Anyone used USPS postal money order with N400

i am filing for bankruptcy next year-- my credit is bad and they get judgement anytime soon --

do you guys think I can use My freind's check ?

You can use your friend's check also, it does not matter. Money orders issued by US post office are the next best option - they cost $1.50 (Don't write a check to cover the payment for money order!;))

On a different note, shouldn't you be taking care of your finances first before plunking down $675 for citizenship?

You can use your friend's check also, it does not matter. Money orders issued by US post office are the next best option - they cost $1.50 (Don't write a check to cover the payment for money order!;))

On a different note, shouldn't you be taking care of your finances first before plunking down $675 for citizenship?

Maybe financial crisis make citizenship even more important unless you do not bother to stay in this country. If one is totally financially ruined, one may become a public charge, which can endanger GC status. If one become a citizen, you can stay and live on public benefits etc and manage to stand up again financially later.

I am workig now and I have some money -- I foreclosed my house and I owe more than 200k on my house -- i have to file bankruptcy -- i don't have any other option -- I can afford $675 --

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't make sense - credit card is an unsecured debt and the card issuer has no right to garnish or seize your bank account unless there is a judgement from a court. Do you have a particular problem with a credit card company?

The creditor can get a quick judicial order to freeze the funds in a bank account without the knowledge or consent of the account holder. This would cause the check to bounce. As far as garnishment/seizure goes, that's a whole other ball game.