Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I was referred to this page and did read it. I was just asking about the first point listed under Lawsuit steps on that page. i.e.
1. Contact your Federal District Court and ask for a Civil Case Pro Se package.
I wanted to know what Pro Se package is, what does it contain and if I can get it online or via email in Brooklyn, NY.

b0ond,
See here http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check
And ask questions here on the forum when you are not clear on something. From your sig., it appears that you had the interview, if so then you will file 1447(b) which means that a decision should have been made within 120 days of the interview. This is one of the easiest forms of legal action compared to Writ of Mandamus. People have had great success with it in the past.

Look at 1447(b) templates here:http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Example_document_for_pending_Naturalization_.28N-400.29

I was referred to this page and did read it. I was just asking about the first point listed under Lawsuit steps on that page. i.e.
1. Contact your Federal District Court and ask for a Civil Case Pro Se package.
I wanted to know what Pro Se package is, what does it contain and if I can get it online or via email in Brooklyn, NY.

You can find Pro Se guide for your court here:
http://www.nyed.uscourts.gov/pub/docs/courtforms/generalcmp.pdf

Read pages 1 and 2. Ignore page 3 as it does not apply to you.
Other usefull forms can be found here:

http://www.nyed.uscourts.gov/General_Information/Court_Forms/court_forms.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys how can I find the USCSI defendant names for the National benefits Center, the South Florida and the and the NY region.... I tried on the contact section of the USCSI web page but the only info is just the address.

Thank you for your help

I already have :

Janet Napolitano
Michael Aytes
Robert S Mueller and
Eric H. Holder Jr

Furious

Hi All,

I just learned from Senator's office that my name check actually was completed a year ago, but they did not sent it to USCIS successfully that day due to some system issue:mad:. I wonder how many people actually have the same situation, they are not really stucked at name check, it's all because of the stupid system!!!

I was seriously considering file WOM, now I heard that they put me in Q of interview a month ago. I'm wondering should I continue filing my lawsuit, or just waiting a little longer to see if they will send me IL soon.

Please, any advice are welcomed.

Thanks.

Hey guys how can I find the USCSI defendant names for the National benefits Center, the South Florida and the and the NY region.... I tried on the contact section of the USCSI web page but the only info is just the address.

Thank you for your help

I already have :

Janet Napolitano
Michael Aytes
Robert S Mueller and
Eric H. Holder Jr

If you give us addresses we will give you names. There are several offices in Southern FL and NY. Robert M. Cowan was the director of NBC in 2008. I am not sure if he is still there though. If you do not know the name, you can still name a person as a defendant this way: "Director or USCIS National Benefits Center, in his official capacity".

Hi All,

I just learned from Senator's office that my name check actually was completed a year ago, but they did not sent it to USCIS successfully that day due to some system issue:mad:. I wonder how many people actually have the same situation, they are not really stucked at name check, it's all because of the stupid system!!!

I was seriously considering file WOM, now I heard that they put me in Q of interview a month ago. I'm wondering should I continue filing my lawsuit, or just waiting a little longer to see if they will send me IL soon.

Thanks.

Do not believe a word they say, until you see it in writing. I would hold off on the lawsuit only if you cannot afford spending $350 for filing fee. If you do not file, you may wait another 4-6 months, if you file, you should be done in 2 months max. You may get lucky and be done with it in 2 months without a lawsuit, but why take a chance?

If you give us addresses we will give you names. There are several offices in Southern FL and NY. Robert M. Cowan was the director of NBC in 2008. I am not sure if he is still there though. If you do not know the name, you can still name a person as a defendant this way: "Director or USCIS National Benefits Center, in his official capacity".

Lazy,

I initially filed on NYC zip code 10026, then my case was moved to NBC and now I just moved to Naples, FL zip code 34120, the letter form senator Martinez says that they asked USCSI to move my case to FL.

Thank you for your help

Hi All,

Thanks.

Calisun,

I've been down this road like you, what you describe is exactly the same BS that they used to tell me, I've been fingerprinted 3 times already. is time to act.

Lazy,

I initially filed on NYC zip code 10026, then my case was moved to NBC and now I just moved to Naples, FL zip code 34120, the letter form senator Martinez says that they asked USCSI to move my case to FL.

