Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

In that case I am ready to file the lawsuit. Can you please point me in the direction on how to get started and how and where to file? Do I need a lawyer or can I do it at my own?
What do you think about USCIS reinitiating background checks? Can they tell the court they need more time like they sent me the letter stating they need another 6 months? They can always say they are actively processing the case but need more time, of course 120 days time limit is up.

If you filled N-400 on your own, you can file 1447b suit yourself. We are here to answer all questions. Follow the steps outlined here:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Lawsuit_steps
Use one of the templates posted in wiki:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Example_document_for_pending_Naturalization_.28N-400.29

Congrats. Did you get the plastic Card or just letter?

Thanks GC_09; just the letter. I'm not much worried about card anyway they will send it sooner or later; all I want is approval and confirmation, which they did. If there is delay in card, will go for IP and get stamped.
Anyway, I'm not going to dismiss my case for next 2 weeks, let me see what the AUSA is saying. I never called her or anything, only I received letter that AUSA assigned and her detail.

Hopefully everyone waiting in line will get it soon.

Hi hereismygc,
Congratulations and best wishes for your future. Courts have had it with USCIS. Great job :)

Thanks jefkorn. All the experts information helped me to learn, understand, draft and prepare the WOM and file it. Otherwise I would have spend thousands of $$$s to some lawyer and making him/her rich.
Now I learnt the process so this may help in-case if the same scenario occurs for my next CITIZENSHIP process (which is 5 years away anyway).

thanks again for your help.

Congrats! I do agree that we pay USCIS enough money to get fast and friendly service. At least they do not waste our money by fighting WOM in court anymore.

Thanks lazycis; I really appreciate expert information and help you guys/gals provided during my WOM process.
thanks again.

I did experience the same issue. It took about a month or so to receive them back. If the online tracking systems shows your letters have been delivered, I would print that page and take it as a proof of delivery. The court here accepted the printed page with no signature as proof of delivery

Thank you. I just called the USPS customer service, they told me if there is no update on Thursday this week, they would try to find where the mail goes. I will do as you said once the online tracking system has the delivery info.

Card Received

guys/gals,

I can't believe I received my card today. I didn't receive any email or anything; went for 2nd FP on 02/24/09 and seems very next day (02/25/09) they are done with my case; yesterday (i.e., 03/02/09) received "welcoming permanent resident" date 02/25/09, today (i.e., 03/03/09) received my card in my hand.
Seems like my AUSA really wants to close my case. I'll call her tomorrow and thank her and then again has to dismiss my case.

thanks again all.

hereismygc, that's awesome :) that was quick :)

b0nd, don't waste more time. 3 months ago I was wondering if it would work for me. Well it did as it's completed for me :) and I'm happy I didn't postpone filing WOM. The people in this thread, lazycis & jefkron will be there for you. Answers were always prompt and great advice.

mustafa34kc, next week en?

I just wanted to thank people at this forum for a very good lesson. It is not just that I got my Citizenship due to these discussions, and learning how to write WOM and proceed with the case in the court. It was proved what was said and experienced here by some and many: “success has bias to action.” Especially thanks to lazicis and jefcorn. As a sign of gratitude or support for this site, I would transfer to you directly, or organizers of this site some donation, if there are ways to do it, and if it could be accepted

WOM filed, San Francisco court: Oct 24, 2008
Citizen: Dec 14, 2008

P.S. Also thanks to USCIS. Without them this lesson would also not be possible :)

Hi hereismygc,
That's wonderful! It's a great feeling to finally have that plastic in hand. Congratulations :)
guys/gals,

I can't believe I received my card today. I didn't receive any email or anything; went for 2nd FP on 02/24/09 and seems very next day (02/25/09) they are done with my case; yesterday (i.e., 03/02/09) received "welcoming permanent resident" date 02/25/09, today (i.e., 03/03/09) received my card in my hand.
Seems like my AUSA really wants to close my case. I'll call her tomorrow and thank her and then again has to dismiss my case.

thanks again all.

hereismygc, that's awesome :) that was quick :)

b0nd, don't waste more time. 3 months ago I was wondering if it would work for me. Well it did as it's completed for me :) and I'm happy I didn't postpone filing WOM. The people in this thread, lazycis & jefkron will be there for you. Answers were always prompt and great advice.

mustafa34kc, next week en?

Actually the week after ..13 more days. I went to see my lawyer and I told her about filing the WOM. She told me since I sued USCIS, I should expect them to be a bit difficult with me. I am not sure if she was pissed off that I did the WOM or not. I had to pay her an additional fee so she can come with me to the interview. She did not think she needed to be there but I wanted her to be there just incase they get nasty with me...

Way to go, Waterman. Welcome to US Citizenship.
:D:D:D

Thanks Mr Vertigo and Cregan. I appreciate your encouragements.
This board has given me hope many times when I felt like giving up, so I go up and write a new letter or schedule an infopass...etc.

Some distinguished people I want to recognize:

- Lazycis
- Bobsmyth
- rick92
- Cregan
- Mr Vertigo
- Cybex
- JohnnyCash
- Publicus (The Pioneer)
- Saral

Thanks and Best of luck.

mustafa34kc, don't worry. I think that my interview went well because of WOM. I was allowed to have myh usband with me during the interview. the IO asked if I had a lawyer, he had the representative documents that my former lawyer messed put when he filed the removal of representation. He had filed the removal for the green card application. Ya he was lost. I beleive I got my Oath letter dated the same day because of the WOM. I am just so happy that we let our former lawyer go.

MichaelM, good point. If there is anyway that I can contribute or donate I will :)

mustafa34kc, don't worry. I think that my interview went well because of WOM. I was allowed to have myh usband with me during the interview. the IO asked if I had a lawyer, he had the representative documents that my former lawyer messed put when he filed the removal of representation. He had filed the removal for the green card application. Ya he was lost. I beleive I got my Oath letter dated the same day because of the WOM. I am just so happy that we let our former lawyer go.

MichaelM, good point. If there is anyway that I can contribute or donate I will :)

I am tryin not to get worried about the whole thing ..but you know how things go, the closer the date, the more nervous I am getting ..I am hoping the WOM will actually help me for sure :)

Last Update

Yesterday I received the plastic card! I guess time has come to file notice of voluntary dismissal. Need I send it to the cort clerk and a copy to the AUSA?

Amazing it took just 2 months since the date of WOM filing. Thanks to all, esp lazycis, jefkorn.

Voluntary dismissal; Any sample?

Congrats Watertown! I too need to file voluntary dismissal. Is there any format or anything out there which I can use it?

Case Dismissal

Hi watertown, Good news just keeps coming. Congratulations !
Hi hereismygc, Have a look here

Hope that helps!

Hi, Jefkorn,
Today I filed voluntary dismissal and certificate of service with court and sent the copy to AUSA thru certified mail.
Do I need to file Proof of Service with court once this is delivered to AUSA?