Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

syt said:
Zip code 90258 looks not correct for DC. It should be 20529 for 20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Room 4025, Washington, DC, if you check the zip code of this address from usps.com.
You are probably right. I just went with the zip code (20528) that was in the AILF Practice Advisory.

Buggin and Mr LA,

Thank you so much for helping on this again and again. I think I have finished all paperworks on my case of 1447(b) petition pro se. One cover letter, one summons, and 4 copies of petition. Anything else? However, I need to wait until 08/11/2006. I hope you all get your oath done soon.

Regards,
syt

syt said:
Buggin and Mr LA,

Thank you so much for helping on this again and again. I think I have finished all paperworks on my case of 1447(b) petition pro se. One cover letter, one summons, and 4 copies of petition. Anything else? However, I need to wait until 08/11/2006. I hope you all get your oath done soon.

Regards,
syt

Did you do FOIPA, congressman letters etc? I know that they aren't required for 1447(b), but just curious?

My 120 days would be over on 09/08/2006, around a month after you. You can understand very well how terrible is it to wait for the end of 120 days.

I got it, I got it, I got it

got my oath letter today :)
I don't think that it was possible if i never been to this forum. This forum have been great. I really am very thankful to everyone on this forum. My oath date is June 16 at 8:15AM.again many many thanks to everyone.

According to shustersman's newsletter, CIS would not schedule interview soon if namecheck is not clear. This would be in effect once the computer system is ready. What this means is you can no longer sue CIS if you are pending namecheck. http://shusterman.com/pdf/natz42506.pdf

They are sure quick to change things around when it comes to lawsuit. Very smart move, using procedures to get around the law.

Victory

I want to share my happy news with everyone: on May 22 I was given a Citizen Certificate after a year of waiting.
We applied for citizenship - April 2004
Interview for me and my spouse - June 13&14
For him interview and oath ceremony - same day
For me - the ansver was "FBI name check not done yet"
I filed a lawsuit on April 15
May 22,2006 - Oath Ceremony!
Good luck to all,who are at the beginning of the same path!

AwaySooner said:
According to shustersman's newsletter, CIS would not schedule interview soon if namecheck is not clear. This would be in effect once the computer system is ready. What this means is you can no longer sue CIS if you are pending namecheck. http://shusterman.com/pdf/natz42506.pdf

They are sure quick to change things around when it comes to lawsuit. Very smart move, using procedures to get around the law.

I believe the folks will then start suing under WOM. The battle will & must go on until they adopt smart and fair processes and procedures and perhaps hire few folks who share some feeling with legal immigrants.

Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
sfaizullah said:
I believe the folks will then start suing under WOM. The battle will & must go on until they adopt smart and fair processes and procedures and perhaps hire few folks who share some feeling with legal immigrants.

Best Regards
good thought, and am sure some one somewhere will invent a way to do that
congrats tot he winners today, it seems like we have few of them, good luck

Victory
Another victory … I endorse it to Publicus, Suzy, Mohammed2x and all.

Filed my 1447b on 03/27/06
Sammons served and received by the local AUSA office on 04/03/06.
Just this week I called AUSA and left a message with my name and case# that I want to talk to the Attorney assigned to handle my case.
A day later called again and remind them their answer due date is 06/03/06.
Yesterday (05/31/06) a lady left me a message that they couldn’t locate my case, so they need the names of the Defendants. I called and left a message with the needed info.

Today at 1:05 PM a lady called me and introduce herself as the attorney assigned for my case, and said “ Congratulation on you naturalization and…”
I said, :eek: :eek: “Wait …wait…wait…what are saying?? That was never happened. No body contacted me or…
She said, “ Calm down Sir, there is a note in front of me saying that you supposed to have been taken your oath yesterday. I said, never happened and I’m smelling something fishy here and….” :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: She said, Okay, well then…let me call the officer and I will call you back.
The shorter notice in history( I think)
At 1:45 pm an officer called me, introduced himself and said there was a mistake and a misunderstanding and if I could make it he will be more than willing to give private oath :D :D :D
Because there was no ceremony today, but he preferred if I can wait till tomorrow.

