Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

Who receives interview letter applicant or Attorney

Thanks for the replies. I am still waiting.

Congratulations windseeker. Question for you and others who got interview letter.

Does the interview letter goes to Attorney or applicant. Does it go to both? Normally how much time will be given to attend the actual interview from the time we receive interveiw letter.

june2002rd said:
Thanks for the replies. I am still waiting.

Congratulations windseeker. Question for you and others who got interview letter.

Does the interview letter goes to Attorney or applicant. Does it go to both? Normally how much time will be given to attend the actual interview from the time we receive interveiw letter.

June2002rd

Both you and your attorney will get the interview letter. I received the letter at the end of March and the interview date was 5/25. But other people got shorter notice than I.

boxerbhai said:
Congrats windseeker !!!
Thanks, boxerbhai. I did contact your attorney but she suggested me to use my original attorney since my case was a little bit complex. So my attorney flied to Chicago the day before the interview. But fortunately, the officer did not give us hard time at all. There was a funny thing during the interview because my attorney answer a question wrongly and I corrcted him: he told the office I was under NIW, but I was EB1_b actually. My attorney felt sorry for this so finally he charged me 500$ less for the interview. :)

info from rupnet

A user in rupnet had got an interview letter for July 19th/2005
the user's information is following

I-485 rd - Feb 2003
TD - Dec 30,2004
Letter for interview received on - Jun 2/2005

this hopefully is a good news for all of us waiting for interviews..

I recved my interview letter

I received my interview letter and is schduled for July 6th.
I think contact the senator helps a lot.

My RD is Sep 2002 and was transfered Sep 2004.

Windseeker, need your help reg. employment letter

Could you pls tell me if you had mentioned the title in your emplyment letter for the 485 interview. Thanks in advance.

when's ur Transfer date

immi0203,
when did ur file get transfered..when did u get the interview letter..
what is ur RD.

Thanks

hi immio203

thanks for the info, did the interview letter indicate why you were transferred to local, and what were the documentation requested..

my pd is may 02 ,
rd jan 03 and td dec 22/03

Yes I recevied the interview letter

I'm preparing based on the documents required. Can anyone tell me
if the employment letter had title for the interview.
Thanks in advance

immi0203 said:
Could you pls tell me if you had mentioned the title in your emplyment letter for the 485 interview. Thanks in advance.
HI,

I have my title on the letter because I changed my job, so the title will show I do have the same kind of job as the old one.

List of Documents required for the interview

I saw letter of "Appointment Notice". It has many documents shown.
BUT top 3 were in bold and underlined (e.g. I-693, W-2s, etc.).
Does it mean those are (top one) the important doscuments to carry?
and those are the reasons for transfer.

Interview in 2 months

One of my colleague got TD in April'05 and Got Interview letter in June' 05. Interview is in July'05. Pretty Lucky Guy.

But he has 2 problems.
His W2 are less and
He had DUI .
Any comments Guru????
Will keep you updated.

Interview on July 20, 2005

My I-140 (Notice Date: 10/09/03, EB3) was approved in 12/2004 and within a week after that I-485 (ND: 10/09/03) for myself and my wife was transferred to Chicago. I am still working for the same employer.

Today I received the appointment notice for interview on July 20, 2005 for both of us.

The notice says that : "YOU MUST BRING ORIGINALS AND COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

1) Medical Examination Form I-693 in a sealed envelope
(This point is in caps and bold)
Query: We already sent our Medical Examination while applying I-485. Do we need to get medical examination done again?

2) AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FORM I-864 (With your tax returns for the last 3 years, W-2's and current job letters) (This point is in caps and bold)

Query: Where can I find this form and what kind of support is it asking for?

3) Certified Court Dispositions (for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred) (This point is in caps and bold)

Query: I and my wife never had any arrests. Do we still need these dispositions. Where should we get these. I have stayed in 4 cities ever since I came to US as student.

4) 2 color ADIT-Style photographs
5) Photo identification for yourself and your petitioner
6) Employment authorization card
7) Proof of legal entry into the United States, passport and/or proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A
8) Birth certificates for beneficiary, petitioner and all children
9) marriage certificates

Query for 4-9: I am the primary applicant and my wife is dependent. Does that mean I am petitioner and she is beneficiary?
Our birth certificates were not in English. So at the time of application, we had sent the originals of certified english translations. We only have copies with us. How can we provide the originals. Do we again need to get original affidavits.
Where can I find the proof of payment of I-485 supplement A (my company did all the payments at the time of application).

I'd appreciate any help from the forum regarding above queries. In the meanwhile, I'm sending these queries to my lawyer also.

Thanks...

got the interview letter

Got my interview letter today (me and my wife's) scheduled for July 20,2005.
RD-JAN 9,2003
TD-DEC 22/2004
PD-MAY 18/2002

I was requested the same documents as the above post.. and I know of one other person who has got the same documets. Looks like they are sending the same thing for every one.

Will talk to my lawyer tomorrow and will post the details here.

-sum97

times of interview

myself and wife have two different times (a space of 30 minutes) for the interview..how about u anujsingla

Time difference

Hey sum97

I am scheduled for 8:35am and my wife for 9:00 am (difference of 25 min).
As I have heard from other people, they will take in both husband and wife togather even if there is time difference of 30-45 min.

Please do post anything you find from your lawyer and I'll do the same.

Are you planning to take ur lawyer. Mine is asking for $1000 even though her office is less than a mile from deraborn USCIS office. So, I'm still not decided on this matter.

Who is your examiner. Mine is examiner 9 at 230 S. Dearborn Street (IInd floor).

mine is examiner 5. in the morning. I have not spoken to my lawyer yet. I have been working with the same company since the beginning.

will talk to lawyer and will keep you posted.