Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

cheka said:
Hi Guys,
Finally after a waiting period of over 3 yrs got it stamped at chicago office. the officer was very nice and just asked my new employment letter. Interview lasted only 5 min.
Thank you all who helped me prepare for this moment.
TD 07/04
RD 09/02
Approval 5/12/05

Congrats!

Can you give us more details? Were you with a 245(i) case? What did they ask on the interview?

Interview Details

Went ther e at around 7:15am. They took us inside at 7:45. The oficer opened our files and verified all the details. Asked for my new employment letter and aslo new photos.for my wife they just asked for marriage certificate. thats it he said I am approving your case. You should expect the card in mail. If you dont get it in 6 months get a infopass to check status.
He was a very professional officer and didnt ask me anything extra.
Case Details:
EB2-RIR
RD 09/02
TD 07/04
Approval 5/12/05

cheka said:
Went ther e at around 7:15am. They took us inside at 7:45. The oficer opened our files and verified all the details. Asked for my new employment letter and aslo new photos.for my wife they just asked for marriage certificate. thats it he said I am approving your case. You should expect the card in mail. If you dont get it in 6 months get a infopass to check status.
He was a very professional officer and didnt ask me anything extra.
Case Details:
EB2-RIR
RD 09/02
TD 07/04
Approval 5/12/05

When you say new employment letter - did you change employers? If you did, did you ever file AC21 (notify them of the new employer)? Also, did you bring financial statements or any proof of employer ability to pay?

Thanks!

Interview details

I did not file AC-21.
I did not carry any company financial documents. I only carried my Tax returns and pay stubs.
I had the letter in the format lawyer specified.I carried all documents including degree and marriage certificates.

we got our permanent residence card today

485 ND 11/19/2002
TD 9/2004
Interview Date 5/3/2005
AD 5/5/2005
Card recieved date 5/23/05

Interview Over

We had our interview today morning. No questions asked - only employment letter and tax returns. The examiner was very polite. But could not get the passport stamped as their machine was out of order. They will send an approval letter which we'll have to take to the INS office , and get passport stamped.

Fbi Name Check

Hi Everbody

Our case was transferred to Local Office in Chicago in October 2004.

We were called for interview which we attended yesterday. It lasted about 30 minutes during which the officer went thru both our files and asked us questions about job, status, dates and port of last last entry to US, looked at our latest employment letter, tax returns and birth certificates. At the end she told that she has not received clearance for my name from FBI nut the name check for my wife is complete. She told us to that we would receive our green cards in mail once my my name check is cleared. She also mentioned that my wife may also have to go thru fingerprinting again (if my clearance if not received by then) after July 2005 since her earlier ones are valid till July only.

So guys I think that this was good but I have some queries which I am posting here. Please reply or PM me your thoughts on the following:

1) Is this normal for them to not receive the FBI name check. Is there any stipulated time period that FBI shoudl send them the name check.

2) I had already had 2nd FP in Jan 2005. The first FP was in Feb 2003 . Does this mean that when my FP was done in Feb 2003, the INS would have received my name check from FBI but since this I-485 has long wait, they gaian got my FP doen and would seek another FBI name check report from FBI. Does this make sense???. That's what I have been thinking since yesterday that if my name check would not cleared after first FP, then I would have received some intimation from them.

3) Is their any mechanism to track the name check clearance by FBI. Or is there any mechanism to findout that how many times our name check has been cleared by FBI. I have seen in some threads to write to FBI vial snail mail/email. Which one is better and quicker.

4) I have read in some forums about welcome letter. What is it?

5) I have the impression that physical Green card takes 3-4 months. So even if the INS officer receives my FBI name check cleared, then also it would be only after 3-4 months that I would come to know that mine green card has been approved.???

Any other comments by you guys are welcomed.

My details are:
For me: RD/PD October 2002
1st FP-Feb2003
EAD - Twice
AP- Twice
2nd FP jan 2005
I-485 interview May 2005

For my wife: (We got maried last year i.e. Nov 2003)
I-485 for my wife filed in Feb 2004.
Received EAD
Received AP
I-485 interview May 2005

Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Both my husband and I had our interview on 5/25. It went smoothly. The officer only asked for all our EAD cards and AP, passport pictures and the employment letter. She first thought my husband was the primary applicant and asked him a lot of questions. My husband reminded her that I was the primary, she then turned to ask me some very simple quenstions, like what kind of job I am working on. I told her I changed my job last summer, so she asked for the employment letter. But surprisely she asked if I only had one letter, I answered yes and the letter was from my current employer. That's all. Finally she told us she could not be able to close the case because the network was down and she could not get the registration number for us. But everything else was fine. To my attorney, it means she is approving our case. Hopefully it is true and we can get our green cards soon.

My case was transfered because I changed my job last summer (I guess.) It was first transfered to Philadelphia, then I called philly to ask them to transfer it to Chicago.

Count me in

I was waiting for approval from NSC but I got my file transferred to Chicago.:(

It seems it takes normally 4-6 months to get your interview call.
Am I right GURUs?

How many are pending in Chicago?
Should we start any kind of .xls file?
Please input your thoughts.

PuneetM123 said:
We had our interview today morning. No questions asked - only employment letter and tax returns. The examiner was very polite. But could not get the passport stamped as their machine was out of order. They will send an approval letter which we'll have to take to the INS office , and get passport stamped.

PuneetM123

Did you get your approving letter? I guess you had the interview on 5/25, the same day as mine since we had the same computer problem. But I have not get the approving letter until now.

still waiting

Still waiting for interview letter. My case transerred to Chicago Nov 04. Has anyone with transfer date on or after Nov 04 got interview call.

Good Luck june2002rd

ZeusChicago got his case transferred in SEP'2004 and got interview scheduled in May'2005.

punjabiguy got his case transferred in OCT'2004 and got interview scheduled in May'2005.

I see light for you. :)

june2002rd said:
Still waiting for interview letter. My case transerred to Chicago Nov 04. Has anyone with transfer date on or after Nov 04 got interview call.

My case was transferred in November 2004 and I had my interview on May 26th. You should get an infopass and find out more - Puneet

waiting...

RD Jan 9/2003
ND Jan 22/2003
TD DEC 22/2004
NO RFE's , I-140 approved Nov 22/2002.