Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Any advice

Hello all

When I call the US Attorney, what should I start ask him/her?
What do I say? I never called a US attorney before, and I never sue anyone before … any advice

I thank you all for your input ....

Mr LA said:
Hello all

When I call the US Attorney Office to find out who they assign to my case, what should I start ask him/her? :)
What do you say? I never called a US attorney before, and I never sue anyone before … any advice :)

I thank you all for your input .... :)

I have never done this my self, but I will be doing that soon (when I file my case) and what I would say is to introduce my self, state my objective (getting GC or Naturalization) and express my desire to end this law suite as quickly as possible provided that USCIS/FBI finish their part in 60 days and depending on his/her response by this time of the conversatoin ask for his/her help (pointing out the rule that expaditing FBI name check when a law siute is filed)

Balto said:
If I am not mistaken. I filed in person in Baltimore and got everything back 6 days later in the mail. The clerk did say that the "in-house attorney" will need to look at my complaint since I am filing Pro Se.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balto
Balto

Thanks for the confirmation. It gives me a couple of days to wait, before I need
to worry if the summons don't come.

AL11 said:
I sent the letter to the FBI congressional office requesting that they expadite my name check. I don't have the address handy now, but I will find it tonight when I get home and post it.

i haven't received your response. Can you please give me the FBI congressional office address?

Mr LA said:
Hello all

What do I say? I never called a US attorney before, and I never sue anyone before … any advice

Introduce yourself.
Explain in a few words that you're the mean/nasty guy who on xx/xx/2006 sued USCIS, FBI and others...
Tell him (assuming is a he) that you just called to touch bases with him, to see if he had a chance to review your complaint, if he has any question or any issue he wants to talk to you about.
Also if is anything you can do to help (to make his life easier ;) ) you'll be more than happy to work with him to solve the case in an expedite manner...and...in your favor, of course.
You continue the conversation around his answers...

Don't forget: He is a human being, like yourself (he's not God, nor the Devil, just another human being ;) ) and in comparison with other officials (i.e. USCIS people) you came across before, he may be a nice, professional, educated one, who doesn't carelessly step on other people when he walks.

Good luck and share with us your conversation...unless is a she and you end up inviting her to dinner
;)

funny us attorney call

i have my citizenship oath ceremony on june 14th.
thanks to 1447b
i am about to dismiss my case. i was called by the us attorney's office (local) and that dude said to me.
This case that you have filed...uh...i am a stranger to this type of case. he says, "you probably know more about this type of case".
he doesnt even know that i have gotten my oath letter.
when i tell him i have and i will drop the case after the oath and getting my letter. he says..."I hate it when they (INS, DHS, FBI etc.)dont tell me stuff even though i'm representing them in this case...but its typical."

but he was a very cool guy;

i just thought i'd share.

Mr LA said:
Hello all

Tell him that you hate his guts and you wanna eat his children! (c) Mike Tyson :D

Well, ok, that was probably a bad idea... Just introduce yourself and ask if they need any additional info and stuff like that. Just play it by ear. The conversation isn't supposed to last for an hour and a half anyway.

The reason for the call is pretty much to remind them about your case or if they haven't even started looking at your case, maybe force them to look at it. They'll still probably take their time, but at least you'll be on their mind.

Good luck and kick their ass! In a very gentleman like way, of course :)

K

emachineman said:
thanks to 1447b
i am about to dismiss my case. i was called by the us attorney's office (local) and that dude said to me.
This case that you have filed...uh...i am a stranger to this type of case. he says, "you probably know more about this type of case".
when i tell him i have and i will drop the case after the oath and getting my letter. he says..."I hate it when they (INS, DHS, FBI etc.)dont tell me stuff even though i'm representing them in this case...but its typical."

Not a day goes buy without a good news... a music to everybody's ears!

Congrats!

K

Yeah. I live in Sacramento area. I applied my citizenship this Jan. and passed my interview 4/20. I heard nothing since then. I called USCIS hotline today TWICE. The first one was very rude. I had to wait about 1 hour before I can talk to him and he just said they are waiting for some kind of file and he has another customer and hung up on me. I called back and spend another hour waiting, because I want to find out what is going on for my case. The second one is a lot better and he told me that usually the cases in Cal. takes about 6 to 8 months to process. Therefore, my case is still in good shape. Well, I will belive him only if I got my oath letter within the time range he talked about. Otherwise, I will not be afraid to take it to the court. Wish you luck on your case.