I said “No, Sir I’m not going to wait for tomorrow, I have waited so long. And after what you have called misunderstanding, I do prefer to do it today. I’m about half an hour from your office.” He said, Okay Sir, I will but your name at the reception and come to me directly.
I was at the office at 2:30 and to make it short. He said to me “I’m very impressed with the action you have taken, that you get to the federal court. You are the kind of citizen we need in this country and…… He added, “ I never pretended that we are doing the best job in the world but…anyhow I’m proud of you.
At that moment every body and every name here came into my mind and tear dropped out of my eye. And I said then you should be proud of publicus, Suzy, Mohamed and the others. He thought that I went out of my mind and said, what are you talking about, who are they? I said MY FRIENDS.

At 3:30 I took the oath …I’m a US citizen….

citing dismissed cases

anybody know whether any/all of these succesful 1447(b) *dismissed* cases be cited in my 1447(b) suit?

btw, congrulations to all those who won... i believe that USCIS should seriously think about scraping this name check stuff.

Wow - two more success cases just since I last wrote congratulations few hours ago

Congratulations karenina_a, Syed Naqui and amo585!!! All these cases are so inspiring. I wish USCIS were readying them!!!

Best Regards

syt said:
Buggin and Mr LA,

Regards,
syt
Syt, it looks like you got it covered. Good luck and let us know how it will go.

khalafah2000 said:
Did you do FOIPA, congressman letters etc? I know that they aren't required for 1447(b), but just curious?

My 120 days would be over on 09/08/2006, around a month after you. You can understand very well how terrible is it to wait for the end of 120 days.
You are right, they are not required. You can still do it if you want. I asked my congresswoman for help and I am still waiting.... I also sent a FOIPA request to the FBI and am still waiting.... It is up to you... As far as I am concerned, they don't help.

Congratulations!!!

SyedNaqvi said:
got my oath letter today :)
I don't think that it was possible if i never been to this forum. This forum have been great. I really am very thankful to everyone on this forum. My oath date is June 16 at 8:15AM.again many many thanks to everyone.

amo585 said:
Victory
Another victory … I endorse it to Publicus, Suzy, Mohammed2x and all.
Okay Sir, I will but your name at the reception and come to me directly.
I was at the office at 2:30 and to make it short. He said to me “I’m very impressed with the action you have taken, that you get to the federal court. You are the kind of citizen we need in this country and…… He added, “ I never pretended that we are doing the best job in the world but…anyhow I’m proud of you.
At that moment every body and every name here came into my mind and tear dropped out of my eye. And I said then you should be proud of publicus, Suzy, Mohamed and the others. He thought that I went out of my mind and said, what are you talking about, who are they? I said MY FRIENDS.

At 3:30 I took the oath …I’m a US citizen….
Wow! What a story!!! Congratulations to you!

khalafah2000 said:
anybody know whether any/all of these succesful 1447(b) *dismissed* cases be cited in my 1447(b) suit?
You cannot cite "dismissed" cases in your lawsuit. The reason for that is that there was no court ruling or judge's order on these dismissed cases. Therefore, they are not considered to be a legal authority.

Usually, the rules allow you to cite only published cases. If the case you cite is unpublished/depublished/or was overruled by a later case, you can get in trouble for citing such cases.

Stick to those cases that are good and recognized authority, such as Hovsepian.

syt:

Thank you for you reply. How can I find out if name check is the only problem for my case? Should I call USCIS hotline to find out? By the way, looks like you are filing 1447b yourself. What make you change your mind to file it by yourself? I have not decide if I should file it myself or ask Justin Wang to file for me. Also it is very encouraging to see many people who are fighting for their rights won their cases recently. I am looking forward my 120 expiring. We are legal immgrants and we obey the law and we pay our tax. We don't deserve to be treated like this.

Many thanks,

Jack

syt said:
Jack,

Yes, he told me that if the only problem is the name check pending for your n-400 naturalization case.

Suzy977 said:
And...75% to me :D :D :D

Where did you learn how to count? In Sweden. :D

He's going to need a 125% Loan to Value Adjustable Rate Mortgage for that.

buggin said:
You are right, they are not required. You can still do it if you want. I asked my congresswoman for help and I am still waiting.... I also sent a FOIPA request to the FBI and am still waiting.... It is up to you... As far as I am concerned, they don't help.
thanks for the response.
like you, i filed FOIPA and still waiting... called congressman office so many times, but no case worker has yet called me, so waiting there also ...
i am not going to go crazy, but to be honest, they are keeping me busy while i am waiting for 120 days. 20 are passed, 100 more to go...

this forum and its members are just awesome. i just hope that it stays like that until all the name check folks get cleared by filing their 1147b.