Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

to andrew

Dear All,

I just want to thank you all in this forums and espacially those senior members, such as lazycis and others.

I-485 filed July 2003, EB2.
I filed my Complaint in May 19, 2007;
AUSA filed MTD, in July 3;
I filed opposition in July 19;
I filed Motion for Summary judgment on Aug 3, 2007.
I received the welcome notices and cards last Saturday.

However, there are still something I have to handle painfully. All the greed cards (including my wife's and my son's) have an error: Country of Birth is filled with "UNKNOWN".

I informed AUSA to seek her help and told her I wound not voluntary dissmiss the case now, so she filed a reply (today) to court to support the previous MTD and said that the application were approved and the case in this court became moot, and should be dismissed.

Can I ask the court to continue to hold the case? To make sure the USCIS to send me the correct green card. Can I augue that the USCIS did not finish the process for my case because they send incorrect cards to us?

I appriecates all your help and time.

Andrew

congratulations man!!!
did u have to re-do your finger prints?

can u please refer me to good lawyer in NJ to help me with my opposition to MTD

I-485 pending since Oct 2005
WOM filed April 2007
60 day extension on June 2007
expecting a MTD end of Aug 2007

All,

My N-400 namecheck has been pending for about a year and my wife with a kid, who is living & waiting backhome is demanding for divorce due to this indefinite waiting period. I was wondering to know can I ask for Humanitarian Relieve from USCIS/FBI to speed up my case? Please help…

My N-400 namecheck has been pending for about a year and my wife with a kid, who is living & waiting backhome is demanding for divorce due to this indefinite waiting period. I was wondering to know can I ask for Humanitarian Relieve from USCIS/FBI to speed up my case? Please help…

You are in a really tough situation. I feel for you. USCIS does not consider this a reason humanitarian enough. Only critical medical condition where someone is about to die, can be considered as a humanitarian reason. That's what my AUSA told me. I am hoping that you have already filed I-130 for her, so that at least that time is accumulating in the background. You should seriously start thinking about filing a mandamus action. Hopefully you are documenting all your communication with Senators/Congressman etc.. File for FOIPA etc.. Do all the pre-work to make your case stronger.

If, I go thru divorce before taking oath; would it make any adverse effect upon my case and also how should I inform the USCIS about it or wait and mention it in the interview?

aks AGC4ME for posting case

Hi AGC4ME,

Could you post the case (no 44; liu v chertof) in your list? I am very interested in the cases filed in S.D. NY. If you have them, could you post them?

Thanks

Visa Bulletin

More than anything else can anyone think of a way to sue USCIS and Department Of State over the way they move the Priority dates. I'm in India EB-3. The cutoff date was May 2001 till June and then it jumped to June 2003 and then it became current and now AILA has indicated that come October it will go back to May 2001. I see all 2004 and 2003 PDs getting approved but I have a 2001 PD still waiting. Is there way we can sue these idiots who set priority dates?

Hi AGC4ME,

Could you post the case (no 44; liu v chertof) in your list? I am very interested in the cases filed in S.D. NY. If you have them, could you post them?

Thanks

Hi Aryin, when u say post the case what exactly are u looking for ? There has been no activity on that case.

need your help again

Friends,
As the deadline for my reply brief approaching fast, I am asking you to take a look at my incomplete draft and give your feedback. You can use "Track changes" feature in MS Word to highlight your changes/comments.
Thanks in advance,
LazyCIS

My comments so far

The other government arguments boil down to these three arguments.

I was looking for 3 separate arguments but you had only 2. For the sake of structure do you think you should have 3 separate arguments rebutting each of the Government arguments ?

The other government arguments boil down to these three arguments.

I was looking for 3 separate arguments but you had only 2. For the sake of structure do you think you should have 3 separate arguments rebutting each of the Government arguments ?

I am working on # 3 but it's not ready yet. Just wanted to do some work in parallel :)

Finally naturalized!

After a wait of almost 4 years, my husband was naturalized yesterday. Like I said before, only after it happened I can believe it is over. My intuitive superstition in this case was correct, as it turned out: Friday Aug. 10 my husband got a call from a local CIS officer who asked him to come on Monday morning to sign some "routine forms related to your name change request". The agent forwarded him a fax which said, that in order to"overcome some difficulties related to your previous examination we need to continue the examination" to Mon., Aug 13. The fax actually said that he would have another examination, not just signing up some forms. But the agent assured him it was only signing some forms because he requested name change in his examination 3.5 yrs. ago.
Turned out he DID GET ANOTHER EXAMINATION-only 30 min. long, but he was asked all the questions on his Oath form and grilled not only on his ticket since his last interview but ALL of his tickets that he had 10 yrs. ago (-he had 2). This is against their own rules (-it was supposedly covered in his prior interview) and it was not what the agent told him on the phone. My husband didn't want me to go with him and I wish I was there to address this. The IO said that his name change CANNOT be granted at this time because they "no longer do it". This is a lie as my friend was offered to change her name just 1 wk ago. The agent also said that he can't apply for US passport right after oath because of they "don't do it, either". Finally she told him to come to oath as scheduled. Again, I wish I was there-I'd raise some little hell for all this. And this was AFTER his oath was scheduled (in exactly one and a half week!) and AFTER we signed stipulation to dismiss based on CIS PROMISE to adjudicate within 30 days:mad:

SO supposedly if he didn't answer to her satisfaction on Monday- would they cancel his oath??? But this would have violated their promise to court! Then we'd have to go back to court over this. So the bad consequence of the 9th Cir. practice of dismissing from court jurisdiction in order for CIS to act is precisely this, if court still held jurisdiction, CIS would be more responsible to court and probably not pull a last-minute trick like this. I was so mad I decided to complain to ombudsman and our Rep about this. Instead of apology for almost 4-years delay (which they still failed to explain) CIS violated yet more of their regulations by denying his name change!:mad: So I will probably draft a complaint about this.

But on the positive side: once we filed it took them exactly 2.5 months to come up with stipulation to dismiss (as CIS was ready to adjudicate). His FP notice came in 1.5 months after filing. This means his nc was probably cleared by then.

Conclusion: filing a law suit is the only way to avoid waiting for CIS decision forever. Of course in some very lucky cases people get CIS to move just by involving reps, L. Bush. But in most cases so far filing a law suit is the only way to get them move. Also, in spite of more difficulties (which are mostly related to AOS complaints) the success rate in naturalization delays (which I define as ultimate approval) is close to 100%. It is not 100% only because in some cases applicants mess up their complaints or have problems in their history so they get denied. I don't want to repeat what was said on this forum over 1000 times so you know what follows from this conclusion.

I appreciate help from many many members here, and the only reason we got this far is because we found this forum, read and got many helpful advises from members. Just wish I found it sooner. The only thing that could improve this forum is a better organization (so people won't have to read through over 10K of posts to get info). Again, if anyone gets more time to deal with it, we should get all the pertinent facts in one spot for easy access. If/when I have time, I might address it myself.

I have to get fully involved in another task now (home schooling my daughter) so I won't be able to contribute much from now on. However, I'll try to help whenever/if I can and if anyone wants to ask me a q-n directly please feel free to pm me, I'll reply. There is a number of very knowledgeable people here so this forum is in good hands :) . Good luck SLIS, Lazycis, GC4ME and all others still fighting!

finally

Finally by the grace of balaji almighty god and help of this forum I had my oath today. AUSA called my attorney last week and said application was approved and oath was arranged. None of this would be possible without this forum. After the oath I had a chance to talk to the judge and told him my story and said I would not be here today if the Federal court had not accepted jurisdiction for my case. He just smiled and said congratulations.