Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Should I expect the approval after or before the FP? I called USCIS today and they had no record of the FP notice.
From my experience with the USCIS customer service, they are behind on updating their information. When I received the call from the AUSA about the approval of my N-400. I called USCIS to confirm and they had no record of the approval. Give them few days and call them back

From my experience with the USCIS customer service, they are behind on updating their information. When I received the call from the AUSA about the approval of my N-400. I called USCIS to confirm and they had no record of the approval. Give them few days and call them back

Correct, when I called them for my oath letter, they don't even have any info that shows am done with my interview and all they know is still received and pending. After interview I believe we should only contact local DO.

Ombudsman's office responded. Should I wait?

I've been preparing for the WOM since February. Employment based EB2, 485 pending for 2.5 years. I sent lots of letters out in Feb-March. Now I got replies from Senator's office and congressman's office saying my case is under review, wait 90-120 days.

Last Monday I got a call from the Ombudsman's office asking for 140 case number. After getting that the agent pulled my 140 while I was on the phone. And then told me yes everything looks ok, PD current, 140 approved, etc. She will send an email to USCIS and I will receive a written notice from Ombudsman's office on what they find. She could not give me any ETA. A week later I received a letter from Ombudsman's office, looked more like an acknowledgement. It says wait for 45 days.

Now should I wait? There is a somewhat urgent situation here. My husband, the primary applicant, has been with his employer for 9 years. But several days ago this company was acquired. The acquisition is expected to finish in several months. There might be layoffs anytime. I really want to get my GC ASAP.

Could you please advice? Thank you!

I've been preparing for the WOM since February. Employment based EB2, 485 pending for 2.5 years. I sent lots of letters out in Feb-March. Now I got replies from Senator's office and congressman's office saying my case is under review, wait 90-120 days.

Last Monday I got a call from the Ombudsman's office asking for 140 case number. After getting that the agent pulled my 140 while I was on the phone. And then told me yes everything looks ok, PD current, 140 approved, etc. She will send an email to USCIS and I will receive a written notice from Ombudsman's office on what they find. She could not give me any ETA. A week later I received a letter from Ombudsman's office, looked more like an acknowledgement. It says wait for 45 days.

Now should I wait? There is a somewhat urgent situation here. My husband, the primary applicant, has been with his employer for 9 years. But several days ago this company was acquired. The acquisition is expected to finish in several months. There might be layoffs anytime. I really want to get my GC ASAP.

Could you please advice? Thank you!

Do not delay, file WOM and get your GC in 1-2 months. There is no point in waiting. Nothing happened after Ombudsman's inquiry in my case.

Finally: I have decided to negotiate with AUSA and proceed further

My naturalization review case was assigned to Scott Dunn. He is very unreasonable person. He usually assignes some law students from Brooklyn Law school who screw up the cases royally. I hope it does not happen to you. IM me privately to go over this. Pursues aggressively. I ended up withdrawing. I do not mean that yi9u have to do the same thing but be careful with your attorney, tat he does not screw up. send me an IM and I can give detailed reply.

Well I called my lawyer back yesterday and asked if he had withdrawn the case. He said no, he was waiting for my final approval. I instructed him not to withdraw and now I am trying to find and contact my ex so she can be interviewed over the phone by AUSA staff. Hopefully, the interview goes well and AUSA keeps his promise to request USCIS to approve N-400. what is the likelihood of that heppening. Its been almost 2 1/2 years that I have filed my N-400 and still no luck. any response is welcome.

USCIS always pins thier mistakes on aliens

Hello Every one
i have filed for my N-400 on 10/06/08 based on 5 years wish it was on 01/04/04 that the date was in my green Card said i am LPR since 01/04/04 based on that i applied for N-400 i went to the interview on 04/09/09 i passed the test i got the per approve letter i was waiting for my OL and i just got a denial letter the letter said they deny me becuase i filed too early in the I-485 they have it stamped i was LPR since 01/14/04 in my green card it said 01/04/04 they said i can have a hearing but i don't know how long that will take and iam in bad need for every min i haveing a baby on 08/05/09 and my wife still overseas so if i file all over it wil take us anther yeas and we already waiting for 2 years now and my baby wont be citizen and i have to file for her too dose any one went throw same thing before tomorrow i have meeting of my congressman staff but i don't know if that will work can i take it all the way to the white house please give me advice i really need it will i did went to the congressman office yesterday and we wrote a letter to the direct district i also have an info pass for the 05/12 i heard nothing from any one so far what do you think if i go public with it call the news or something do you think it will work cuz they did the mistake and want me to pay for it. once agian tell me what you think

an immigration attorney told me recently that "you know unless you become citizen, you do not have much rights in this country" she was perfectly correct. USCIS always pins their mistakes on aliens. The alien has to go through hoops to clear their mistakes and they still do not say "oops" we did a mistake. Can obama do some thing about it. May be in next 4 years, as the whole department is upside down.

defendent list?

Hi, could someone please check the defendent list that I found?

Janet Napolitano
Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
U. S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20258

Michael Aytes, acting Deputy Director
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
425 Eye St. NW
Washington D.C. 20536

DAVID ROARK,
As Acting Director of the
Texas Service Center
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Robert S. Mueller, III
Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Alberto Gonzales,
Attorney General
U. S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

I saw people mentioning adding the director of local field office. I am in Orange County, California, Central District. Then I should add "Ms. Jane Arellano, District Director, USCIS, Los Angeles"?

