Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

ctz

anil24 said:
Filed for AOS - marriage to a USC on 12/2003
Fingerprint - 2/2004
Interview - approved pending FBI results 3/2004

Still waiting?? Have applied for advance parole and EAD twice. Have visited the USCIS San Jose offices about 5 times. Each time I am told that they can request FBI only once a year.

Have just penned a letter to the Senator, FOIA application to FBI. Wondering if I should sue or not?

If you are planning to become a citizen, then maybe you can skip it and apply for you citizenship in December since you only need to wait for 3 years.
I heard someone has got already her citizenship but has never seen her GC card.

Is it true, do you have any documentation?. i've applied my i-485 in 28 AUG 2003, since then i have been waiting. contacted congressmen, senator numerous phone calls no use. when i read this post now i am seeing some ling somewhere nearer.

IreneB,
Did you call this attorney : Gregory Romanovsky

28Aug2003 said:
IreneB,
Did you call this attorney : Gregory Romanovsky

Yes. Do you need his number?
He said it will cost $2K + $350 court fee, if the case doesn't go to court. If it does go to court (which is unlikely) it will be additional $3-4K.

Just now left voice mail, i am little bit worrying can he handle NJ state case or not, lets see. if he calls i would like to proceed can't wait so long.
Thanks for your help.

update on my 1447

Hello

I filed a response to the motion to dissmiss on 9/12/2006. today 9/18/2006 the jude filed an order of referel . he reffered the case to a magistrate judge for report and recommendations, he gave him 60 days to resolve the case.

what do u guys think ? does it sound like this thing may get resolved without further complications or shall find an attorney?

Thanks a lot for all your help

filed a lawsuit on last Friday

My AOS case is pending for more than 3 years because of the name check. I got an RFE last month. Was hoping that meant the cleanrance of the security checks. However, when I called CIS, they told me that my security checks were still pending. With the help of this thread, I went to my district Court (San Diego) last Friday, filed my complaint, and served the summons to the US district attorney on the same day in person. Hopeful I will have a good result, as most of the guys here. :)

Intention to Sue

Hi friends:

some of earlier posting suggested that send an intention to sue letter
would sometime help. Which party it should sent to? US attorney? or USCIS?

Thanks
Skyhigh

skyhigh7 said:
Hi friends:

some of earlier posting suggested that send an intention to sue letter
would sometime help. Which party it should sent to? US attorney? or USCIS?

Thanks
Skyhigh

The letter requesting the clearance of your name check with intention to sue if things keep dragging should be sent to USCIS. The US attorney only gets involved when things come his/her way, meaning once you actuall file a lawsuit and serve him/her.

Questions

Does any one know how to transfer an Adjustment of Application to a different state if you move?

I have recently moved to Texas and planning to transfer my case to Texas.

Has any one here in this thread filed Writ of Mandamus in Texas, what were the out comes?

Any one who would like to share will be appreciated.

Thank you,

ApplyInDenver said:
If you are planning to become a citizen, then maybe you can skip it and apply for you citizenship in December since you only need to wait for 3 years.
I heard someone has got already her citizenship but has never seen her GC card.

Hi ApplyInDenver,

This may apply to me as well as I got married to USC on March 2004. Can we apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage? Can you plase point me to a website where I could dig more details around this rule?

Thanks, LAmorocco.

LAmorocco said:
The letter requesting the clearance of your name check with intention to sue if things keep dragging should be sent to USCIS. The US attorney only gets involved when things come his/her way, meaning once you actuall file a lawsuit and serve him/her.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have another question about sending out summons. I presume we write one defendant in each summons, for example for summons sent to Michael Chertoff, only list him as defendant, but not Robert S. Mueller. Is this correct? or you list every defendant in each summons you sent out?

But how about the summons copy sent to District attorney? copy of each one? or all defendants in one summons?

Skyhigh

anyone filed intention to sue, pls share your experience

LAmorocco said:

Hi, Everyone:

If anyone sent intention to sue to USCIS before you actually file, please share your experience. I am thinking of this, but not sure if this is useful, or just wait till clock expires. Mine is N400 application, 120 days expire on Oct 9th.

Thanks
Skyhigh

skyhigh7 said:
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have another question about sending out summons. I presume we write one defendant in each summons, for example for summons sent to Michael Chertoff, only list him as defendant, but not Robert S. Mueller. Is this correct? or you list every defendant in each summons you sent out?

But how about the summons copy sent to District attorney? copy of each one? or all defendants in one summons?

Skyhigh

Some of the very first posts by Publicus explain the process. I am also trying to get familiar with this whole process as I intend to file 1447 (b) as pro se.

From the post I read so far, it says to write one defendant for each summon. The other defendant don't need to know your other defendants. But, copies of all summons should be sent to the US attorney. Actually, any time you file something with court (correspondance with USCIS, FBI, Congressman or whatever) you need to send a copy (certified mail) to US attorney and you need to file the returned receipt with court.