Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Updates on my case

Some background info on my case.

US Attorney told me on e-mail that expedite request on my name check has been sent to FBI by CIS on Dec. 27th.

US Attorney filed the "answer" to the court on Jan. 22nd.

I went to InfoPass yesterday and there was no record on name check expedition on my case.

I called the court this morning asking if they will schedule a conference, the clerk told me that the US Attorney I have been working with is retiring and today is his last day. There is no substitute US. Attorney assigned to my case yet. I should call her next Thursday and they will figure out a date for the conference.

Here is my question, should I push the conference the further the better or I should have this conference as early as possible? Also, anything I should prepare for this?

yvesliu said:
Some background info on my case.

US Attorney told me on e-mail that expedite request on my name check has been sent to FBI by CIS on Dec. 27th.

US Attorney filed the "answer" to the court on Jan. 22nd.

I went to InfoPass yesterday and there was no record on name check expedition on my case.

I called the court this morning asking if they will schedule a conference, the clerk told me that the US Attorney I have been working with is retiring and today is his last day. There is no substitute US. Attorney assigned to my case yet. I should call her next Thursday and they will figure out a date for the conference.

Here is my question, should I push the conference the further the better or I should have this conference as early as possible? Also, anything I should prepare for this?

Your US Attonery sent request, but it is up to USCIS General Consolse office to decided. My story is my AUSA sent request to USCIS again and again, but USCIS reply with this new policy change after December 22 and reject her request. AUSA only can suggest expedite but no power to decide it. You better check USCIS or FBI make sure they take the request. Good Luck!

I got my Green Card today after filing a WOM

I am so glad that I got my Green Card today after filing a WOM in Los Angeles through my lawyer Daniel Huang. Now I can move on with my life instead of thinking about the adjustment application everyday.

My I485 is EB1b category, had been stuck in name check for over 3 years.

Because I exhausted all the ministration methods such as calling USCIS, contacting local congressman, sending letters to the FBI, and even seeking the first lady’s help, in addition, I observed more and more WOM were filed in the whole country and was afraid that the USCIS and FBI may stop to accept the WOM someday, so I decided to hire an experienced attorney to expedite my name check, and to resolve my case safely and quickly.

After long time studies and searching, I found attorney Daniel Huang, I believe that he is one of the most experienced attorneys for WOM in the USA , which has been well demonstrated by his success in over 120 of succeeded WOM since 2000. In addition, his fees are very reasonable compared with other lawyers. In particular, filing WOM of employment based EB1b is believed to have higher risk than that of EB3 or family based I485 because USCIS could find some weakness and deny I485, but Attorney Daniel Huang has demonstrated a unique way to reduce or minimize the risk.

These advantages made me decide to hire him as attorney to file WOM in October of 2006.

This mandamus thing is definitely not working as smoothly as before because it is said that there are more than 100 people filing it every month...in LA and OC alone. (There are 3500 WOM cases pending nationally) Though some cases filed by Daniel Huang at the same time as me were resolved quickly. I waited about 3 months since October of 2006, during the hard time of waiting, he and his colleague’s patience, responsibility and hard work relieved many degree of my anxiousness and depression. His successes in my case eventually proved what he told me “I must win if you have clean background”.

I wish all of you could overcome the NC issues soon!

PS. For your information:

Law Office of Daniel Huang
506 N. Garfield Ave., Ste. 100
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 289-0006
www.danielimmigration.com

micahel1008 said:
Your US Attonery sent request, but it is up to USCIS General Consolse office to decided. My story is my AUSA sent request to USCIS again and again, but USCIS reply with this new policy change after December 22 and reject her request. AUSA only can suggest expedite but no power to decide it. You better check USCIS or FBI make sure they take the request. Good Luck!

Do you know how can I check with USCIS or FBI? I checked with Infopass but no record there.

yvesliu said:
Do you know how can I check with USCIS or FBI? I checked with Infopass but no record there.

usually at infopass they can not tell you about your expediated name check request. That request goes from Office of general counsel.

Infopass officer has no access to that information.

wenlock said:
usually at infopass they can not tell you about your expediated name check request. That request goes from Office of general counsel.

Infopass officer has no access to that information.

So, is there a phone number I can call? Or how can I figure this out?

Bou said:
Hi all pioneers,
Thanks for the valuable information shared on this forum and all the good hard work. I wish I found you much much earlier.

I'm also preparing my case. Remember I read it somewhere that we can call the FBI number and found out the exact date FBI started Name Check process. I try to find the post but couldn't , would someone who knows please post it again?

