Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

I got my Interview letter on 15th July. See my post on 18th July.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-864

My interview is on 14th September, I am EB3 and I thought even though the appointment letter mentions 864, I don't need one. Am I right?

Interviews SUCK.

you don't need an attorney!

Chiacgo police SUCKS, got a parking ticket, as the parking garages were full.
Take El, but then again they were running 45 mins late, maybe better luck with Metra!

They don't care about the documents mentioned on letter. You have to actually remind them if they need photographs or EVL.

Same sorry answer for everybody
"You application cannot be approved at this time, but your fingerprints might expire so we will send you a notice in mail".
Also renew your EAD & AP in the meantime so that they can suck another $700 or so from you.

Finished interview today.

We had an interview today at 7:45 am. (EB-3 Category)They had started it promptly. Our examiner no was 5 and she was very nice officer. She asked for current job letter, IDs, tax returns, birth certificates - original and translation, marriage certificates etc. Asked few questions and explained why we can not be issued green card right away etc.( because of priority date stuff ) She just asked us to wait until our priority dates becomes current. She did not really say that our case is approved but she just said that this is all for today and now you just have to wait until we get your date current etc. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes ( for 3 ppl Me, spouse and child) she asked the routine questions like " have u ever arrested or are you involved in any terrorist activity etc and for all of them you say "no.". It went very smoothly. She did not take EADs. She took I-94 though. That's all folks..if any one has any questions, feel free to ask. Hope this will help.

Approved

Dear all,

We had our interview today and our cases got approved. I have been a regular visitor of this site for last 3 years. I posted couple of messages in the past.

The officer took our oath then started with my wife (she is the principal applicant), asked my wife for her employment letter (she changed her job once), tax returns, W-2s, previous EADs, Paroles, few questions about conviction, illegal entry etc. Than checked about the visa availability and approved her case (Schedule A Occupation). Next he asked me for my dob,full name,marriage date,parole,passport,date of last entry,our 4 month old son's birth certificate and approved my case too.

This site has been a great source of information. Igt became a ritual to visit this site once every day. Thanks to Rajiv and everyone else involved with this site and all those people sharing information.

Good luck to everyone else waiting out there. We were scheduled for 7.45 am.

With best wishes
k512

Approved ??

Hi K512

According to your previous posts you are an EB3, so I don't understand how your case got approved unless your PD is before Jan 98 or your country of orgin is not india. Plus for the month of September regardless of your PD or country your case cannot get approved, in that case maybe you are EB2?

Well, we attended our interview today - everything was very smooth. My case was EB3 and 245i. The documents I had to present were only our passports, EAD's and my employment letter - nothing more. Then was asked a standard bunch of questions - when came to US, how, did I ever left US on AP, about arrest etc etc... All interview lasted maybe 20 min for 3 of us. Of course I was told that no visa numbers are available at this time, but as soon as PD becomes current for me (my PD is 4/2001) we will receive approval letters in the mail.

I got one of my target(Lakshya).... Approved and Stamped...

Dear Friends,

Had our interview yesterday.
My appointment time was 1.00 PM (my wife 1.25PM) but was called at 1.20 PM. Officer called both of us together. He was fast enough and we were done by 2.00 PM.

After Oath Officer asked me question and took copies of about Employement, Tax return, Paystubs, W-2 etc. Regarding Birth Certificate I told that I had mailed original NOC and 2 affidavits to INS so I had only copies. He was OK with that. Took EADs and APs from me. Fingerprint and signature etc. And told everything looks fine and then magic words "I am approving your case".

For my wife (she is also on H1B) he asked marriage related question. Where did you meet? When did you get marry? etc. We didn't have joint Credit card, Medical Insurance etc. I was worried about that. But have joint ownership of home. So that was more than sufficient for officer.

He stamped "APPROVED" on 3 places on each file.
Collected 2 recent photographs from us, Got our Signatures, Had Right Index Finger's Print and stamped passport.

He told us that we were lucky that we had interview before October 1st as PD of EB2 is also going to move November'1999.

This site has been a great source of information. Thanks to everyone involved with this site and sharing information.

Please feel free to ask any question or IM me.

Good luck to everybody.

Good Luck
Lakshya

They took signature from us and also took out recent pics n returned back our old pics which we have submitted originally with I485. Also she took our right hand finger print..does this indicates that our case is approved and we just have to wait for priority date becomes current.?? I am reading the mails above and other officer said to them that "your case is approved" ..well, she never said that to us..she just said that :that's all for today..and you have to wait until the dates becomes current"..so i m just wondering..well, in the starting of the interview..she was explaining us about the priority dates n stuff and my attorney said that he has explained everything to us..so i m just wondering..

williget said:
Well, we attended our interview today - everything was very smooth. My case was EB3 and 245i. The documents I had to present were only our passports, EAD's and my employment letter - nothing more. Then was asked a standard bunch of questions - when came to US, how, did I ever left US on AP, about arrest etc etc... All interview lasted maybe 20 min for 3 of us. Of course I was told that no visa numbers are available at this time, but as soon as PD becomes current for me (my PD is 4/2001) we will receive approval letters in the mail.

Williget,

Congratulations!! When did you get interview? I know from your posts you contacted Sen.Durbin and you got FP notice.

Thanks
June 2002RD

Yes Techie_ssp.. In your case IIO must have done everything same except Stamping "APPROVED" 3 places on your file and Temprory GC stamp (for I551) on your passport. They do this only when Visa number is available. I was lucky enough to get it since it was before Oct 1st. After that E2 category is also going to be retrogressed.

Don't worry Buddy..I realized that most of the time GC is just the matter of of time.
Good Luck.

Techie_ssp said:
They took signature from us and also took out recent pics n returned back our old pics which we have submitted originally with I485. Also she took our right hand finger print..does this indicates that our case is approved and we just have to wait for priority date becomes current.?? I am reading the mails above and other officer said to them that "your case is approved" ..well, she never said that to us..she just said that :that's all for today..and you have to wait until the dates becomes current"..so i m just wondering..well, in the starting of the interview..she was explaining us about the priority dates n stuff and my attorney said that he has explained everything to us..so i m just wondering..

Chicago office interview experience

My wife had her interview on Sep 21, I was already approved by the VSC. The process went very smoothly. The interviewer asked the normal questions, informed us that the case should not have been transferred (but instead approved at the VSC), and he stamped APPROVED.

The interviewer was very pleasant, efficient and kept a very good humor throughout the process. My $750 attorney acted like a jerk and at one point the interviewer literally asked him to keep shut by saying "I know what you are trying to do".

Since I am employment based EB2 approved candidate, he asked me to give him an employment letter, birth certificates of our 2 children (born here), my GC, and a copy of approved I140 (for visa number).

Now both of us are approved. Any estimate on how long will it take for the physical card to arrive.

june2002rd,
I don't remember exactly, but we got interview notices first week of july

PD:04/2001 EB3, 245i
RD:05/2002
TD:04/2004
Contacted Durbin/s Office: 03/2005
FP Code 2: 05/2005
Interview Letter rcv'd: 07/2005
ID:09/2005

Congratulations nov02-485,

I was waiting for your post since your wife's interview was scheduled on 21st and Ours was on 22nd.

You are right if we are confident there is no need of any Lawyer. My Lawyer suggested not to take any local lawyer with me. It may give adverse effect.

Anyway My IIO said that plastic cards might take 4-6 months.
What did your IIO siad about physical cards?

Thanks

Lakshya said:
Congratulations nov02-485,

I was waiting for your post since your wife's interview was scheduled on 21st and Ours was on 22nd.

You are right if we are confident there is no need of any Lawyer. My Lawyer suggested not to take any local lawyer with me. It may give adverse effect.

Anyway My IIO said that plastic cards might take 4-6 months.
What did your IIO siad about physical cards?

Thanks

My IIO told us that the cards might take 2-4 months. I guess they are guessing too. Do you know if there is a website where you can track the status of the plastic card as is the case with adj of status processed by the service centers? If not, is there a phone number that can give an automated or even a person that one can talk to? We are expecting to move in 2 months, and although we will inform USCIS at the earliest about the new move, I fear that the card might still be mailed to the old address.

ykhan :
I hope so for plastic cards. Your post was really helpful. I took Metra so didn't feel tired after driving and had peace of mind. As per your this post hopefully we will get cards in 19 days.Thanks Buddy.

nov02-485 :
Actually we both had Examiner # 1. That's why I asked you that question.
He told us card might take 4-6 months. I don't know whether they change Examiner number daily.