Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

In my case the Application Number has never worked. Anytime I type it in that little window, I get a message that I have entered the wrong number. I called the Information Line once and they had to ask me for my Alien # and the same happens when I go to my local office to get updates. Someone told me once that they were not updating information on N-400 cases...

gzmbk1 said:
I've noticed that some of you were able to view the status of the pending N400 application online after the lawsuit.

I went to check on my status and suddenly i got a hit with a decent response. Before it used to say that no such records are in the database or something to that extent.

then I tried it again and the results came up as not having any records of my application.

has anyone experienced that behaviour? once giving a status and after 5 minutes going back and trying again and getting no status?

I'm almost positive I put the correct case number, but just wanna make sure if you guys noticed that behaviour

I hope I'm not buggin out or hallucinating

Hi there,

I am down here in Miami. You would have to name the director of the Miami District Office because all you have up there in Jacksonville is a "sub Office". Check this link out:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/miami/aboutus.htm

You would have had to add the name of Mr. Jack Bulger, but the problem is that he has been gone for a while and they have not updated the information in the system. An Information Agent at the Miami Naturalization Office who did not score high on my scale of reliability informed me that they have not filled Mr. Bulger's position. After I pressed a bit for more information, she grudgingly gave me the name of ANDREA QURANTILLA as the current Acting Director until a new director is assigned to the vacant position.

Einmalig

gzmbk1 said:
The US district attorney for florida is different, so is your district USCIS director. The rest of the people should be the same.

Can't you download the PRO Se package from the Florida US district court webpage? You should at least be able to download a documents that tells you on how to file a Pro Se for your district. At least that's what I did here in Maryland.

hope it helps a little

Einmalig said:
In my case the Application Number has never worked. Anytime I type it in that little window, I get a message that I have entered the wrong number. I called the Information Line once and they had to ask me for my Alien # and the same happens when I go to my local office to get updates. Someone told me once that they were not updating information on N-400 cases...

You're probably right. I'm no longer able to query my case online. Must of being a typo that a did and got somebody else's update.

In the plus side is that yesterday I got scheduled for a 2nd fingerprint. At least it gives a sense that somebody decided to look at the case. that's what I was hoping to find out by querying my case online.

for those who got the 2nd fingerprint done, how were you able to find out if your name check got cleared the 2nd time around and how long did it take?

Barxotka said:
Thank you for your advice but i can not find on the US district court website for North Florida Pro Se package for downloading. Is there any way that it called by different name? Also the clerk told me very clearly that they don't have it anymore and Local Rules state that we don't have to even file a cover letter. May be something has changed since 2005 and to file a lawsuit you need less documents?

I am living northern district of FL. Please check the linke below:
http://www.flnd.uscourts.gov/forms/index.cfm
Under Pro Se (Non -prisoner) Civil rights complaints.
Here is the US attorney link and it looks like Jaxsonville belong to middle district.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/offices/index.html#f

I filed my WOM and did include Jacksonville officer-in-charge. I do not know if that's correct or not. Now my case has been handled by US attorney.
Hope this helps. Best wishes!

fightback said:
I am living northern district of FL. Please check the linke below:
http://www.flnd.uscourts.gov/forms/index.cfm
Under Pro Se (Non -prisoner) Civil rights complaints.
Here is the US attorney link and it looks like Jaxsonville belong to middle district.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/offices/index.html#f

I filed my WOM and did include Jacksonville officer-in-charge. I do not know if that's correct or not. Now my case has been handled by US attorney.
Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Thank you but Jacksonville belong to Middle District of Florida. Here is the link http://www.flmd.uscourts.gov/ but i don't see Pro Se package. May be they removed it on purpose so no one can follow the correct steps?

mohamedmohamed said:
thank you very much , this is exactly what i was looking for, and despite the difference in the circumstances, the application of the court ruling is definiltely the same.
my next step i will try to get the court ruling , and analysis, and then i will see how can i adopted it to my case.
this is another step in the right direction, i think uscis owes us the time we spent waiting, and after they acknowledge the clealiness of our background/name check , or whatever you cal it, they owe us that time, and it should be counted toward any physical , or residence time requirement, this could turn into some huge.
just imagine if everyone who have been waiting for loinger than, 3 years , will get his citizenship and green card at thesame time? how sweet would that be?