Many thanks in advance.
I am not sure I have seen such post. I tried to do that through FBI customer service at 304-625-2000, but the lady told me that she can not give me any info regarding name check initiated by CIS. May be you can try and be more lucky? I also tried to do that through Senator and Congressman – no date – just “status pending”. To my surprise I managed to get that through an INFOPASS and sweettalking to an officer at my local CIS – she gave me the date they sent the request (still not exactly what you are asking about). Why would you need the date when FBI started Name Check process?

Best of luck to all!
snorlax

snorlax said:
I am not sure I have seen such post. I tried to do that through FBI customer service at 304-625-2000, but the lady told me that she can not give me any info regarding name check initiated by CIS. May be you can try and be more lucky? I also tried to do that through Senator and Congressman – no date – just “status pending”. To my surprise I managed to get that through an INFOPASS and sweettalking to an officer at my local CIS – she gave me the date they sent the request (still not exactly what you are asking about). Why would you need the date when FBI started Name Check process?

Best of luck to all!
snorlax

I got that information through Infopass as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I485 approved after WOM

Hi Everyone,

My GC is finally approved. I filed in Nov and got approved 10 days before the 60 day deadline.

I got so much useful info here. Thanks everyone.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

paz1960 said:
Yesterday, after I agreed with my AUSA that he will send me for review the draft of the Joint stipulation for the motion to dismiss, before he files with the court, he sent me the draft, at 5:01 pm, claiming that was a pdf attachement. Turned out that it was some Wordperfect file, it took me about 5 minutes till I could open.

To my unpleasant surprise, it contained the following:

STIPULATION FOR AN ORDER OF DISMISSAL
The parties stipulate and agree that the above captioned matter should be dismissed, with prejudice, because Plaintiff’s Form N-400 Application for Naturalization was adjudicated and approved on January 9, 2007. A copy of the Form N-400 is attached and incorporated by this reference.

I tried to call him immediately, but the receptionist was already gone (it was about 5:06 pm) and I could not get through. I sent him an e-mail, requesting to add one more sentence:

"Defendant USCIS agrees to schedule Plaintiff's Oath Ceremony as soon as possible but not later than 15 days after this order".

I also explained in the e-mail why I think that this should be included:
-past bad experience with USCIS, see the story with the oath scheduling of my wife, 5 months after the approval and holding my application for two years, with no good reason, as ultimately my cleared name check proved;
-my pending job application with a national nuclear physics laboratory, where I will need security clearence (US citizenship is a prerequisite)

He didn't answer my e-mail, but yesterday in the evening I saw on PACER that he filed the stipulation and the proposal for the order without any change, adding that Plaintiff gave him his electronic signature authorization on Jan. 24; when in fact, I explicitely requested that I want to review and comment the proposed stipulation before he files it, and he agreed. (I had the e-mails saved as proof).

I was so upset and felt betrayed. I wrote him a rather strongly worded e-mail, in which I requested to arrange till today 4:00 pm an oath date, otherways I will file by the end of today a Memorandum with the court explaining how AUSA misused my electronic signature, without waiting for my approval of the wording of the Stipulation and also I would request that the Court should administer the oath ceremony, instead USCIS.

Today morning I tried to call him, and he is out of office. Spoke to his assistant, and explained the situation. She realised that his boss can get in serious trouble because of the misuse of my electronic signature and she called him immediately on his cell phone. After some phone tag, we managed to speak. He promised that he is going to solve this issue, and he was evidently relieved when I told him that fortunately, I found out that there are two days next week when there are oath ceremonies at the Gerald Ford Museum in Grand Rapids, MI. AUSA was traveling in Chicago, he called his assistant and gave her instructions.

About half an hour ago I got a call from USCIS, telling me to be on Tuesday next week at the Ford Museum for my oath ceremony. After about 15 minutes, AUSA's legal assistant also called me to make sure that I received the message and I am satisfied and not going to file anything with the court.

Because I got what I wanted, I'm obviously not going to work all day today to draft a memorandum and run with it to the district court.

Morale:
1. You have to stand up for yourself, because nobody else will do.
2. When they feel the heat, they can act really quickly.

Dear Paz,
Congrts to you!! you deserve it and I want to thank you and all other members of this forum on keep doing a great job. Please folks keep doing the good work. Paz, enjoy your oath ceronomy. Thanks again and if it is possible, please keep coming to this forum after you get your citizenship.

Congratualtions to you!

aka808 said:
I want to thank all those who have supported and worked with me throughout this ordeal.

I happy to say that finally i have recieved my Oath letter. After almost 17 months since filing, 1 year since my interview and 6 months since filing the lawsuit - today i have received my oath for next week.

After my second interview (12/21) my case was pending security review for almost a month and now it was cleared and finally adjudicated.

As much as the CIS tried to obivate the process, the justice system of this country still stands strong and provides those who seek its shadow.

Will keep you all posted on the Oath ceremony...and will be around to help and answer any questions that i can.