My 485 is with TSC. That's why I had TSC director in there.

Thank you!

Hi, could someone please check the defendent list that I found?

Janet Napolitano
Washington, D.C. 20258

425 Eye St. NW
Washington D.C. 20536

DAVID ROARK,
Texas Service Center

Robert S. Mueller, III

Alberto Gonzales,
Attorney General
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

I saw people mentioning adding the director of local field office. I am in Orange County, California, Central District. Then I should add "Ms. Jane Arellano, District Director, USCIS, Los Angeles"?

My 485 is with TSC. That's why I had TSC director in there.

Thank you!

The Attorney General is Eric Holder now. Alberto has long been gone

The Attorney General is Eric Holder now. Alberto has long been gone

Yes I just realized and was wondering if I could edit my silly list... Thank you though. Here is the new list:

Janet Napolitano
Washington, D.C. 20258

425 Eye St. NW
Washington D.C. 20536

DAVID ROARK,
Texas Service Center

Robert S. Mueller, III,
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

Eric Holder Jr,
Attorney General
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

Do I need to include USCIS District Director? My zip code is 92656. Could somebody please help me to look up the name and address? Thank you very much!

Another qustion: two plantiffs?

My husband's 485 and my 485 were submitted together, EB2 employment based, he is the primary. Should I list both names as plaintiffs? Say

Husband's name
Wife's name

Plaintiffs

v.

Defendant list

and then in the complaint document always use 'plaintiffs' when applicable?

Thank you!

My husband's 485 and my 485 were submitted together, EB2 employment based, he is the primary. Should I list both names as plaintiffs? Say

Husband's name
Wife's name

Plaintiffs

v.

Defendant list

and then in the complaint document always use 'plaintiffs' when applicable?

Thank you!
Yes you should both be listed as plantiffs since you are both seeking relief from the court

WHAT?! Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident?

I finally started to file the WOM. Asked a couple questions here, wrote my first draft complaint yesterday, busy with refining it and planed to post it here today. Then just now I got the email: "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

"On May 13, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

This means I got the GC, right?

You know what, as someone mentioned before, I do believe USCIS monitors this thread. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

I want to say special thank you to the people here. Especially Lazycis and jefkorn. You guys not only provide professional advises. More importantly, the encouragement. Everybody here had been through all the frustration with USCIS. And we were (at least I was) unsure about what would happen with the WOM, whether or not I will be able to handle those legal stuff. ‘Mandamus’, ‘Venue’, ‘Summons’, those were like foreign language to me. You guys are here ensuring, encouraging and helping people, made me to believe that I can do it.

We all come to the thread, asking questions, and then after a couple months got what we wanted and leave. But you guys are always here. I can’t express how much I appreciate it.

OhReally, that's wonderful news :D That's it!! In a week or so you will have your GC. Good luck

PS: Your id cracks me , good one, oh really!!! :)
I finally started to file the WOM. Asked a couple questions here, wrote my first draft complaint yesterday, busy with refining it and planed to post it here today. Then just now I got the email: "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

"On May 13, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

You know what, as someone mentioned before, I do believe USCIS monitors this thread. haha.

To all Experts here on the forum ie Lazycis, Jefkorn and others:

I had posted here few months ago and finally have to decided to go WOM way. I have my inital draft all ready with few questions;

I will be filing in Eastern District of Pennsylvania. DO you guys have any idea how is ED of PA with WOM cases. It will be N-400 no interview case.

Who is the local US District attorney that I need to add as an defendant, if any?

Do you guys have name of Philadelphia District USCIS Officer's and do I need to add him/her on the defendant list.

Do you guys have a completed Civil Cover Sheet that I can refer to? I am confused on which boxes am I suppose to check ( I know I sound pretty dork?) for some items?

Thank you for your help.

I want to say special thank you to the people here. Especially Lazycis and jefkorn. You guys not only provide professional advises. More importantly, the encouragement. Everybody here had been through all the frustration with USCIS. And we were (at least I was) unsure about what would happen with the WOM, whether or not I will be able to handle those legal stuff. ‘Mandamus’, ‘Venue’, ‘Summons’, those were like foreign language to me. You guys are here ensuring, encouraging and helping people, made me to believe that I can do it.

We all come to the thread, asking questions, and then after a couple months got what we wanted and leave. But you guys are always here. I can’t express how much I appreciate it.

Congrats Ohreally :D

Congrats Ohreally :D

Thank you mustafa34kc! And thank you for answering my questions. I told myself yesterday that after I am done with this, I will stick around and help others, just like what mustafa34 is doing. But guess I won't be very fluent on the process after all. But I still hope I can stick around at least to encourage people. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes its mean you got GC. Congrats!

Thank you mustafa34kc! And thank you for answering my questions. I told myself yesterday that after I am done with this, I will stick around and help others, just like what mustafa34 is doing. But guess I won't be very fluent on the process after all. But I still hope I can stick around at least to encourage people. :)
You are very welcome ..I have got lots of help from people here and I will be grateful for that I will always try to help as much as I can for sure :)