I think you are on the right track. Start to look at that because if you don't act now, when court grants your case, it is time for your N-400.

I think we should start a new thread to see how many people will sign up for class action. This would definitely demonstrate a common interest as required by the class action lawsuit. Be aware that class action lawsuit takes about 2-3 years so now is the right time...

iam in jax too

hello

i am in jax, fl . I filed 1447b ob june 01.

As the clerck told you, they do not have PRo SE packages any more.

All what I did is prepare the case from similar cases in this forum. No Cover sheet , the clerck said that if you file Pro se , you do not need a cover sheet and fees are $350

I had as defendents : Alberto Gonzales, United States Attorney General, US Department of justice;

Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security;

Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services;

Robert S. Mueller, Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation;

Louise Germain, local Jacksonville district officer, U.S. Citizenship and immigration Services

and I served all of them plus the Local AUS , it is Paul Perez

I got a Second fingerprint from USCI on 06/19/06 and Iam waiting

I called AUS and they said that they have my case and that they still have till the end of the month and as i said ian just waiting either for a Oath letter or a call from AUS
I stil did not get all the delivery receipts, so iam waiting for retun of service so I can file that with the court.

The advice I will give you is if you have any questions just call the court at 549-1900 and if you do not get any help from one clerck , just call again and you probably get someone taht knows better
If you have any question, please ask and I will be happy to help
Good Luck

Summons did not reach.

My summons reached to Mark Hansen , USCIS Cleveland director and i served the local AUS also.

But while trying to deliver it to Robert S. Mueller III, Director of FBI. and Alberto R. Gonzales; USPS has updated their site as

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:16 am on July 07, 2006 in WASHINGTON, DC 20530 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Does it happen normally that they dont accept the letters in the first go or my summons will come back???? Does anybody have to send it again.

I am still waiting for the results on Micheal chertoff and Emilio T. Gonzalez.... Which of these are important to reach??????

Gr33nCard said:
My summons reached to Mark Hansen , USCIS Cleveland director and i served the local AUS also.

But while trying to deliver it to Robert S. Mueller III, Director of FBI. and Alberto R. Gonzales; USPS has updated their site as

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:16 am on July 07, 2006 in WASHINGTON, DC 20530 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Does it happen normally that they dont accept the letters in the first go or my summons will come back???? Does anybody have to send it again.

I am still waiting for the results on Micheal chertoff and Emilio T. Gonzalez.... Which of these are important to reach??????

Holly crap, Chertoff and Gonzales switched jobs and didn't leave a forwarding address! :)

In all seriousness though, I think that as long as the district attorney is served, you should be alright.

K

RealSuperK said:
Holly crap, Chertoff and Gonzales switched jobs and didn't leave a forwarding address! :)

In all seriousness though, I think that as long as the district attorney is served, you should be alright.

K

Did you mean District USCIS director when you said district Attorney????

said904 said:
hello

i am in jax, fl . I filed 1447b ob june 01.

The advice I will give you is if you have any questions just call the court at 549-1900 and if you do not get any help from one clerck , just call again and you probably get someone taht knows better
If you have any question, please ask and I will be happy to help
Good Luck

Thank you!! Thank you for names. the information you have provided is very helpful. I contacted the clerk yesterday and she said that she will mail me the petition that I need to file, i will have to write all of my information and then get a money order for $350. I am going to wait for petition but i saw some examples on this website and I probably just use them.

I have two questions for you if you don't mind:

1. Did you file in person and if yes - where did you go (Hogan Street)?
2. I need to file the only one document:
PETITION FOR HEARING ON NATURALIZATION APPLICATION UNDER 8 U.S.C. § 1447(b) ?
3. After I will get summons by mail - I will need to send them to those "nice" people you have mentioned in you post?

Thank you!!!! and Good luck to you as well.

How my case worked

buggin said:
Eastbayer,
Sorry about the mess the CIS is putting you through. If it helps at all, my case is not cleaner than yours. :)
I'll take your advice and will start bugging the US Atty. I think they can ask the judge to sign the dismissal order. How long should that take? Read two lines and sign it.....
Good luck to you.

Hi buggin,

I just dug out the records and this is the timeline:

1) I faxed the US Att. the signed Stipulation to dismiss and (proposed) order at 8 am;
2) US Att. signed the same document and filed it with the SFCourt at 1:54 pm the same day;
3)The Judge signed and filed it on 6/8.

