Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Lazycis and others,

After mailing the original complaint to all the defendants and AUSA, do I have to send the subsequent requests (like MTD, MSJ, Motion for hearing, etc) to all the defendants OR just send a copy only to AUSA. Please advice…

OK-Boy

To AUSA only.

Lazycis and other,

If we file the “Proof of Service” by person in court then do we need to ask for an evidence for that; I mean do I have to ask the clerk to put the received signature on the copy for my record. Please advice…

OK-Boy

An update on my case. I received interview letter today. Its printed on a plain paper and was generated yesterday so it looks like someone manually generated it, printed it on a plain paper. The interview is scheduled on the day two days after my 2nd fingerprint appointment.

Congrats on getting your IL mka! and thanks for your encouragement.

Lazycis and other,

If we file the “Proof of Service” by person in court then do we need to ask for an evidence for that; I mean do I have to ask the clerk to put the received signature on the copy for my record. Please advice…

OK-Boy

No, it will stay in your docket.

Folks what do you think about my question on how to approach AUSA regarding my spouse's AOS?

jefkorn,

I am not expert in WOM so I can't answer your other questions, but I would think prefer method to contact AUSA will be written. I would try to avoid talking on the phone as you will not have prove of what she/he "promised". But you will have to be careful of what you write as well so that you don't say things that will jeopardize your case.

Thanks lazycis and eg0788, I was thinking on similar lines. Email is better. I don't know if I should mention the RFE business and related details like I am going to respond or I have responded (depending on when I send the email to AUSA and whether I would have sent the response or not) and CIS should be able to adjudicate her AOS and lets file for an extension until my wife's AOS is adjudicated or just let AUSA know that my wife's AOS is still pending and wait for what she says and plan next move accordingly?

Should amending the complaint be mentioned upfront or mention later if AUSA doesn't cooperate based on the fact that original Complaint didn't include my wife as named plaintiff and adjudication of her AOS was not asked in prayer?

I think e-mail is preferable to AUSA. So try e-mail first and if you do not get a response try a phone call. Do not be afraid, they are ordinary people working for us :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think both are safe but if you file in person, it's faster. Also check if your court has the drop box facility where you can drop documents even after hours and get the receipt at the time of dropping the documents. Don't worry, court won't mess up your on "roof of service". Just make sure that you follow up if you don't see the proof of service entry in PACER or ECF because some time the judge's clerk may take some time before they actually scan it but even in that case the date of filing is going to be when court actually received your proof of service and not when the entry was made in the docket.
So in your opinion; which method is the safest to file the "Proof of service"...By mail or by person. I can manage to do both without much problem involved...

I got my oath today!!

Finally, my journey for the process is over!! I got my oath ceremony today!!

I want to thank Lazycis, OK-Boy and other friends here for your generous help and support!!

I also wish all the people who are still working on their cases good luck!!

Thanks!!!

Congratulations; you really deserve it...

I want to thank Lazycis, OK-Boy and other friends here for their generous help and support!!

Thanks!!!

Congratulations and then one wonders if it could have been over by itself if one could have waited long enough. Probably not! Destiny favors action(pun intended :D )

I want to thank Lazycis, OK-Boy and other friends here for your generous help and support!!

Thanks!!!

This may not even be the right forum but i am wondering if someone can point in the right direction:

If the I-485 application of an asylum holder gets denied, does that automatically trigger revocation of asylum, or how exactly does it work? Can they move right into removal, or how do they reconcile denial of green card with valid asylum? or is denial of green card grounds for revocation? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

This may not even be the right forum but i am wondering if someone can point in the right direction:

If the I-485 application of an asylum holder gets denied, does that automatically trigger revocation of asylum, or how exactly does it work? Can they move right into removal, or how do they reconcile denial of green card with valid asylum? or is denial of green card grounds for revocation? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

It's usually the other way around. I-485 denial should have no effect on asylum status. I-485 is a discretionary relief so denial does not mean a whole lot. You are free to submit new I-485.

Cover letter for responding to RFE

1. Please look at the attached cover letter that I plan to use when responding RFE on my wife's AOS. Let me know what's lacking or what more could be added.

2. I will be sending response to RFE overnight. USCIS advises to use a different address for overnight deliveries so I think I should use following address instead of the one given on the RFE envelope that came from USCIS. Right?

USCIS,
Nebraska Service Center,
850 S Street
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68508

Thanks

1. Please look at the attached cover letter that I plan to use when responding RFE on my wife's AOS. Let me know what's lacking or what more could be added.

2. I will be sending response to RFE overnight. USCIS advises to use a different address for overnight deliveries so I think I should use following address instead of the one given on the RFE envelope that came from USCIS. Right?

USCIS,
Nebraska Service Center,
850 S Street
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68508

Thanks
#6.Copy of discount retailer BJs membership card jointly held with my husband :
I am not sure if joint retailer's membership will be helpful as anyone can get it. If you have any life insurance and your spouse is beneficiary of the insurance that would be stronger proof of relationship than a store membership.

#3. Sworn affidavits from my father, mother and uncle:
Is it just one affidavit? If there are more than one affidavits then you might want to list them separately.

mka,
Thanks for your suggestions.
#6.Copy of discount retailer BJs membership card jointly held with my husband :
I am not sure if joint retailer's membership will be helpful as anyone can get it. If you have any life insurance and your spouse is beneficiary of the insurance that would be stronger proof of relationship than a store membership.

#3. Sworn affidavits from my father, mother and uncle:
Is it just one affidavit? If there are more than one affidavits then you might want to list them separately.

I understand that you have been scheduled for a naturalization interview on October 7, 2008. As we discussed I have enclosed a consent order for your review. A copy is being sent by mail as well. If the order is agreeable, please sign and return to me in the envelope provided with the mailed copy.

Could someone care to comment on the above email from AUSA? :)