Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I don't think you need to file Proof of service since you already filed certificate of service with the motion for dismissal.
Hi, Jefkorn,
Today I filed voluntary dismissal and certificate of service with court and sent the copy to AUSA thru certified mail.
Do I need to file Proof of Service with court once this is delivered to AUSA?

We got notices yesterday from court, says that "Status hearing set for 4/21/09". What should we prepare for the hearing? I filed WOM on 2/20/09.

We got notices yesterday from court, says that "Status hearing set for 4/21/09". What should we prepare for the hearing? I filed WOM on 2/20/09.

What district are you in? Anyway, I think AUSA has some explaining to do and I do not think you'll need to talk much.

AUSA assigned to my WOM case

Today, Mark J. Grady as AUSA has been assgined to my WOM case in MA district court. Do any one has any idea how supportive this guy is for WOM cases?

I don't think you need to file Proof of service since you already filed certificate of service with the motion for dismissal.

Thanks Jefkorn. I received confirmation letter from court clerk stating my case is now dismissed and electronic notification is sent to AUSA. As you said, seems I don't need to file proof of service.
Finally my GC journey ended successfully and next NATZ is waiting (5 years from now).

Today, Mark J. Grady as AUSA has been assgined to my WOM case in MA district court. Do any one has any idea how supportive this guy is for WOM cases?

hi, gc_09, I got Eve Pioente Stacey as AUSA and not sure whether she followed-up or beaten the guys at USCIS my case got cleared within a month of filing WOM at Boston. Generally AUSA try to resolve the issue before the 60 days; hopefully your case will be resolved soon.

hopefully your case will be resolved soon.

I hope so.

I really keeping your time frame metrics as a reference and looking for finger printing notice in this week. Optimism has dried as this case has been dragged for looong time..but with your case aproval it is rejuvenating...

What district are you in? Anyway, I think AUSA has some explaining to do and I do not think you'll need to talk much.

We are in Northen District of IllINOIS. I haven't got all my Summoms return notices back.i.e. All the Summons Return of service have not yet set back to the court. Is AUSA means Atoney of USA? Do you know when usually a AUSA would be assigned to our case? How can I know? Many thanks.

Hi, GC_09_2003,

How do you know the AUSA is assigned to your case? by e-mail or by mail?We filed wom on 02/20/09 in Illinos Northen court. I haven't get any AUSA info, but court sent ue the notices for court hearing on 04/21/09.

Hi Shugemama,
ASUA means Assistant United States Attorney. See here http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1942393&postcount=15891 for details. I'm not sure if I can generalize how soon an AUSA is assigned to a case but I have seen it the very next day to may be longer than couple of weeks. If you have signed up in PACER, you can see all the events related to your case and even get electronic notifications via email if you sign up for ECF account at your court. Alternatively, you can call court clerk and ask what's the update on your case or specifically ask if the AUSA has been assigned and his/her name etc.

We are in Northen District of IllINOIS. I haven't got all my Summoms return notices back.i.e. All the Summons Return of service have not yet set back to the court. Is AUSA means Atoney of USA? Do you know when usually a AUSA would be assigned to our case? How can I know? Many thanks.

You are all set!! Enjoy :D
Thanks Jefkorn. I received confirmation letter from court clerk stating my case is now dismissed and electronic notification is sent to AUSA. As you said, seems I don't need to file proof of service.
Finally my GC journey ended successfully and next NATZ is waiting (5 years from now).

Hi, GC_09_2003,

How do you know the AUSA is assigned to your case? by e-mail or by mail?We filed wom on 02/20/09 in Illinos Northen court. I haven't get any AUSA info, but court sent ue the notices for court hearing on 04/21/09.

Hi Shugemama,
As Jefkorn mentioned, I got AUSA info through electornic notification via email. In my acse as well as "hereismygc" case, AUSA has been assigned in 3 weeks after WOM is filed. Incidently both of ours cases are in MA district court. I believe it depneds more on US Attorney than the court to assign AUSA as they have 60 days time frame to act. As Jefkorn suggested, you call court clerk & enquire. Best wishes.

Guys !! I have a question. What is Civil Case Pro Se package? Do I need to go to Court and get it? Or is it something I can get over the internet or via mail?

Lazycis

Thanks a Million, for your opinion, Def. I'll wait for one response and I'll get busy with USCIS.

I'll post once I'm ready.

You should've filed WOM long time ago. I mean, all those EAD extensions add up...
As for your questions, here are the answers:
1) I do not know, USCIS is not predictable regarding times. Do not worry about it.
2) If this is the first time you wrote them, wait for at least one response from any of them.
3) Definitely no. File ASAP and become a green card holder within 1-2 months of filing.

OK, I finally received response from the FBI after I filed FOI and came back with a beautiful "NO RECORDS", I also received answer from Senator Mel Martinez telling me that they have asked USCSI to move the case from NY to FL, I never received answer from OMBDMAN but !who cares! I'm sooo ready to take on them.
Today I got my pro-se package from US district Court Southern District of FL.
I will post my draft probably this week so I'm going to ask feedback from the gurus.
Thank you

Guys !! I have a question. What is Civil Case Pro Se package? Do I need to go to Court and get it? Or is it something I can get over the internet or via mail?

Usually you can get it from your court website, but my advice is to ignore it. It may be confusing (it was for me), we can usually provide a better explanation/guide for the process.

I am sorry, I am lost. Can you please guide me or point to a link explaining what the process is?

Usually you can get it from your court website, but my advice is to ignore it. It may be confusing (it was for me), we can usually provide a better explanation/guide for the process.

Finally I got my GC welcome notice yesterday. Thanks for this thread to give me the support to file WOM. 6 weeks after intention to sue my case got approved.

b0ond,
See here http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check
And ask questions here on the forum when you are not clear on something. From your sig., it appears that you had the interview, if so then you will file 1447(b) which means that a decision should have been made within 120 days of the interview. This is one of the easiest forms of legal action compared to Writ of Mandamus. People have had great success with it in the past.

Look at 1447(b) templates here:http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Example_document_for_pending_Naturalization_.28N-400.29

I am sorry, I am lost. Can you please guide me or point to a link explaining what the process is?

Last edited by a moderator: