the application has to be reviewed at six month intervals and has to be escalated to higher authority. Now this is less likely the case. Again I'm not lawyer and this is just my opinion.

So have you been interviewed in connection with you N-400? If so then why do you need to file I-751? As far as I understand I-751 is to remove the condition on green card one gets by marrying a US citizen.

Am I missing something?
jekforn

this means if uscis wants they can hold the case even you have filed the WOM aginst them as i did in my case i have given the interview of n 400 and pass the test but the i751 file is still held by the i751 officer thats why no decision can be made as per by the n400 officer she didnt have my i751 file

i have a very complicated case my i751 is still not been cleared for two years and because of that my n400 is stuck the n400 interviewer said first the 1751 should be clear then you can get the oath letter so i filed the wom and waiting for the action by uscis

i have a very complicated case my i751 is still not been cleared for two years and because of that my n400 is stuck the n400 interviewer said first the 1751 should be clear then you can get the oath letter so i filed the wom and waiting for the action by uscis

Complicated or not, the case should've been resolved in 6 months. You can definitely push them to adjudicate your I-751. Wom will help.

So here is my Case, i came here from Switzerland on 3-18-07 on a Touris Vise.
Married a American Citizen on Feb 22 2007.

Filed I-485 on 7-6-07

After many Service Requests recieved letter saying "ready for Interview" on 11-16-07

Never Recieved a Letter with actuall Interview, only one that said "your Interview has been cacelled on Dez 31st".
(apperently cause they made a Mistake sceduliing an Interview on this Holiday)

Went to Infopass, made Appt. went to Field Office cause letter said "make appt. with Field Office"
Got there, PPL said "we dont know how we can help you or why you are here. (i thought it was for an Interview, or at least to tell me more about my case status is)
So 4 Hours driving for nothing.

Filed a complaint with Ombudsman.
Filed for a Travel Document cause of a Death in my Family. 8-4-08 till 9-14-08
Got Travel Document and went to Switzerland and came back.

Then our Case was denied on Dez 9th 2008 cause we missed an Appt. - Letter for this Appt was Dated the same Day as the Appt and recieved by us a couple days after Appt. (yes we missed it, cause they sent it out the Day of the Appt.)

Filed a Motion on 2-5-09 (paid another $600)
- motion was accepted and shortly after we get a letter for a Interview (yay)

Went to Interview June 26th 09

Our Case got denied cause apperently i was here illegal from the time my tourist visa expired till i went to Switzerland for a Funeral.

I had no Idea i was illegal, nobody ever told me and now they are saying a should have filed some form after my 3 Month Tourist Visa.

Lets not forget, they gave me (illegal) a work Permission and a travel document to come back.
Of course i was not aware of my illegal stay here.

Is that enough Information? I am glad to answer any other Questions... i just really need help.
Me and my Husband expect a Child in 3 Month, they want me to leave in 30 and my Ombudsman said - even if they allow you to file a waiver it will be really hard and almost impossible.

So here is my Case, i came here from Switzerland on 3-18-07 on a Touris Vise.
Married a American Citizen on Feb 22 2007.

Filed I-485 on 7-6-07

After many Service Requests recieved letter saying "ready for Interview" on 11-16-07

Never Recieved a Letter with actuall Interview, only one that said "your Interview has been cacelled on Dez 31st".
(apperently cause they made a Mistake sceduliing an Interview on this Holiday)

Went to Infopass, made Appt. went to Field Office cause letter said "make appt. with Field Office"
Got there, PPL said "we dont know how we can help you or why you are here. (i thought it was for an Interview, or at least to tell me more about my case status is)
So 4 Hours driving for nothing.

Filed a complaint with Ombudsman.
Filed for a Travel Document cause of a Death in my Family. 8-4-08 till 9-14-08
Got Travel Document and went to Switzerland and came back.

Then our Case was denied on Dez 9th 2008 cause we missed an Appt. - Letter for this Appt was Dated the same Day as the Appt and recieved by us a couple days after Appt. (yes we missed it, cause they sent it out the Day of the Appt.)

Filed a Motion on 2-5-09 (paid another $600)
- motion was accepted and shortly after we get a letter for a Interview (yay)

Went to Interview June 26th 09

Our Case got denied cause apperently i was here illegal from the time my tourist visa expired till i went to Switzerland for a Funeral.

I had no Idea i was illegal, nobody ever told me and now they are saying a should have filed some form after my 3 Month Tourist Visa.

Lets not forget, they gave me (illegal) a work Permission and a travel document to come back.
Of course i was not aware of my illegal stay here.

Is that enough Information? I am glad to answer any other Questions... i just really need help.
Me and my Husband expect a Child in 3 Month, they want me to leave in 30 and my Ombudsman said - even if they allow you to file a waiver it will be really hard and almost impossible.

Timeline is very important in your case. So, you married an american in February 07 and came to the US in March 07 then filed I-485 in July 07? If this is correct, you should be fine. Do not leave the US now, consult with a lawyer. If you leave you may not be able to come back for a while. Your next step is a federal court to dispute the denial.

Timeline is very important in your case. So, you married an american in February 07 and came to the US in March 07 then filed I-485 in July 07? If this is correct, you should be fine. Do not leave the US now, consult with a lawyer. If you leave you may not be able to come back for a while. Your next step is a federal court to dispute the denial.

They say i should have filed a waiver or something like that (after 3 Month Visa), only the filed form apperently does not allow me to stay.

i do have a appt. on thursday with a lawyer, but i would like to have your oppinion on this too (specially about the "I-485 is no permission to stay".

About the federal court, that is not the motion that uscis makes me file agains the denial - right?

Hi, lazycis. Thanks for your reply. I hear from the appeal court today. Would you please see my email and let me know what you think? Thanks!!!

Hi, I am new here. My case (i-485) has been pending for five years. Lately, my interview was cancelled and has not been rescheduled yet for two months. I got a message that further background check is required. I decided to file WOM. Yesterday, I sent demand letters to many authorities. Do I have to wait for thirty days or can I file writ of mandamus immediately?

Hi... I started to write the complaint for WOM. I need a recently UPDATED complaint sample. I am going to file the writ of mandamus at the eastern district of Pennsylvania. Could you give me a link for UPDATED sample of complaint? Or could you, masters of forum and people from the eastern district of Pennsylvania help me for exact preparation. Thank you.

Hi Guys,
After 2 years and 9 months of waiting, We are planning to file WOM (Pro Se) in SDNY tomorrow morning. My wife and I have been monitoring this forum for the last couple of months. This is an amazing forum. Please keep us in your prayers.
We will update you with our case status as we go forward.

Thanks a million for this forum and thanks in advance for your future help....