Anyone received Courtesy Copy this week?

To all concerned

Call your lawyers! They may already have the original copy!

While waiting for my CC, I happen to ask my legal about any documents they have already received, and lo and behold, they already got the original copy of my approval notice! The legal fedexed it next day delivery. The next day, I got the docs, went to INS the very next day (San Francisco processes 5 days a wk) for stamping.

Don't panic, guys.

It takes 1-2 weeks for you to get the Approval Notice (Courtesy Copy). It is because INS takes 2-3 days to send the notice even tho' it states in the AVM that they have mailed it the same day.

Courtesy copy is enough for stamping. After stamping, I rec'd the original approval notice from the lawyer (which turned out to be of poor quality).

So hang in there.

received both ...

Approved on Sep. 12th.

Lawyer received the notice on Sep. 20th.

Received courtesy copy on Sep. 23rd (this one for whatever reason went to my old address and got forwarded. This is despite my calling the VSC about my address change and calling again a week later to confirm that my new address got into the system!!)

-Raj

rannidev, please share your SFO stamping experience

rannidev, please share your SFO stamping experience for reference --- as what time to go, what to expect, what to take with you ..etc.
This will help us when we get approval & go stamping. Thank you!

Approved on 09/17. I haven't received the courtsey copy yet. I checked with the lawyer today and they also haven't received it yet.

AD - 17SEP Waiting for approval letter

RD: Sep 5 2001
AD: Sep 17 2002.
State: NJ

Neither me nor my lawyer have received the letters yet.

to U Kumar, and all waiting for stamping - tips!!!

Here's some tips I'd like to share so you can have a pleasant experience stamping - just like mine!
(1) Go to the INS office the earliest time possible, if you can be there before the office opens, the better as the lines are really bad ang long as you go during the day. I happen to be an early bird, so no problem queueing to get inside. Also, they are very strict and will inspect your backpack or anything you have. You will be inspected, just like if you are on the airport. I happen to have a swiss knife on my backpack and once detected on the xray machine, they made me leave it on the front counter and can only get it after I leave the building - that's how stressed out they are there!!!!

(2) Bring you NOA (original or courtesy) - I happen to have both, so no problem there
(3) 2 INS-spec photo (just like in the EAD). The guards even checked it and ask me if it was taken 30 days before - I said, 'It was taken yesterday'
(4) Bring PASSPORt for stamping!

Once inside, go to the designated room that was specified in the NOA. Once on the room, I don't know if its all the same for all INS offices, but the instruction was: Put all documents -i.e. EAD, 485 NOA, photo, together with passport and wait till officer calls your name.

So I left it on the counter and waited for like, 15 min and after that, officer called my name and I signed the card and fingerprint(index finger) twice - I think this will be on the plastic card. Officer didnt ask any questions. After that, told me to wait for a few minutes and after about 10mins, I was called again and, voila! my passport has been stamped!!!!!

It was a very pleasant experience for me. So hopefully, everyone waiting for their stamping, with these tips, you can have a very pleasant, just like mine, experience stamping your passport.

Also, after that, I didnt forget to get my swiss knife at the front counter!!! :) Cheers!

Received approval notices.

Our lawyer received the original Approval Notice and we received the Courtesy copy today.

Approval Date: 9/17
Mailing date on envelope 9/23
Notices received (NJ): 9/25

Have to wait until next Wednesday (10/2) for stamping.

Approved on 09/17/02. CC was mailed on 09/24/02. Recived on 09/28/02. Will be going for stamping tomorrow.

Thanks,