Thank you for your help

Here you go:

Katherine Patterson, Oakland Park Field Office Director for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Andrea J. Quarantillo, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, New York District Director

Mary Ann Ganter, New York City Field Office Director for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Thanks a lot to Jefkorn, GC_09-2003 and Lazycis. Now I know what's AUSA. I have already signed in PACER, knowing that AUSA has not yet been assigned to my case. Maybe because I have not yet sent the reture service of all Summons back to the court.

One question is that I could not find the place to get electornic notification via email.

Here you go:

Katherine Patterson, Oakland Park Field Office Director for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Andrea J. Quarantillo, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, New York District Director

Mary Ann Ganter, New York City Field Office Director for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Thank you Lazy,

I'll post my draft as soon as I finish and I will bother you again and the others for a feedback.
:)

Cheers

Lazycis, should I name the same as defendants in my case? I am in Brooklyn, zipcode 11235 and my case is with Federal Plaza, NYC District Office.

Here you go:

Lazycis, should I name the same as defendants in my case? I am in Brooklyn, zipcode 11235 and my case is with Federal Plaza, NYC District Office.

I think you need to include these:

Janet Napolitano
Michael Aytes
Robert S Mueller
Eric H. Holder Jr
Andrea J. Quarantillo
Mary Ann Ganter

I'd appreciate if you can give me their detailed information i.e. designation, address etc.

I think you need to include these:

Janet Napolitano
Michael Aytes
Robert S Mueller
Eric H. Holder Jr
Andrea J. Quarantillo
Mary Ann Ganter

I'd appreciate if you can give me their detailed information i.e. designation, address etc.

See this post, it has addresses and other useful info:
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1999454&postcount=16778

Please note that the names in "addresses.doc" are outdated but addresses are the same.

Andrea J. Quarantillo
District Director
USCIS Newark District Office
970 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102

Jacob Javits Federal Building
26 Federal Plaza
New York, NY 10278

Last edited by a moderator:
considering filing WOM - Please provide inputs

Hi,

I filed my N-400 in May 2008 at VSC ...It has been 10 months now and my interviews have been de-scheduled 4 times by the Newark office.

I have opened several service requests..but the only answer I get is "we are actively working on your case and your case is pending an additional review..please contact us after 6 months"..

I have also taken an infopass appointment..and they said me to wait...for how long..? no one has an answer.

I have a straight forward case...and my name check and FP is complete...

I have also contacted the congressman...and they said they will get back to me in the next week or so...

If I do not get a satisfactory response from the congressman, I am considering filing a WOM...as I feel USCIS is sleeping on my case..

Wanted to check with this forum...is that a good move...will it help...or will it cause more frustation...should I go for it..what do you advise....

Let me know...

Thanks.

Lazycis, Why do I need to include District Director, USCIS Newark District Office? I am in Brooklyn and NYC DO has my case. Shouldn't I only be including Director, NYC DO?
From the document and the names you posted I figured out that defendants in my case should be the following. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Attorney General, U. S. Department of Justice
US District Attorney, NYC
Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation
Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Office of Chief Counsel
Director for the U.S. Citizenship , NYC Field Office
New York District Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

I checked my records and it seems that Andrea J. Quarantillo replaced Mary Ann Ganter as New York District Director.

Waiting for 10 months for the oath letter!!

Hi!
I am preparing to file a lawsuit under 1447(b) next week. I live in GA, zip 30024.

Now here is my list of defendants:

1. JANET NAPOLITANO
Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Office of the General Counsel
U. S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D. C. 20528

2. MICHAEL AYTES
Director of the U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Office of Chief Counsel
20 Massachusetts Ave., Room 4025
Washington, D.C. 20529

3. Robert S. Mueller, III
Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

4. ??
District Director, USCIS
2150 Parkdale Drive
Atlanta, GA 30345

I could not find the name of the district director of USCIS in Atlanta. Can someone help me find the name?
Are the above names and addresses current? Can someone please verify?
Do I need to add anyone else in the list?
Thanks a lot!

Marty,

Here is the name
Rosemary L. Melville, USCIS District Director, Atlanta District

You need to include also
Eric Holder Jr, US AG