Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Just received letter from USCIS.

It's Form N-445 - Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony. Looks like a copy and on the bottom there are page numbers, but they only sent me page 1 or 3 and page 2 of 3.

Anyway Naturalization Oath Ceremony is scheduled for next Friday which is Friday the 13th! :)

And they said - dress accordingly. Seriously?

friday-the-13th-reboot-planned-for-2015-149618-a-1385536466-470-75.jpg
Good job, Sergey! Congratulations!

Good job, Sergey! Congratulations!

Thanks man! I still can't realize this saga will be over next Friday. Long journey.

Today realized I need to buy socks and shirt. Means more spendings lol.

BTW what did you wear at Oath Ceremony? I watched few videos - ppl mostly wear suits, but I noticed some came wearing pretty informal clothing. Fortunately it will be at least warm enough.

Hello Guys,
I have a quick question.. Can I file 447b while I am overseas ? I mean can I start and send my paper to the court while I am in my country with my wife and my kid? I am planning to stay over 4 months.. Please help guys.

You might said that why don't you file your law suit after coming back to USA? Well, yes, I am coming back to USA but only for few weeks and come back to my wife because we are having new baby.

Hello Guys,
I have a quick question.. Can I file 447b while I am overseas ? I mean can I start and send my paper to the court while I am in my country with my wife and my kid? I am planning to stay over 4 months.. Please help guys.

You might said that why don't you file your law suit after coming back to USA? Well, yes, I am coming back to USA but only for few weeks and come back to my wife because we are having new baby.
I'm not sure about the local law of where you live. In SoCal, lawyers are required to e-file and if you are filing yourself, you will have to be present to file in person. Since my lawyer is filing the case, I haven't done much except meeting with my lawyer and giving him a check. If you are busy, I think you should consult a lawyer and let them handle your case. I still monitor my case through parcermonitor, and talk to my lawyer via email and bug him if something is not right though.

Update on my case: We only received 3 green letters so far and we are still waiting for other 4 letters.
Today I received this letter from the Court:
The Court intends to handle this case without unreasonable delay and with due regard for

security issues and Congressional intent. The Court finds that if an applicant might present a

security issue, it’s important that the issue be identified and resolved promptly. Accordingly,

the Court is inclined to exercise jurisdiction and follow the procedures used elsewhere in the

Ninth Circuit, as described in Aslam v. Gonzales, No. C06-614MJP, 2006 WL 3749905, at *2

(W.D. Wash. Dec. 19, 2006).

This case is held in abeyance for 60 days while the FBI completes a name check. The parties

are to file a joint status report updating the Court on the status of the application and name

check no later than 60 days from the date of this order. If the FBI name check has not been

completed at that time, the Government must appear on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.

to show cause why naturalization should not immediately occur.
I find it's strange that court already preemptively ordered even though not all defendants received their summons. My lawyer said that we shouldn't object since we won't a much success in objection. Let's see what USCIS answer in the next 2 months.

Finally it's over!

Yesterday I received my certificate of naturalization!

It's been almost 6 years since I arrived here as a winner of GC lottery.

Ceremony was pretty standard. I already checked few videos on YouTube before. The was one guest who spoke A LOT about voting. Probably he was recently re-elected somewhere. I noticed there were people from many many different countries there. That's really cool!

But now I'm feeling a bit empty and tired. Still can't realize that now I not just a visitor or resident, but an American citizen. Can I call myself an American? :D

My next step is to get a Passport. I read I have to submit an original certificate of naturalization. I hope they (USPS) won't loose it.

Guys, thank you for your support and any help that I got here! Personally thank you nickoxx! You are the man!

I know that it was a right decision to file a complaint against USCIS.

If you are still deciding whether or not to file - do it! Do not hesitate or regret! Regret only about things you could do, but didn't.

Rocky-Balboa-steps-008.jpg

Finally it's over!

Ceremony was pretty standard. I already checked few videos on YouTube before. The was one guest who spoke A LOT about voting. Probably he was recently re-elected somewhere. I noticed there were people from many many different countries there. That's really cool!

But now I'm feeling a bit empty and tired. Still can't realize that now I not just a visitor or resident, but an American citizen. Can I call myself an American? :D

My next step is to get a Passport. I read I have to submit an original certificate of naturalization. I hope they (USPS) won't loose it.

Guys, thank you for your support and any help that I got here! Personally thank you nickoxx! You are the man!

If you are still deciding whether or not to file - do it! Do not hesitate or regret! Regret only about things you could do, but didn't.

Congrats! I'm happy to see another victory case! Enjoy the citizenship! I am hoping to be in your shoes soon :)

Finally it's over!

Congratulations, Sergey! Your journey is over and welcome to the club.
Thank you for the nice words and sorry that didn't answer on your dress code for the Oath: I've been dealing with some job offers/current work related issues, trying to decide which one should I stick to and towards every evening I started getting mentally exhausted and even was not turning my PC on.
Congratulations on your US Citizenship again, man!

Congratulations, Sergey! Your journey is over and welcome to the club.
Thank you for the nice words and sorry that didn't answer on your dress code for the Oath: I've been dealing with some job offers/current work related issues, trying to decide which one should I stick to and towards every evening I started getting mentally exhausted and even was not turning my PC on.
Congratulations on your US Citizenship again, man!

Thank you!! And thank you for your help!! And please don't apologize - I went there and you know all people were dressed differently, so I guess what they meant is really "don't dress in shorts or swimsuit". They did filming there and took some photos, so I thing they wanted to make it more serious and formal. But yeah - now I'm in the club lol! :)

13173999_1031086100270408_4390236663453724187_n.jpg

I changed clothes right after Ceremony and returned there to take few pics, so I didn't wear sunglasses during Ceremony lol! :D

If you don't want to send your naturilisation certificate through the post, you can get a rush passport at a passport office if you have proof of travel within two weeks, or you need a visa and are travelling even after two weeks (not sure how long they accept).

Yeah, I read about it, but unfortunately the closest Passport Office is in Phila which is about hour from me and I don't plant to travel within next few weeks. Just don't want to book anything and then cancel it later.

So I already made an appointment for next week with a local USPS office where they process passport applications. They told me I should submit original certificate, so I hope they won't lose it.

I think I'll do rush processing just in case.

hey guys ....update my case.....

yesterday i went court and submit 2 signature receipts from DAUSA and fbi
the other 3 ( AGeneral ,Uscis ,Dhs) i was print that usps made delivery...but the clerk told me that they need signature ...so today i went to post office and print with signature (for free) , and going back to the court, when I submitted printed receipts clerk told me that "look like court accept your records from yesterday "couse they put me on the court docket that all defendants are served,but i gave him all 3 printed and plus of it i had to write explanation for judge about those printed receipts...... so defendants answer due is 7/11

now is only ....just to be patient :

Hi guys,
First of all to everybody on this forum, what a tremendous job! It is fantastic that you guys/girls out there are living and breathing this 24/7. You give confidence to many people who are scared shit about the legalese. First of all I am newbie to this forum, and I have a situation regarding my wife. Both of us went to our Naturalization Interviews on Jan 14th 2016. I was approved and I took oath the sam eday. In case of my wife's , she was told by her IIO that there seems to be some issue regarding her name (what ???) and made her sign a name change affidavit. Well, she passed her civics and US history test and on her Form 652, it stated that "You passed the tests...." and "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". My wife believes that she was told that there will be a name check.
Yesterday I and wife went to the USCIS office in Mount Laurel, NJ and we spoke to a lady in the counter. She just looked up her computer and said some thing to the effect that " we are waiting for completion of some check", and when I prodded her by giving her hints, then she said, "yes, yes, name check". Looks like she had no clue !!! She asked us to come back after a month or two! DO you think thi sis a good case for "writ Of Mandamus" ?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Hi guys,
First of all to everybody on this forum, what a tremendous job! It is fantastic that you guys/girls out there are living and breathing this 24/7. You give confidence to many people who are scared shit about the legalese. First of all I am newbie to this forum, and I have a situation regarding my wife. Both of us went to our Naturalization Interviews on Jan 14th 2016. I was approved and I took oath the sam eday. In case of my wife's , she was told by her IIO that there seems to be some issue regarding her name (what ???) and made her sign a name change affidavit. Well, she passed her civics and US history test and on her Form 652, it stated that "You passed the tests...." and "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". My wife believes that she was told that there will be a name check.
Yesterday I and wife went to the USCIS office in Mount Laurel, NJ and we spoke to a lady in the counter. She just looked up her computer and said some thing to the effect that " we are waiting for completion of some check", and when I prodded her by giving her hints, then she said, "yes, yes, name check". Looks like she had no clue !!! She asked us to come back after a month or two! DO you think thi sis a good case for "writ Of Mandamus" ?
Any assistance will be appreciated.
If you have been waiting for more than 4 months, I'd suggest to start preparing for the lawsuit. Contact your congress man/woman and senator first. When you go to court, you should show that you already exhaust all the options to make them go faster. This will take about 2-4 weeks to get some responses from the congress man/woman

If you have been waiting for more than 4 months, I'd suggest to start preparing for the lawsuit. Contact your congress man/woman and senator first. When you go to court, you should show that you already exhaust all the options to make them go faster. This will take about 2-4 weeks to get some responses from the congress man/woman
Thanks "baolocdo",
I have not fully read all the 922 pages of post , but have you also started the Mandamus process?
How would you prove that you went to the INFOPASS appointment?

Thanks

Thanks "baolocdo",
I have not fully read all the 922 pages of post , but have you also started the Mandamus process?
How would you prove that you went to the INFOPASS appointment?

Thanks
If you already had an interview, then you should file 1447(b), not Writ of Mandamus. I have filed 1447(b) about a month ago and I am waiting for the response from USCIS.

If you already had an interview, then you should file 1447(b), not Writ of Mandamus. I have filed 1447(b) about a month ago and I am waiting for the response from USCIS.
I see. Thanks for the clarification regarding Writ of Mandamus and USC 1447b. I shall follow your progress with great interest.