I am very happy to here about you especially because we are in the same city. Congratulations and enjoy your oath ceromany. Best of Luck to you and to all of us!!

sandiego_2004 said:
Hi Everyone,

My GC is finally approved. I filed in Nov and got approved 10 days before the 60 day deadline.

Congratulations. Can you tell me which day you filed your WOM? Mine was filed in Nov. 20th.

sandiego_2004 said:
Hi Everyone,

congratulation and also I got my I-485 approval e-mail today.
I filed WOM on December 16, talked to AUSA and she said no more name check expedite. I post several msg. today and decided to fight to the last step. It is only 40 DAYS after filing. Special thanks to PAZ1960 and Wenlock. Good Luck to everyone!

sandiego_2004 said:
Hi Everyone,

Congratulation sandiego_2004! Did they approve your wife's GC too? I remeber that you mentioned that you had two Pro Se palintiffs on the complaint. Did you relocate to the Bay Area?

myang1969 said:
congratulation and also I got my I-485 approval e-mail today.
I filed WOM on December 16, talked to AUSA and she said no more name check expedite. I post several msg. today and decided to fight to the last step. It is only 40 DAYS after filing. Special thanks to PAZ1960 and Wenlock. Good Luck to everyone!
Wow, seems that a great day today for the forum members! Congratulations! Looks that USCIS and FBI decided to clear up some of the backlog. I hope that all of us will get what we deserve: a correct, timely adjudication.

case number said:
Hei guys, i want to update you on my case. After i filed my "Opposition to Defendants Motion to Dismiss or Remand" with the court AUSA filed "Defendants` Motion to Dismiss for Mootness" stating the following: 1. The plaintiff filed this law suit in which she complains that CIS has improperly denied her naturalization because her FBI background check has not been timely completed. The plaintiff seeks declaratory, mandamus and injunctive relief against the defendants requiring that she be naturalized without the FBI check required by the Homeland Security Act of 2002. and
2. Counsel for the defendants represents to the court that the CIS has received the plaintiff`s FBI check, and has approved her application for naturalization. A naturalization date will be set. 3. There are no other issues of fact or law to be decided by the court. THEREFORE, the plaintiff`s case should be dismissed as moot.
What do you think? first of all AUSA `s conclusions expresed on numer 1 are totally wrong. i never filed a lawsuit because my naturalization was denied and i have not stated anywhere that i should be naturalized without the background name check. i do not know where he comes from with these aberations. However, I have to come up with something to the court until January 31, 2007 otherwise my case will be dismissed for failure to prosecute. what do you suggest i should do since "a date for naturalization" is not set yet and i cannot trust these people any longer. thank you and good luck to everyone on this journey.
Congratulations case_number! I certainly would file an Opposition to the Motion filed by AUSA. You should clarify your situation, for nothing else but for the record and to show to the judge, that you are not an incompetent person, who just filed a complaint without knowing what she is doing.
But more importantly, now that defendants admitted that they approved your applicattion, you should ask the court to order defendants to give you an oath date as soon as possible but not later than 15 days after the order. It would possibly help, if you can find out when are Oath Ceremonies in your state, preferably in your district. You can mention these dates in your Opposition and ask to be scheduled to one of the next coming dates.
You can also remind the judge that you petitioned the court for a stalled naturalization and the naturalization is a 4 step process, the last one being the oath. My wife had to wait 5 months after her application was approved till the oath.

said904 said:
Hello Everybody,

I want to thank eveybody for their help and support.
Finally, after 7 months of filing my lawsuit I had my second hearing today and the Judge ordered.
I still did not get it in writting , but The judge remanded my case back to USCIS with 60 days. he actually said That it is tempted to grant my citizenship today but he would like to give uscis their last chance.

I guess iam over with this case , but i will not feel reliefed till I get my oath letter.

For all the people that are Frustrated and hesitating to file a lawsuit I will say, Let your frustration overcome your fear and stand up for your rights and sue these people , because your only way out from this backlog.
Just stick with this forum, do a lot reading. my case was a rollercoaster. it took 7 months wich a long time compared to other cases, but with the help of this forum I was able to fight and get where i needed to be.

I will so happy to answer any questions that you may have about my case and I will try my best to help in anyway

For the parets of the " Danilov" , here goes another round. :)

Thank a lot
Now that's a real victory! Congratulations for your brave fight. You probably will qualify for "prevailing party" and you can ask in that case at least for your costs (filing fee, mailing expenses). I can send you an order which was about this issue, in a situation similar to yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
i need help

I had my interview on jully 06. i had name check not clered since jan 06.
after the interview i go for infopass everymonths the same answer name check in pendiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg. i dont know what i m gonna do. can somebody help me plzzzzzzzzz