Mr LA said:
Cajack,
We all here for each other, make sure someone helped us before we help you. I just wish we all be there for each other...... are you from Cali Jack

AL11 said:
Actually the US attorney for Northern California is not a defendant, he is the lawyer of the defendands. if you received a confirmation, then I think you should be fine.
In my case he is also a defendant. And I'm not the first one who did it.

Today when I came home I've found invitation for fingerprints in my mailbox. It has been sent on June, 5th from local USCIS office, one week after district director got my complaint. I believe it's not a coincidece, they finally looked into my papers. I had fingerprins following N-400 two years ago. I hope it is a good sign.

Emta said:
Today when I came home I've found invitation for fingerprints in my mailbox. It has been sent on June, 5th from local USCIS office, one week after district director got my complaint. I believe it's not a coincidece, they finally looked into my papers. I had fingerprins following N-400 two years ago. I hope it is a good sign.
Definitely a good sign, It makes me wonder though. did they lose the fingerprints you gave them before?! and why some people get 2nd FP and some don't even if they might have applied at the same time!
Really odd. the USCIS works in mysterious ways.

Emta said:
Hm. Kevin Ryan, U.S. Attorney for Northern California is one of my defendants. So, he has been served together with other defendants and I've already got a confirmation reciept from his office. I've put him as a defendant following an example on another (russian language) immigration forum. The author of this example had a quick success with his §1447 (b) lawsuite -> naturalization. Do you think sending him summons + all docs as a defendant is enough?

Will also follow your advice not to wait for all return reciepts.

Thank you!
Don't worry about it. As long as you served him, you should be fine. They'll sort it out.

Serve U.S. Attorney in Northern California

Buggin and others,

Can I serve the US attorney myself, or I need a third person to do this?

Thanks!

More Yes than NO

ejb2k said:
Can I serve the US attorney myself, or I need a third person to do this? Thanks!
Here in western washington state the court's service of Summons information booklet indicate that you should use a third party, on the other hand the proof of service sheet has a spot for people who served the summons themselves... :confused: so it's a weird thing. i personally did it using USPS. But i saw this other case where the plaintiff did it himself and had the US attorney front desk stamp a "received" mention on the proof of service. check my attachements out...
The bottom line if you are around his office Go for it.

ejb2k said:
Buggin and others,

Can I serve the US attorney myself, or I need a third person to do this?

Thanks!
By rules (either Federal Rules of Civil Procedure or Local Court Rules), you must not serve yourself because you are a party to the lawsuit. This is to prevent people getting into fights and getting hurt. Nobody likes being sued and people get very upset when they get served (normally in civil and family law cases).
Some people on this Forum served themselves and it was just fine. We sue government agencies, and when we serve summons on the US Attorneys, everything is civil and nobody fights.
However, you still don't want to give them any reasons to oppose your complaint by saying, for example, that they were improperly served. So, my advice is to get someone else to serve for you or do it by mail.
Good luck to you.

emachineman said:
thanks to 1447b

This is very funny! This is a good example to those who don't feel confident about filing lawsuits. You see, we can do a very good job and can kick their butts. :D

khalafah2000 said:
i haven't received your response. Can you please give me the FBI congressional office address?

Sorry about the delay, it has been a crazy day at work and home.
Here is the address

Ms. Eleni P. Kalisch
Assistant Director, Office of Congressional Affairs
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington, DC 20535-0001

Emta said:
In my case he is also a defendant. And I'm not the first one who did it.

Just curious: Why the US Attorney is a defendant in your case? :confused:

About FP, yes it's a good sign ;)

Suzy977 said:
Just curious: Why the US Attorney is a defendant in your case?
That was advice from one successfull applicant in our district. she has got her case resolved really fast and believes it was because she sued US Attorney as well. In complaint there is a following wording about reason:

Defendant Kevin Ryan is the U.S. Attorney General for the Northern District of California. Pursuant to 8 U.S.C. §1103, he is charged with controlling determination of all issues of law pertaining to immigration and the representing of United States of America in various legal matters before this Court.