Anyone recently got Namecheck cleared ?

sonpapdi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Just wanted to check if anyone recently got their Namecheck(s) cleared or got an email from FBI. The reason being I haven't seen a lot of approval nowadays and this thread may help us to track it.

Just put the I485 RD dates and FBI email sent/rcvd like this below:

RD:I485-Aug 2004
Sent email to FBI: Jan,Mar and May (none replied so far)

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

dima66a said:
RD:I485-Nov 2002
Sent email to FBI: Nov,Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr and May (none replied so far)

send snailmail to:
David Hardy
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

and request them for status update. that might help...who knows...

What does this Message/Status Mean ?

Hi ,
What does the below message mean..does it mean that the Name check is done ?

"On September 3, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Labor-Substitute(PD - 07/2001)
EB3 (CSC)
I-140 RD (03/2004)
I-140 approved (12/2004)
I-485 RD (06/2004)
LUD 10/27/2004
FP done (07/2004)

mygreencard2004 said:
Hi ,
What does the below message mean..does it mean that the Name check is done ?

"On September 3, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Labor-Substitute(PD - 07/2001)
EB3 (CSC)
I-140 RD (03/2004)
I-140 approved (12/2004)
I-485 RD (06/2004)
LUD 10/27/2004
FP done (07/2004)

that just means finger printing results were recd. they don't update status for name check results.

california_gc

I didn't mention snailmails because I wanted to keep the format suggested by sonpapdi

RD:I485-Nov 2002
Sent email to FBI: Nov,Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr and May (none replied so far)
snail mail to David Hardy: Jan, Mar (none replied so far)
snail mail to William Hooton: Feb (none replied so far)
snail mail to Records/Information Dissemination Section (without specifying to whom): May (none replied so far)

for labor-substitue , is PD the actual PD or its of I-140

Since i have got a labor-substi and the PD is somewhere in 07/2001 and my I-140 RD is 03/2004 AD 12/2004 , which PD will be used, whether the original PD which is 07/2001 or date on which I-140 was applied.

thx
ra

Check your I-140 approval notice. There is PD on it. I use sub LC and it is original LC date on I-140.

mygreencard2004 said:
Since i have got a labor-substi and the PD is somewhere in 07/2001 and my I-140 RD is 03/2004 AD 12/2004 , which PD will be used, whether the original PD which is 07/2001 or date on which I-140 was applied.

thx
ra

sonpapdi said:
Hi,

Just wanted to check if anyone recently got their Namecheck(s) cleared or got an email from FBI. The reason being I haven't seen a lot of approval nowadays and this thread may help us to track it.

Just put the I485 RD dates and FBI email sent/rcvd like this below:

RD:I485-Aug 2004
Sent email to FBI: Jan,Mar and May (none replied so far)

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

Sonpapdi,

Even I have same feeling on recent approvals. There simply haven't been
any 485 approvals in last month or so. If you look at thread that ananya123
started, you'll notice that a lot of people got their 140 approved around
March-April, but everyone is waiting for 485. I doubt if all of these people
are waiting due to namecheck. It just can't be.

I really don't know what USCIS has to say about namecheck process to
all these ppl. I wonder if everyone got official response for their inquiries
that their application is under scrutiny for namecheck.

*sigh*

Yeah isn't that sad ?

Hi Outletvolt1,

Yes I do hear you .. USCIS is either fooling us with that Namecheck process or just too lazy to approve our cases. Let's continue this thread no matter if someone gets a reply from FBI or not. The benefit is probably to find some kind of pattern the FBI and USCIS are kind of following which is really hard to picturize with just one or two cases like you and me.

Let's see in a week or so to find out with some raw data provided in this thread. Hope everyone will participate in this providing the status.

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

name check

sent email to apr 29 2005 no reply
(RD aug-2004)
attended AOS interview on Jan 20th 2005

Raj :confused:

Inquiry to CSC

RD 12/5/03

Send inquiry to CSC about 3 weeks ago, got this response this week:

... undergoing routine security checks. Please allow 60 days before submitting another inquiry.

But my LUD didn't change. Did they send the response even without looking my case? :confused:

potter

why do you think they need to look at your case to send the response?

put yourself in their shoes
the purpose of the response is not to give you correct information, the purpose is to make you shut up

email/letter/fax to FBI won't help ANYTHING

I have read many posts about name check. Although a few people did get response after waiting for weeks or even months, my gut-feeling is that contacting FBI does not speed up your name check at all. The name check is done or not just because it is your turn or not. Because I am in the same boat, I understand that people really want to DO someting in stead of just waiting and waiting. However, writing to FBI does not seem helpful. Any one has better suggestions than contacting FBI? :confused:
-------------
I485 pending since Jan 04.

Mail from USCIS stating Name Check is pending

EB2
485 RD & ND - 12/2003
1st FP - 04/2004
140 AD - 10/2004 :)
2nd EAD & AP - 02/2005
FBI Emails - 03/2005, 04/2005, 05/2005
FBI Cert. Mail - 03/2005
FBI Fax - 03/2005
Received Letters from USCIS stating Name Check is pending with FBI and cannot proceed without it being cleared - 05/2005 :confused:
No Response from FBI :mad: