Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

One of my friend's case got transferred in April'05 and had interview in July'05.

timber Just checking , Anyone scheduled for an interview whose case was transferred to chicago local office in year 2005 ?

Got Interview letter

Case got transferred to Chicago Local office on Feb-2005.(EB-3) Got interview letter on 7-6-05 sche. for 9-21-05. Standard letter format as many of you have mentioned.

His interview was on 6th (same day of my earlier post). Everything went well. He was in EB3 category.
Officer could not stamp since Visa number was not available. He was asked to wait for 1-2 month to get approval letter.

npnjan02 said:
Lakshya, your friend "had" an interview in July'05? What's the outcome?

Lakshya said:
His interview was on 6th (same day of my earlier post). Everything went well. He was in EB3 category.
Officer could not stamp since Visa number was not available. He was asked to wait for 1-2 month to get approval letter.

Thanks Lakshya!
Do you know if they received anything from the CIS after the interview? I read in Vermont's posts that some people received a letter stating that there are no available visa numbers etc.

Also, 1-2 month to get the approval letter - that's short I think, the fiscal year starts in October.

Actually he is going to join project in Miami on 7/11.(He kept this date cause of interview)
The lady who took interview was very kind. She told that some Visa number has been issued on June end. Actually he was nervous and hence could not ask many questions. Whatever IIO told him , he told me. He didn't mention anything about letter.I will update if get some moreinfo.
Even he told me that I could get directly approval letter without interview.
I am not sure about that. Let us see what happens.

npnjan02 said:
Thanks Lakshya!
Do you know if they received anything from the CIS after the interview? I read in Vermont's posts that some people received a letter stating that there are no available visa numbers etc.

Also, 1-2 month to get the approval letter - that's short I think, the fiscal year starts in October.

Got interview letter

Got interview letter on 7/15/05 sche. for 9/22/05.
Standard letter format.

timber , Techie_ssp : We all have interview in September.
Good Luck to everybody

Chicago interviews in Aug/Sep (timber , Techie_ssp, Lakshya, and others)

My wife's interview date is on Sep 21 @ 9:00 am. She is scheduled to see Examiner 1. I was wondering if anyone would know who that examiner might be and what type of questions and information they are looking for beyond what is written in the letter from them. Anyway, I thought it might be helpful to collect feedback for current interviews.

Are they approving the applications right after the interview or they take more time beyond that?

Me and my wife both have Examiner 1.

npnjan02 : My friend who had interview on 6th July had Examiner 2. Examiner 2 was a lady from middle East. He found her very co-operative. Who was your Examiner?

Other members who had gone thru interview :
Please share your Examiner experience. Thanks

interview experience

I had my interview today ...and got our passports stamped. Mine is an EB2 category employment based.

PD May 18/02; I-485 RD Jan 09/03 ; Local transfer: Dec 22/2004 ID: jULY 20/2005

The interview lasted for an hour. The officer was very detailed and professional. The main reason I believe my case was transfered is bcos I had an unavailability certificate for my birth and both the affidavits provided were
by parents.. she indicated both cannot come from your parents..one should be from ur aunt..uncle or other relation.

She started with when I came to US (IN 1997) checked that I was in valid status all thru out.. then asked the usual questions.. asked for paystubs from me...and the current employment letter..

then she went to my wife..she asked her the same questions..and asked us to show proof of living togather...and then she created letters and signed on them and stamped our passports...very professional and a good sense of humor when she was going thru our marriage album..

Let me know if u guys have any questions.. thanks to this group..

Lakshya said:
Me and my wife both have Examiner 1.

npnjan02 : My friend who had interview on 6th July had Examiner 2. Examiner 2 was a lady from middle East. He found her very co-operative. Who was your Examiner?

Other members who had gone thru interview :
Please share your Examiner experience. Thanks

Lakshya, I must've been stoned or something, since I don't remember the No of the examiner. He was an American and very understanding. He didn't rush things up, and he didn't ask tricky questions. I guess we were stressed, since our case is a 245(i). He went out once for 20 min or so to I guess check something, they came back and said we were OK.

Urgent help needed

My case was transferred to Chicago on Oct 5, 2004 from TSC - after hearing nothing for a while (fingerprints expired in Feb 2005) I used infopass - I was told they'd had the wrong address, but the first step was to get re-fingerprinted - I got new FP notice and got fingerprinted on June 1, 2005. I used infopass again 3 weeks ago, was treated like a dog by the lady officer, who denied my case had even been transferred from TSC - after some cajoling, they discovered my case had been send to the I-485 "staging area" the previous day (they wouldn't explain what it was). They said they were extremely backed up for interviews and would not be able to schedule anything for the next few months for anyone.
I have two questions:
1. Is there anything I can do at this stage to speed my case up?
2. My H1-B runs out Oct 1 2005 - I have never applied for an EAD at the local office (I presume I should not be applying at the Texas Service Center for my EAD) - can anyone please educate me on the procedure for applying at the local office and how long it takes?

Thanks very much for you guys help.

"Staging area" means everything is ok with your application (they have everything they need to interview you) but waiting to be scheduled for the interview. I dont think there is much you can do but wait.

Regarding your EAD, I think you have to apply at the local office. I applied online and there is a place where you have to say where your application is pending at..you need to choose "chicago district office". Apply for your EAD ASAP. If your EAD application is pending for more than 90 days you can go to the local office and get interim EAD. Other option is to apply for H1B extension so you can continue to work

Good luck!

sum97 - Congrats buddy

sum97 - Who was your Examiner?
npnjan02 : Please check your Interview Notice. At the bottom of Interview Notice Examiner # is mentioned e.g. Examiner 1, Examiner 2, etc.
Thanks,

September Interviews

Just prepared list. Pl. keep on adding if I am missing others

Interview Dt. : Examiner : Id
------------ --------------
9/7/2005 : : timber

9/21/2005 : 1 : nov02-485 (spouse)

9/21/2005 : : Techie_ssp

9/22/2005 : 1 : Lakshya

Last edited by a moderator:
To Lakshya

I see your TD being May 05 and ID being Sep 05. When did you get the letter scheduling your interview?