So it did not need that much time to go through the process. Before I signed the dismissal stipulation by the US Att., I also asked to change the wording into "USCIS is now prepared to grant approval of plaintiff's....", and I was told they had to consult USCIS first. Two hours later, they got back to me and said it was OK to change. As for the oath invitation, several members here said it came rather quickly, within a couple of days after the the case dismissal. But I did not get mine after two weeks. Then I called US Att. again, since I would be out of town soon. She said she would check with USCIS and two days later she told me a letter was just mailed to me. Should I want to argue, 7/11 would be already more than 30 days from the day I signed the dismissal stipulation. Anyway, I am glad that it is almost there. The whole procedure is not really complicated, just a few signatures and somebody has to print out a letter...but they do need a push from time to time.

Good luck to you :)

Barxotka said:
Thank you for your advice but i can not find on the US district court website for North Florida Pro Se package for downloading. Is there any way that it called by different name? Also the clerk told me very clearly that they don't have it anymore and Local Rules state that we don't have to even file a cover letter. May be something has changed since 2005 and to file a lawsuit you need less documents?
Barxotka,

Here is the URL for the District Court Northern District of Florida:
http://www.flnd.uscourts.gov/

Go to "Forms and Publications" (left-side navigation bar).
Go to "Pro Se/Prisoner." Don't worry about the "prisoner" thing. There are documents that can be used by non-prisoner civil litigants. You can find the Certificate of Service form.

Also read through the local rules. They have a lot of useful information.

I agree that the web site is not very user friendly. My district court has a whole handbook that is very useful for the pro se litigants. I guess every court is different.

Good luck.

Gr33nCard said:

Gr33nCard,

The most important person to serve is the US Attorney. Of course, you will need some kind of proof that you served the defendants as well.

I am pretty much sure that this happened because you requested signatures. If a signature is requested, the USPS needs someone to accept the package, they can't just leave it there. They leave a notice saying that they tried to deliver a package and that they will try to redeliver again. After a 2d try, they usually tell the recepient to come and pick it up. I don't think that anybody from the FBI office is going to do that.

In my case, I didn't request signatures. When I got the USPS delivery confirmations, I printed them out and filed with the court together with the Certificate of Service.

If the USPS is going to return tha package to you, mail it again via certified mail and don't request a signature.

Good luck.

Eastbayer said:
Hi buggin,

I just dug out the records and this is the timeline:

1) I faxed the US Att. the signed Stipulation to dismiss and (proposed) order at 8 am;
2) US Att. signed the same document and filed it with the SFCourt at 1:54 pm the same day;
3)The Judge signed and filed it on 6/8.

Good luck to you :)
Thanks, Eastbayer, for your timeline. It helps. It means that it doesn't have to take such a long time for my stipulation to get signed off.
I'll start bugging the US Atty.

In case, some dumb U.S. Attorney file to argue about jurisdiction (I heard some of them actually did.), there is a document that you can look into and it is pretty detailed....

/9Hi guys,
i am new here, was reading a lot and feel very happy to find you. I am one of unlucky ones who's N400 is pending due to 'name check'. I had an interview in May of 2005 in San Diego.I am ready to file a lawsuit, but i need more detailed information. My questions are : does anybody has this experience in San Diego? where do i find forms? I'll be very thankful for any information and /or advise.

My details:
N400 filed -12/2004
!-st FP - 1/2005
interview -5/12/2005
FOIPA -"no records" - 9/2005
Congresswoman S Davis - no help -10/2005

xvistik said:
/9Hi guys,
i am new here, was reading a lot and feel very happy to find you. I am one of unlucky ones who's N400 is pending due to 'name check'. I had an interview in May of 2005 in San Diego.I am ready to file a lawsuit, but i need more detailed information. My questions are : does anybody has this experience in San Diego? where do i find forms? I'll be very thankful for any information and /or advise.

My details:
N400 filed -12/2004
!-st FP - 1/2005
interview -5/12/2005
FOIPA -"no records" - 9/2005
Congresswoman S Davis - no help -10/2005
Here is a link to the District Court of the Southern District of California (in San Diego):
http://www.casd.uscourts.gov/

Take a look at court rules, filing procedures, and forms. Don't wait any longer.

Good luck.